ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs restructured two contracts
thabear04 10:03 AM 09-10-2019
The Kansas City Chiefs restructured the contracts of LB Anthony Hitchens and LT Eric Fisher, creating close to $10.6M in cap space for the 2019 season, per @fieldyates.
The Chiefs converted both players’ 2019 base salary into a signing bonus.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:31 AM 09-11-2019
3 options.

1 - Chris Jones extension
2 - Roll Over space to next year for Mahomes
3 - Room for a new acquisition via trade
[Reply]
bowener 12:25 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
PP2KCJBTECUM4ME!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but that just looks like Sysco generic bagged frozen food. Probably prebattered and partially fried cod.
[Reply]
frozenchief 02:37 PM 09-11-2019
I would speculate Jones' extension.

The odds that we get a starting corner worthy of our attention are low. AZ has said it won't trade Peterson and MIA says that Howard is staying. Howard is signed through 2024 and he just signed his extension earlier this year. Not saying it won't happen, but odds are against it.

We now have roughly $23M in cap room. They could sign Jones to a front-loaded contract and roll over $7-9M to next year, depending on how they structure it. The salary cap is anticipated to go up and a new CBA might change how that is calculated to increase even more. The increase in the salary cap should provide them with sufficient room to cover Mahomes.

If they need more cap room, they could always cut Watkins, depending upon Hill and Hardman. Not saying they should. Just that it's an option because signing Mahomes is the priority this off-season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:48 PM 09-11-2019
Watkins will probably get extended. Mahomes I expect a new deal on Jan 1
[Reply]
frozenchief 03:29 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If he keeps playing like Sunday, that is definitely possible. Might use the time to re-structure his contract.

As far as January 1, I'm not so sure. First of all, KC is going to be deep in the playoffs and the parties are going to be talking but serious negotiations will occur after the Chiefs' season will be done, which will be early February 2020. Remember when we traded Smiff to the Redskins? The trade was announced in late January/early February, but it did not take effect until the league new year, which is not January 1. My guess is that Mahomes new contract will be similar as far as timing.
[Reply]
-King- 03:31 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Sigh. He can't get a new deal this season.
[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 09-12-2019

The #Chiefs salary cap space per the NFLPA stands at 24,007,936 . Hitchens is still not in the database yet. So his savings may not be included at this time.

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) September 12, 2019

So with Hitchens, that would get them close to 30? Surely they're gonna do something this year with it and not just roll it over. What would be the point of that?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:39 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Sigh. He can't get a new deal this season.
Terez says once Jan 1 hits Mahomes can have a new deal
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:40 PM 09-12-2019

They could also use it to do some combination of the three.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) September 12, 2019

[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up