ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs restructured two contracts
thabear04 10:03 AM 09-10-2019
The Kansas City Chiefs restructured the contracts of LB Anthony Hitchens and LT Eric Fisher, creating close to $10.6M in cap space for the 2019 season, per @fieldyates.
The Chiefs converted both players’ 2019 base salary into a signing bonus.
[Reply]
Iconic 11:02 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, the def could us a CB we've known that for....well all year.

The ability to roll cash over though helps with it.
That's the thing. We've known this is an issue all year, so why do it after week 1? Is it because they saw Ward get his drum beaten all over the field on Sunday? Unless they are making room for an extension the timing seems peculiar.
[Reply]
O.city 11:03 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
That's the thing. We've known this is an issue all year, so why do it after week 1? Is it because they saw Ward get his drum beaten all over the field on Sunday? Unless they are making room for an extension the timing seems off.
IIRC, there are some factors with when you can redo some deals and such.

Could be wrong though.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:04 AM 09-10-2019
A lot of you pussies can't handle being on top. Outside of New England, their is no one the Chiefs should be worried about and even then its mutual respect. This reminds me so much of the 2015 Royals season with all the worrying about stupid shit and shitty teams behind us.
[Reply]
Jerok 11:06 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Patriots won the Super Bowl last year, guess we should just go ahead and end the season.

Who ****ing cares about what happened last year? There have been a ton of changes since then
You are right. Mahomes was great last year. But who knows about the future? Definitely shouldn't pay him since things have changed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:08 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
We're re-signing Orlando Scandrick
Wouldn't need to restructure contracts for that. I hear he'll sign for a pack of Big League Chew and a used Volvo.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:12 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I actually heard we're just going to extend Fuller.
Kms Office GIF from Kms GIFs

[Reply]
Mecca 11:12 AM 09-10-2019
I hate borrowing from later years to make space now, especially with NE looking as strong as they do. Unless there's an extension coming for one of our own (which I'd be happy with) this sounds like a panic move for a CB honestly.
We're likely just trying to push a new CBA where lots of people think the cap will go up like 50 million dollars.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:12 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Wouldn't need to restructure contracts for that. I hear he'll sign for a pack of Big League Chew and a used Volvo.
Bring him in then!
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:14 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Bring him in then!
We don't know what flavor he wants
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:21 AM 09-10-2019
The plan is that Antonio Brown is going to facilitate a release from the Patriots so we can sign him.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:21 AM 09-10-2019
Can we get a CB to start throwing a tantrum and refuse to show up so their team cuts them and we don't have to give up anything?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:21 AM 09-10-2019
I hate borrowing from later years to make space now, especially with NE looking as strong as they do. Unless there's an extension coming for one of our own (which I'd be happy with) this sounds like a panic move for a CB honestly.
I'm not a big fan of it just for the fact it creates more dead cap if we move on but creating space now doesnt hurt because we can roll cap over. It's not lost anymore.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:29 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Do moves like this impact next years cap numbers for Hutch and Fish?
Probably more than just next years. They generally spread that out over the remainder of the contract.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:36 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jerok:
You are right. Mahomes was great last year. But who knows about the future? Definitely shouldn't pay him since things have changed.
I know right? Especially since you have already said we are going to lose to the shitty Ravens team already
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:44 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Without Tyreek hill we lose last year.

Guess who just got injured.
Ty got injured and we had no Watkins, Ware, and the o-line was a mess. We still won.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up