ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 25
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Xavien Howard?
Titty Meat 09:35 AM 01-30-2019
Welcome to the off season. Get it done Veach!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-trade-rumors/
[Reply]
Hoover 12:48 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ramsey has his 4th year and 5th year option still on his contract. That’s two years before you even have to consider a tag.
And you want to give up three draft picks for a guy with an attitude problem

It’s the multiple picks we can’t tolerate
[Reply]
Mecca 12:48 PM 01-30-2019
Another one to watch is Xavier Rhodes, he can probably be had cheaper since Minnesota has so many high picks invested in CBs and needs to shed money just to keep Trae Waynes.

But last I heard Rhodes was going on the block.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:51 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
And you want to give up three draft picks for a guy with an attitude problem

It’s the multiple picks we can’t tolerate
If we can get Ramsey for a 1st and 3rd, that’s a steal.

He’s an elite CB1 that shuts down the best WRs in the game, routinely. He’s also cost controlled for 2 years on the cheap.

You and I usually see eye to eye on things, but I think you’re underrating the impact an elite CB like him would make to our defense
[Reply]
BossChief 12:54 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Another one to watch is Xavier Rhodes, he can probably be had cheaper since Minnesota has so many high picks invested in CBs and needs to shed money just to keep Trae Waynes.

But last I heard Rhodes was going on the block.
I’ll take a hard pass on Rhodes. He’s almost 29 and is overrated.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:54 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we can get Ramsey for a 1st and 3rd, that’s a steal.

He’s an elite CB1 that shuts down the best WRs in the game, routinely. He’s also cost controlled for 2 years on the cheap.

You and I usually see eye to eye on things, but I think you’re underrating the impact an elite CB like him would make to our defense
This is what I’m looking at.

Ramsey is a game changer. Basically a lockdown corner.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:56 PM 01-30-2019
I’d flip a 1 and 3 for Ramsey or PP in a heartbeat. Both would be great moves and would immediately impact the defense in a huge way
[Reply]
RunKC 12:58 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Trading high draft picks and then having to shell out a big contract is the stupidest thing a team could do.
That’s why I like Xavier Rhodes. The Chiefs could trade a 2nd for him and his contract is very reasonable. His contract runs through 2022 but we could cut him in 2021 for only $2.4 million in dead money while gaining $25 million back in the last 2 years.

Mahomes deal is most likely going to be back loaded, so I don’t expect him to be a problem in this scenario.

[Reply]
BossChief 12:58 PM 01-30-2019
I’d probably top out at giving up a 2 for Howard.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:59 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s why I like Xavier Rhodes. The Chiefs could trade a 2nd for him and his contract is very reasonable. His contract runs through 2022 but we could cut him in 2021 for only $2.4 million in dead money while gaining $25 million back in the last 2 years.

Mahomes deal is most likely going to be back loaded, so I don’t expect him to be a problem in this scenario.

We'd only be on the hook for his base salary....so there shouldn't be any dead money that we would have to worry about.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 01-30-2019
Some of you really underestimate how far cap dollars go and how Reid/Veach look at 3 year windows in terms of the cap. KC uses signing bonuses to lower the first year cap hit significantly and they tried to sign Kyle Fuller last year and also tried trading for Landon Collins during the season.

You are underestimating the significance of the moves Veach is going to make to bolster this roster.
I'm not underestimating anything. You were talking about signing Xavien Howard AND Earl Thomas.

They're not signing Xavien Howard AND anybody. He wants to be the highest paid CB in the league. And yes, they can prorate bonuses and all that (which all teams do BTW) but it isn't going to lessen the blow. Signing Xavien Howard isn't going to happen.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:04 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We'd only be on the hook for his base salary....so there shouldn't be any dead money that we would have to worry about.
Yeah you’re right. Even better. I mean come on.

$13.4 million next year and $12.9 million in 2020 with an easy way out (with no consequences) in 2021 or 2022 for a talent like Xavier Rhodes?

Yeah. If we trade for anybody, this is the guy.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:04 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

He’s very overrated though.

Not in any way a shutdown corner.

In 6 years, he has 10 interceptions and 2 ffs.

He’s a better option than re-signing Nelson...but not by much.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:06 PM 01-30-2019
Howard is trash
[Reply]
Mecca 01:07 PM 01-30-2019
Rhodes is actually pretty good, he's not a playmaker, he's a solid guy who does his job, something we need.

And with how badly the Vikings need the cap relief you might be able to get him for peanuts.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:07 PM 01-30-2019
He’s very overrated though.

Not in any way a shutdown corner.

In 6 years, he has 10 interceptions and 2 ffs.

He’s a better option than re-signing Nelson...but not by much.
the game I went to in Atlanta - Rhodes shut down Julio - Jones had maybe one catch - MAYbe!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 25
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up