ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 211
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcpasco 03:31 PM 05-03-2019
Fowler should hit leadoff for awhile. Lol baseball is a funny game.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:45 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
When you can rarely make contact with the ball, roids wont help.
Might get them lazy fly balls into doubles.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:56 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Fowler should hit leadoff for awhile. Lol baseball is a funny game.
:-)
Attached: 9AEF1A06-9563-4304-AC3F-63B548067DDC.gif (495.7 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:19 PM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What potential does O'Neill really have? And I'm not asking that rehtorically.

We're in an era where I can find you a couple dozen guys in the minors who you could call up and get 30 HRs with a .325 OBP and 180 strikeouts. They're just awfully damn fungible these days. His offensive skill-set, especially from a RH hitter, just isn't all that difficult to find anymore.

I agree that he's gotten all he can out of AAA, but the problem is that we NEED more than he can give in short stints at the MLB level. And he's getting nothing from this either. So you're better served keeping him in a holding pattern at Memphis than you are having him up here hurting the club.

Because Goldschmidt likely shut the door on Ozuna coming back next season, especially if he continues to play well. The Cardinals aren't paying him $25 million going forward; I'd be surprised if they'd even pay him $20 million. So send O'Neill down, bank service time, keep him swinging the bat, see if he can figure out how to stay healthy (because right now you can't give him a starting job with his health history) and bring him back in 2020 when you can give him ABs.

This arrangement isn't working for anyone.
O’Neill optioned to AAA today.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:28 PM 05-04-2019
I swear to God these cocksuckers personally hate me. I turn on the TV and it's 5-1 with 2 on. The inning ends, and then immediately the Cubs load the bases and some asshat hitting 160-something hits a grand slam to tie the game.

:-)
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:04 PM 05-04-2019
Have there ever been a bigger collection of cock sucking umpires than in 2019?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:48 PM 05-04-2019
I cannot wait to never see Wacha pitch for the Cardinals again.

Also, if they could have just hit two goddamned fly balls with a runner on third and 0 or 1 out, they score two more runs and win anyway.

It really amazes me how analytics can be so wise to large trends and stupid to the small elements that often decide games. If you're trying to drive a run in, don't swing at a low pitch with less than two strikes.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:53 PM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Also, if they could have just hit two goddamned fly balls with a runner on third and 0 or 1 out, they score two more runs and win anyway.

It really amazes me how analytics can be so wise to large trends and stupid to the small elements that often decide games. If you're trying to drive a run in, don't swing at a low pitch with less than two strikes.
Those cunts better win tomorrow. I don't even want to think about the abuse that will be heaped on me at the office on Monday if they get swept. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:05 PM 05-04-2019
WTF was Schilt doing allowing Fowler to bat right handed with bases loaded? Bader kills LH pitching. Better fielder for the rest of the game. I think that was a Matheny moment. Got to trust my guys.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:12 PM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Have there ever been a bigger collection of cock sucking umpires than in 2019?
Talking about the no time call?

I've personally been through that. Got in the box, just get set and look up and the pitcher is already half way through his motion and the pitch was dead center. By rule that's not allowed and a batter is suppose to be allowed enough time to be ready for a pitch no matter if he is in the box.

In Martinez's case the umpire did grant him time to get set and ready for the pitch, it wasn't even a quick pitch. After he went through his whole routine he just stood there with his bat down. How much time do you need?

Happened to Coghlan in the playoffs one year and he actually stepped out of the box but realized time wasnt given and stepped back in and somehow managed to hit a sharp line drive to right. Martinez needs to realize time doesn't have to be given and in this case he was given time, just not a full 30 seconds or whatever he was hoping for.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:42 AM 05-05-2019
He will probably break down again. Ideally it is Flaherty, Mikolas, Martinez, Gant/Gomber and Reyes down the stretch.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:10 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Talking about the no time call?

I've personally been through that. Got in the box, just get set and look up and the pitcher is already half way through his motion and the pitch was dead center. By rule that's not allowed and a batter is suppose to be allowed enough time to be ready for a pitch no matter if he is in the box.

In Martinez's case the umpire did grant him time to get set and ready for the pitch, it wasn't even a quick pitch. After he went through his whole routine he just stood there with his bat down. How much time do you need?

Happened to Coghlan in the playoffs one year and he actually stepped out of the box but realized time wasnt given and stepped back in and somehow managed to hit a sharp line drive to right. Martinez needs to realize time doesn't have to be given and in this case he was given time, just not a full 30 seconds or whatever he was hoping for.
Not only was the time not excessive in my opinion, the ball was 6 inches inside. The umpire was just trying to prove a point.

Not that any of it should have mattered had we gotten a hit earlier in the game or not let some beer league softball looking motherfucker crank a grand slam.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:42 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Not only was the time not excessive in my opinion, the ball was 6 inches inside. The umpire was just trying to prove a point.
The pitch was inside no doubt, gotta give credit to Contreras' excellent framing skills, but what point was he trying to prove?

It's not shown in the clips but I rewound the play on DVR because I turned my head for a second and then see Shildt out there in front of the ump with Yadi holding Martinez back so I wanted to see what happened. The ump has his hands up the whole time Martinez was going through his routine and then when hes basically in his batting stance looking at the pitcher he says play ball. The only thing is Martinez is just staring at the pitcher with his bat in between his legs. What exactly is he thinking?

The player off the top of my head that holds time every time he steps in the box is Braun but once hes done with his shit hes got his bat in position and hes ready to hit. I dont think I've ever seen a batter get set and then just sit there limp in the box. The whole thing was just weird.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:55 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The pitch was inside no doubt, gotta give credit to Contreras' excellent framing skills, but what point was he trying to prove?

It's not shown in the clips but I rewound the play on DVR because I turned my head for a second and then see Shildt out there in front of the ump with Yadi holding Martinez back so I wanted to see what happened. The ump has his hands up the whole time Martinez was going through his routine and then when hes basically in his batting stance looking at the pitcher he says play ball. The only thing is Martinez is just staring at the pitcher with his bat in between his legs. What exactly is he thinking?

The player off the top of my head that holds time every time he steps in the box is Braun but once hes done with his shit hes got his bat in position and hes ready to hit. I dont think I've ever seen a batter get set and then just sit there limp in the box. The whole thing was just weird.
https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/

Go there with the rest of the scum and don't come back.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:10 PM 05-05-2019
https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/

Go there with the rest of the scum and don't come back.
I like it here, plus I dont even visit that site.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 211
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up