ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1520 of 2678
« First < 520102014201470151015161517151815191520 152115221523152415301570162020202520 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:46 PM 05-23-2019
I have a buddy who really liked Smith. We went to the last preseason game in 2017 together. I just wanted to see Mahomes start and play. He wasn't too happy that Smith wasn't playing. He was saying that he didn't think that Mahomes was as good as Smith. All season he was talking about how good of a year that Smith was having and that we didn't need Mahomes. He was pretty upset when Smith got traded. He was ready to quit the Chiefs over it. But I kept working on him and he kept watching. Now, he's on board with Mahomes. Every once in a while I ask him if he wishes they had Smith still. Lol. Oh how sweet it is to rub that in.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:53 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Well fuck, I was wrong
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:01 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Does anyone have that friend that thought Mahomes was gonna suck and still refuses to acknowledge that he is awesome.....I have that friend and it sucks balls.

Imagine hearing this shit...

"He has to do it more than 1 year"

"Sophomore slump"

"The league will figure him out"

"He's never having another year as good as that one"

"Saying he can throw it 100 yards in Mexico, dude has a big head and an ego problem already"

I deal with this...almost daily.
Nah. All of my buddies are all like me. It’s like we are all middle schoolers who kissed a girl for the first time. :-)
[Reply]
Priest31kc 04:30 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Does anyone have that friend that thought Mahomes was gonna suck and still refuses to acknowledge that he is awesome.....I have that friend and it sucks balls.

Imagine hearing this shit...

"He has to do it more than 1 year"

"Sophomore slump"

"The league will figure him out"

"He's never having another year as good as that one"

"Saying he can throw it 100 yards in Mexico, dude has a big head and an ego problem already"

I deal with this...almost daily.
Yep. High school friend who I havent seen in forever but kept tabs with each other on Twitter and FB.

Hes a Deshaun Watson fanboy and was pissed we took Mahomes over him. He claims to be a Chiefs fan but hes really not. Nothing but negativity about the Chiefs. Hes a college football fan and even admits he hates the NFL now.

He was/is also a huge Alex Smith lover. Which made it even worse. Alex was literally the only thing he was positive about with the Chiefs. Always making excuses for him, never blaming him, etc...

But yeah when Alex had that hot 5 game start in 17 & Deshaun had that 6 game run...he became unbearable. Nothing but Mahomes hate & irrational & ignorant hot takes. I unfollowed him on Twitter before last season.

But I went to his profile throughout the season just to see how he was dealing with being so wrong...

Week 1: Chargers suck, wide open receivers, laughed when someone said Mahomes for MVP.
Week 2: Steelers defense sucks, play someone good.
Week 3-5: Sporadic smartass comments about Mahomes missing a throw. Still zero praise or positivity about Mahomes. But by the Jags game he starts to play this troll level reverse psychology where he praises our horrible defense yet doesnt praise or even blames our historically good offense.
Week 6: There was a graphic showing Alex & Mahomes comparisons through the first 5 weeks of the last 2 seasons from Cowherd I believe and he shared that. And then after the NE loss he blamed Mahomes and went all Alex dick rider because he beat them in 14 & 17.
Weeks 7-10: Dont think he said much because he was realizing how wrong he was.
Week 11: Blamed Mahomes for the INTs and fumbles and the loss while saying nothing about the defense. Troll.
Week 13: Remember him saying we should have more than 13 points I believe that we had at the time...and we end up with 40 lol
Week 14: Praised the defense all game, literally said nothing about Mahomes until he called him a dumbass because he fumbled the ball in OT. Argued with me and said Houston's strip sack which had no barring really on the game...was the most important play of the game and downplayed Mahomes game.
Week 15: Blamed the offense for only putting up 28 points. Really. Praised the defense all game again.
Weeks 16-17: Cant remember. Besides nothing positive about Mahomes.
Colts game: Praised defense. I think that's about it.
Pats game: Actually blamed both but specifically pointed out Mahomes and the O with 0 first half points.

Nothing since really besides bashing the Chiefs for not taking the 4 or 5 specific guys he wanted in the draft & 3 or 4 of them from Miami because hes a giant Miami homer.

Still hasnt admitted he was so dead wrong. Still nothing positive about Mahomes. He's the definition of a troll.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:34 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
Yep. High school friend who I havent seen in forever but kept tabs with each other on Twitter and FB.

Hes a Deshaun Watson fanboy and was pissed we took Mahomes over him. He claims to be a Chiefs fan but hes really not. Nothing but negativity about the Chiefs. Hes a college football fan and even admits he hates the NFL now.

He was/is also a huge Alex Smith lover. Which made it even worse. Alex was literally the only thing he was positive about with the Chiefs. Always making excuses for him, never blaming him, etc...

But yeah when Alex had that hot 5 game start in 17 & Deshaun had that 6 game run...he became unbearable. Nothing but Mahomes hate & irrational & ignorant hot takes. I unfollowed him on Twitter before last season.

But I went to his profile throughout the season just to see how he was dealing with being so wrong...

Week 1: Chargers suck, wide open receivers, laughed when someone said Mahomes for MVP.
Week 2: Steelers defense sucks, play someone good.
Week 3-5: Sporadic smartass comments about Mahomes missing a throw. Still zero praise or positivity about Mahomes. But by the Jags game he starts to play this troll level reverse psychology where he praises our horrible defense yet doesnt praise or even blames our historically good offense.
Week 6: There was a graphic showing Alex & Mahomes comparisons through the first 5 weeks of the last 2 seasons from Cowherd I believe and he shared that. And then after the NE loss he blamed Mahomes and went all Alex dick rider because he beat them in 14 & 17.
Weeks 7-10: Dont think he said much because he was realizing how wrong he was.
Week 11: Blamed Mahomes for the INTs and fumbles and the loss while saying nothing about the defense. Troll.
Week 13: Remember him saying we should have more than 13 points I believe that we had at the time...and we end up with 40 lol
Week 14: Praised the defense all game, literally said nothing about Mahomes until he called him a dumbass because he fumbled the ball in OT. Argued with me and said Houston's strip sack which had no barring really on the game...was the most important play of the game and downplayed Mahomes game.
Week 15: Blamed the offense for only putting up 28 points. Really. Praised the defense all game again.
Weeks 16-17: Cant remember. Besides nothing positive about Mahomes.
Colts game: Praised defense. I think that's about it.
Pats game: Actually blamed both but specifically pointed out Mahomes and the O with 0 first half points.

Nothing since really besides bashing the Chiefs for not taking the 4 or 5 specific guys he wanted in the draft & 3 or 4 of them from Miami because hes a giant Miami homer.

Still hasnt admitted he was so dead wrong. Still nothing positive about Mahomes. He's the definition of a troll.
Link that Twitter
[Reply]
KC Dan 04:35 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Invite him over for a nice cocktail (Vodka & Anti-freeze should do the trick).
[Reply]
chinaski 04:41 PM 05-23-2019
My cousin wanted Watson, I wanted Mahomes. When we drafted Mahomes, he texted me with something like "I guess you were right" and I haven't heard from him since.

I tried engaging in friendly conversation a few times since then, no response. Odd. Then again, we aren't really that close.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:45 PM 05-23-2019
Sounds like some of you need new friends.

None of mine are Chiefs fans, and even the Broncos fan knows Mahomes is the real deal.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:46 PM 05-23-2019
Surround yourself with better people. Fuck.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:57 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sounds like some of you need new friends.

None of mine are Chiefs fans, and even the Broncos fan knows Mahomes is the real deal.
Ditto.

I told my buddies for over a year that Football Jesus was coming. Of course they didn't believe me.

Well who's laughing now...? MWAUAHAHAHA
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:59 PM 05-23-2019
We have the leagues CLEAR CUT next megastar, the guy who will carry the NFL’s flag for the next 15-20 years... sometimes it seems like it still hasn’t completely sunk in yet with me

You want Super Bowl trophies? Go look under your pillow young man...
[Reply]
staylor26 05:07 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ditto.

I told my buddies for over a year that Football Jesus was coming. Of course they didn't believe me.

Well who's laughing now...? MWAUAHAHAHA
I felt like I was overhyping him :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:24 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I felt like I was overhyping him :-)
I knew at the very least he was going to be 100 times better than the god-awful shit we had been trotting out since Montana split.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:35 PM 05-23-2019
The visor Mahomes is wearing is designed by Oakley.

Apparently it increases "contrast, depth perception and detail."

:-)
[Reply]
gonefishin53 05:39 PM 05-23-2019
Mahomes just said on NFLN that after reviewing tape, he missed a lot of easy first down completions because he was looking to make a big play. Instead of regressing this year, I think he'll be more consistently effective in moving the chains, maintaining possession, and finishing drives.
[Reply]
Page 1520 of 2678
« First < 520102014201470151015161517151815191520 152115221523152415301570162020202520 > Last »
Up