Page 16 of 4783
« First < 61213141516 1718192026661165161016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:11 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
When Houston fails again to even touch Manning, I'm sure you'll remember his 3 sacks against Austin Davis fondly.
Manning is rarely sacked. That doesn't mean shit. You guys don't ever face Peyton. If you did, you wouldn't touch him either.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:17 AM 10-27-2014
Here you go Virus, here's the chart I promised you.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:20 AM 10-27-2014
Von was a prodigy. #2 overall.

Houston was a mid-rounder, although he had 1st round talent.

I'm not surprised that Von came into the league and raped more immediately than Houston. You have to admit, though, that Houston is the better pass rusher this season.

Come on. Just admit it. Let me hear ya say it.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:22 AM 10-27-2014
When Houston fails again to even touch Manning, I'm sure you'll remember his 3 sacks against Austin Davis fondly.
Choke on your Ebola sandwich, troll.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:26 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Choke on your Ebola sandwich, troll.
Troll or not, we are terrified to touch Manning... We have sacked him once in the last 80-894-0q973490183yq billion games?

We don't have the defense that can control or hit Manning...
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 11:37 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Troll or not, we are terrified to touch Manning... We have sacked him once in the last 80-894-0q973490183yq billion games?

We don't have the defense that can control or hit Manning...
No one does, really.

This is why Peyton has been so successful. You just can't get to him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:45 AM 10-27-2014
Yeah, Peyton has to be, on a per snap basis, the least sacked QB of all time.

The only kind of pressure that seems to truly get to him comes from right up the middle.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:50 AM 10-27-2014
If you hit Manning, it's a penalty.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:53 AM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Von was a prodigy. #2 overall.

Houston was a mid-rounder, although he had 1st round talent.

I'm not surprised that Von came into the league and raped more immediately than Houston. You have to admit, though, that Houston is the better pass rusher this season.

Come on. Just admit it. Let me hear ya say it.
Uh, no. They've been pretty even, really. The difference is that Houston got 3 sacks against one of the worst pass protecting teams in the league, 2 of which were after their best OL was injured.

In their games against common opponents, they've been extremely even. They each had 1 sack on Rivers, and Houston had 1 and Von had 2 on Kaepernick.

In pressures, they're only separated by 1 (Von 39, Houston 38), and in stops they're also separated by 1 (Von 19, Houston 18). They each have a single missed tackle.

The teams they've faced are also extremely similar in sacks/game allowed, with Von facing teams allowing 2.14 sacks/game, and Houston facing teams allowing 2.22 sacks/game.

So far, amazingly even. I'll take Von.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:10 PM 10-27-2014
Uh, no. They've been pretty even, really. The difference is that Houston got 3 sacks against one of the worst pass protecting teams in the league, 2 of which were after their best OL was injured.

In their games against common opponents, they've been extremely even. They each had 1 sack on Rivers, and Houston had 1 and Von had 2 on Kaepernick.

In pressures, they're only separated by 1 (Von 39, Houston 38), and in stops they're also separated by 1 (Von 19, Houston 18). They each have a single missed tackle.

The teams they've faced are also extremely similar in sacks/game allowed, with Von facing teams allowing 2.14 sacks/game, and Houston facing teams allowing 2.22 sacks/game.

Are you talking about Jake Long? He's not even protecting the same side that Houston rushes from.

So it would appear that Von has an ever-so-slight advantage in numbers against common opponents while, once again, being placed in a much more favorable position to do so. Remember you held double digit leads on both the 49ers and Chargers for much of each game.

I'll take Houston.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:13 PM 10-27-2014

How many rushing attempts has each had?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:17 PM 10-27-2014
The stats seem to agree with what I'm saying.

Denver has seen the least amount of rushes per game and the most amount of pass attempts per game.

We've seen only 215 pass attempts the entire season to the Broncos' 294. Depending on how many passes you see per game, that's roughly 3 games' worth of pass attempts more crammed into the same number of games!
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 10-27-2014
Chiefs have also played 1 less game
[Reply]
vailpass 12:24 PM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The stats seem to agree with what I'm saying.

Denver has seen the least amount of rushes per game and the most amount of pass attempts per game.

We've seen only 215 pass attempts the entire season to the Broncos' 294. Depending on how many passes you see per game, that's roughly 3 games' worth of pass attempts more crammed into the same number of games!
Denver run D is stout. Teams have to abandon the run due to that and the O piling up points. Houston and Von are both bad Motherfuckers, they play for different types of teams.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:25 PM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by O.city:
Chiefs have also played 1 less game
Huh?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 4783
« First < 61213141516 1718192026661165161016 > Last »
Up