ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 19
1 234511 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Anyone here go to Texas A&M Recently?
SAUTO 10:46 AM 02-22-2014
daughter is thinking of going...
[Reply]
In58men 10:46 AM 02-22-2014
Now I am
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:52 AM 02-22-2014
Why ? Johnny Manziel won't be there.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:53 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Now I am
I think this is the first time I've laughed at one of your posts. Well done, bitch.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:53 AM 02-22-2014
Aggies are weird. They have a pretend military.

Send her to UT if she wants to go to Texas - Austin is fucking awesome.
[Reply]
SPATCH 10:59 AM 02-22-2014
Austin is much more doper.
[Reply]
TEX 11:07 AM 02-22-2014
My niece went there. She did the UNTHINKABLE and transferred to UT after her freshman year. A&M is real into tradition to the point of "weirdness" according to her. She wasn't into all the "Fight Farmers Fight" stuff and was kinda considered an outcast because she didn't "get into it" so she left. She really likes Austin because there is so much more than UT and it's OK to be into other things. A& M It's a very good school, but it's pretty much the ONLY thing in College Station.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:09 AM 02-22-2014
she is thinking of rangeland ecology and management.
[Reply]
Phobia 11:17 AM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Well, that's a good place for it. I have dozens of Aggie friends from my time in Texas and they're all decent folks. I'm not really contributing much here. It's not a bad place but she's going to experience some culture shock anywhere she goes.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:27 AM 02-22-2014
Might I suggest Kansas State? Closer to home, great school for this.

Sports bullshit talking aside, Manhattan is a really, really neat college town, and I think she'd love it.
[Reply]
greatgooglymoogly 11:47 AM 02-22-2014
Texas A&M is enormous - 50,000+ students on campus. It's the kind of place that can swallow a young person whole if they're not careful. I don't know about the program you describe, but every major employer in Houston scours the university.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:06 PM 02-22-2014
There are excellent Forage and Rangeland programs. But if she is serious about it, depending on career goals she will need to get focused on at least a MS. I have a good friend who did his Phd at College Station in Rangeland ecology. I work some with a guy who has his BS/MS from Kentucky and did his Phd at Iowa State. His degrees are Forage production with most of his work on grass and grazing management to maximize production efficiency.

KState is good as an undergrad program for sure. Texas Tech as well as A and M. Kentucky has been doing some really great work in Forage and Range management.

She has a number of career paths open to her. Ranch management, if she has enough Animal Science to match up. USDA in research. BLM managing Federal lands, Commercial Company Research, and sales for suppliers to the range business.

Its a interesting field. You have opportunity to deal with livestock, wildlife, the rangelands, native species, invasive species management, forestry, and a wide range of individuals and agencies both federal and state.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 12:16 PM 02-22-2014
I graduated from there two years ago. Not in that area though so I don't have much knowledge of what she could expect in that program.
[Reply]
mike_b_284 12:30 PM 02-22-2014
I go there and that is my major. Any questions?
[Reply]
mike_b_284 12:32 PM 02-22-2014
I also looked at Kstate's conservation biology program. Ended up here for the lady's job.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 19
1 234511 > Last »
Up