ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:19 PM 02-14-2020
In some games, beaning them should certainly happen. And Lord knows their 81 regular season away games should be full of boos and chants of cheating and other non-violent forms of protest.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:29 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
In some games, beaning them should certainly happen. And Lord knows their 81 regular season away games should be full of boos and chants of cheating and other non-violent forms of protest.

Everyone is thirsty for these quotes, but there's this developing idea that the 2017-19 Astros were basically the Mariners plus cheating, and it's nonsense. A very deep breath needs to be taken.

— Joe Sheehan (@joe_sheehan) February 14, 2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:34 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
OK, who were they "plus cheating"? Clearly the latter is accurate.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:37 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
OK, who were they "plus cheating"? Clearly the latter is accurate.
Personally I'm tired of the story, they aren't a 73 win team that became a 100 win team that won a title because of this. I think this is a pervasive problem in baseball that lots of teams are doing, the Astros got busted with it, but to me it's no different than the roids. They are acting like they care when in reality they aren't doing much of anything to address it across the league as a whole.

The Astros won because they had the best pitching staff in baseball. It also becomes more laughable when Clay Bellinger hit 143 in that WS and says their rings were stolen...did cheating make you not hit the ball also?

It's just this really overdone sensationalized look at it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:41 PM 02-14-2020
Personally I'm tired of the story, they aren't a 73 win team that became a 100 win team that won a title because of this. I think this is a pervasive problem in baseball that lots of teams are doing, the Astros got busted with it, but to me it's no different than the roids. They are acting like they care when in reality they aren't doing much of anything to address it across the league as a whole.

The Astros won because they had the best pitching staff in baseball. It also becomes more laughable when Clay Bellinger hit 143 in that WS and says their rings were stolen...did cheating make you not hit the ball also?

The Patriots are a good team without cheating too. And everyone steals nfl signs to some extent. The Astros were clearly going above and beyond to build a culture of cheating. So no, I don't think this is being overdone at all.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:42 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The Patriots are a good team without cheating too. And everyone steals nfl signs to some extent. The Astros were clearly going above and beyond to build a culture of cheating. So no, I don't think this is being overdone at all.
Cheating also runs much deeper in the culture of baseball than it does any other sport. I'm not even defending them in this light I'm saying the pitch fork reaction is funny to me, there are dudes in the HOF that have openly admitted they cheated constantly.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:43 PM 02-14-2020

They don't beat the Yankees in the ALCS without cheating...I'll never be convinced otherwise.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:45 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
They don't beat the Yankees in the ALCS without cheating...I'll never be convinced otherwise.
Yea...I don't really agree with that one but ok.

People are going to lose their shit when they win 95+ again and go back to the playoffs I bet.
[Reply]
kstater 02:54 PM 02-14-2020
I’d be surprised if Altuve wears less than 50 balls this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:57 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by kstater:
I’d be surprised if Altuve wears less than 50 balls this year.
That's not going to happen, the only guys speaking out on it are the ones who feel personally cheated...this shit is way more pervasive than they are letting out across the league.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:58 PM 02-14-2020
The Astro's owner "doesn't know" if stealing signs is advantageous. I mean, if it's not, why do it?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:00 PM 02-14-2020
Cheating also runs much deeper in the culture of baseball than it does any other sport. I'm not even defending them in this light I'm saying the pitch fork reaction is funny to me, there are dudes in the HOF that have openly admitted they cheated constantly.
Why not simply tell every batter exactly what pitch is coming? What could it possibly hurt?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 03:02 PM 02-14-2020
Martinez of the Nats said the Astros tried the whistling thing in the world series but the batters couldn't hear and they got a couple strikeouts as a result. Of course the road team won all the games, which is sweet justice against the cheating Astros. Imagine if they had won that series too.
[Reply]
notorious 03:22 PM 02-14-2020
Should rip the title away.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:22 PM 02-14-2020
Hate hate hate that people blame the owner and are freaking out on him. If he didn't know, he didn't know. If he's a normal owner, he's not going to be too involved with the on the field stuff and would have no idea this is happening. To blame him and expect him to be accountable is just so 2020. Blame whoever is in charge, for everything, instead of the individual, always.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up