ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 289 of 301
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Mecca 09:01 AM 12-10-2019
Interested in Happ for nothing?

https://t.co/fLzt3tiuRT #Yankees are shopping Happ as a way to more comfortably fit Cole into luxury tax payroll if they are able to sign Cole.

— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 10, 2019

They also need 40 man room because they want to make a few signings, Yankees are another good spot to look to grab some pieces without giving up much.
[Reply]
nychief 09:34 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Interested in Happ for nothing?

They also need 40 man room because they want to make a few signings, Yankees are another good spot to look to grab some pieces without giving up much.

This would be smart... but DM has already said implicitly that we aren't open for business this offseason.

Wait around for the arms to arrive, lose 90+ games again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:37 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Hmmmm....situational lefty brought in to get a lefty out.....gives up a dinger.

Does manager call for two intentional walks thereafter due to two tough righties coming up in the lineup?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:45 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Hmmmm....situational lefty brought in to get a lefty out.....gives up a dinger.

Does manager call for two intentional walks thereafter due to two tough righties coming up in the lineup?

What I think this means is that the situational lefty and situational righty are out of jobs from now on.

This is great news for left handed hitters. And great news for anyone who has been bored by the high strikeout numbers in late innings. Teams are going to have fewer opportunities to maximize reliever value. Relievers are going to have to be better at getting opposite-handed hitters out than in previous years.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:52 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What I think this means is that the situational lefty and situational righty are out of jobs from now on.

This is great news for left handed hitters. And great news for anyone who has been bored by the high strikeout numbers in late innings. Teams are going to have fewer opportunities to maximize reliever value. Relievers are going to have to be better at getting opposite-handed hitters out than in previous years.
The guys who can pitch to both are going to have added value and a guy like Tim Hill should be traded right now as his value drops a ton with this.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:08 AM 12-10-2019
The guys who can pitch to both are going to have added value and a guy like Tim Hill should be traded right now as his value drops a ton with this.

I know what I would do with him:
package him with Kennedy to the Padres for Myers and prospects.

I don’t know if they could pry The Arias kid away - he posted a strong OPS with strong SS defense - but that would be my first ask.

Myers, Edward Olivares, Anderson Espinoza and Buddy Reed would work for me.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 12-10-2019
I know what I would do with him:
package him with Kennedy to the Padres for Myers and prospects.

I don’t know if they could pry The Arias kid away - he posted a strong OPS with strong SS defense - but that would be my first ask.

Myers, Edward Olivares, Anderson Espinoza and Buddy Reed would work for me.
It might be doable if you didn't make them take Kennedy's contract back and ate all of Myers deal.

They view Tatis and Abrams as their future MI.

I think a really interesting idea is to move Dozier.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:08 PM 12-10-2019
It might be doable if you didn't make them take Kennedy's contract back and ate all of Myers deal.

They view Tatis and Abrams as their future MI.

I think a really interesting idea is to move Dozier.

Even without paying any of Kennedy’s deal, you’re clearing them of $50 million in contract on the swaps. And including a solid reliever with 4-5 years of cheap control.

That’s why I include Hill in the deal. Kennedy helps them this year, too.

Kennedy/Munoz/PomeranZ/Yates is an imposing back-end.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:31 PM 12-10-2019
Even without paying any of Kennedy’s deal, you’re clearing them of $50 million in contract on the swaps. And including a solid reliever with 4-5 years of cheap control.

It's worth a shot the only issue is I doubt the Royals are going to be willing to do any of this shit when in reality it's what they should be doing.

Paying for prospects by taking on bad contracts while you suck isn't a horrible idea. But nah we're busy trying to keep the ghost of Alex Gordon.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:36 PM 12-10-2019
Real question, do we think baseball will consider expanding again at some point?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:51 PM 12-10-2019
Real question, do we think baseball will consider expanding again at some point?
The way they're flirting with Montreal makes it feel inevitable.

To be honest, the MLB has a much more legit reason to expand to Japan than the NFL does to London, but I doubt that would ever happen.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:01 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The way they're flirting with Montreal makes it feel inevitable.

To be honest, the MLB has a much more legit reason to expand to Japan than the NFL does to London, but I doubt that would ever happen.
Baseball is also played by a much larger population so it does make me wonder if they think they can support some more markets.

Apparently Portland is trying hard to get a team also.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 12-10-2019

Pads GM is said to be on the hot seat if they don't make a legit post-season push this year.

That deal helps them win games in 2020 and would also give them long-term payroll flexibility.

I think they'd be smart to consider it.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:07 PM 12-10-2019
Hey if you are a baseball video game fan....MLB the show will be on all platforms starting in 2021, so no more only playstation baseball.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:17 PM 12-10-2019
Wil Myers is like the worst fit ever in SD.

Or another SD malcontent.....What about taking The Faux-Hawk back? Maybe he’s happier here? Maybe they could eat 50 of the 100 left and we are at a 6/50 type of deal. Idk just tossing out ideas, don’t hate me
[Reply]
Page 289 of 301
« First < 189239279285286287288289 290291292293299 > Last »
Up