ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 243 of 301
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:11 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't think I've ever felt less invested in a Royals season than I have this one, since I moved here 20 years ago. I don't think I've watched more than a few innings, and that was months ago.

I have Dish so I haven’t seen a game in a long time. I keep hoping that they will work this out.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:12 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And I don’t care.

If you’re losing 90+, to me there’s no point in trying to be a little less bad. Just embrace the suck.

Being two games worse in 2009 would have meant the Royals were in position to take Manny Machado the following draft. Would having a 100-loss season instead of a 98-loss season matter now? As much as it would have mattered to draft a plus-d, plus bat SS and plug that player into the rest of the position players?

Exactly!

I’ve given up on the first pick though.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:12 AM 09-05-2019
Royals to take on big D on pride night.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:13 AM 09-05-2019
Let's see a pic of you sporting that rainbow hat, PB
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:17 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Let's see a pic of you sporting that rainbow hat, PB
I don’t support that nonsense and I’m very surprised the Royals did. Pro sports simply can’t stop getting involved in politics.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:21 AM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I don’t support that nonsense and I’m very surprised the Royals did. Pro sports simply can’t stop getting involved in politics.
:-)

Agreed. It's pretty silly but not nearly as bad as the "Read With A Tyranny Day" for kids held at our local libray recently.

Prepare yourself for Tranny Day At The K.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:37 AM 09-05-2019
Royals host their first ever ‘Pride Night’ at the K after years of fan requests

Posted 10:15 pm, September 4, 2019, by Dave D'Marko, Updated at 10:18PM, September 4, 2019

First `Pride Night` at the K

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Royals hosted their first ever “Pride Night” on Wednesday at Kauffman Stadium.

That would appear to make them the last team in Major League Baseball to host such an event, based on reports and a check of other clubs promotional schedules.

LGBTQ fans started holding a tailgate five years ago they called "Out with the Royals."

“Over the years they’ve been saying, 'Can we do something else? Can we do something inside the stadium?'" Royals spokesman Toby Cook said.

The Royals became the 28th team to hold "Pride Night" or a similar event at their ballpark this season.

The Houston Astros and Texas Rangers, each who previously held events, opted not to this season, according to Outsports.

“I think the biggest statement would have been had we not taken this step because other Major League ball clubs have almost done this, and you get to a point where not doing it is a statement in and of its self," Cook said.

They launched a theme ticket where up to 2,000 fans could get Royals hats in rainbow colors. It ended up being a sell out theme ticket.

“I think it’s very important to have the support come from the team just for the whole city to get everybody behind us," Jenn Wilson said.

Scott Switzer with Kansas City 2019 Gay Softball World Series threw out the first pitch.

He said they asked the Royals not to have the special night during Pride Month so it could be scheduled around the event, drawing 5,000 LGBTQ athletes from around the nation to Kansas City.

The Heartland Men’s Chorus sang the National Anthem.

"It’s a great thing for Kansas City and the gay and lesbian community," said Dudley Hogue, a chorus member.

Five dollars from every ticket goes to the AIDS Service Foundation.

“There are 5,700 people living in our city with an HIV/AIDS diagnosis, so we are focusing on prevention education treatment and awareness," AIDS Service Foundation Board President Eric Thomas said.

The Royals said unlike when the St. Louis Cardinals first had their Pride Night in 2017, negative reaction has been minimal.

“We don’t know if we waited just long enough that’s it not really an issue anymore, but at least it’s happening here in the ballpark," Cook said.

That’s a cool deal.

I flew from Atlanta to KC with a large number of the players in this softball World Series and had a nice chat with the gentleman sitting next to me about it.

I later learned (from my friend, who was sitting next to my neighbor’s friend) that he was hoping I was “family,” too (the friend I was traveling with happened to be gay).

Rather flattering, actually. He was a good-looking dude who has it together enough to be flying first class.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:15 PM 09-05-2019
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...level-surge-58

Home runs surged 58% at Triple-A this season following the switch to major league baseballs.

According to the organization that governs the minors, 5,752 homers were hit in the International and Pacific Coast Leagues. That's up from 3,652 in 2018.

Rawlings provides baseballs for the majors and minors. The big league balls are manufactured in Costa Rica, the minor league balls in China.

Big league batters are on pace to break the season home run record next week with two-plus weeks remaining in the season.

Home runs rose 57% in the International League, from 1,555 to 2,440, and 58% in the Pacific Coast League, from 2,097 to 3,312.

Long balls dropped in nine of 14 leagues from Double-A down, where China-manufactured balls were used.

There were drops at all three top-level Class A leagues: 908 from 976 in the California League (7%), 820 from 886 in the Carolina League (7%) and 896 from 954 in the Florida State League (6%). There were 6% decreases in both lower full-season Class A leagues: 1,298 from 1,388 in the Midwest League and 1,266 from 1,348 in the South Atlantic League.

Among the short-season Class A leagues, home runs rose 5% in the New York-Penn League (500 from 475) and fell 19% in the Northwest League (348 from 432).

At rookie ball, homers rose 7% in the Appalachian League (547 from 510), 2% in the Pioneer League (518 from 506) and 25% in the Arizona League (620 from 402), and dropped 6% in the Gulf Coast League (393 from 416).
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:29 PM 09-05-2019
They should get rid of Christian family night too then, right?

I would much rather get rid of Bring you dog to the K nights. A bunch of gross smelly dogs don't need to watch baseball games.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:33 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

I would much rather get rid of Bring you dog to the K nights. A bunch of gross smelly dogs don't need to watch baseball games.
I'm very triggered because they don't have a Agnostic and Childless Night at the K. Furious.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:41 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Why? 85% or KC is Christian. 2% is gay. You’re not seriously making this comparison. I know you’re smarter.

A better question would be 2% gays while 5% agnostics get left out.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:51 PM 09-06-2019
Why? 85% or KC is Christian. 2% is gay. You’re not seriously making this comparison. I know you’re smarter.

It's not an issue about percentages, it's about sports teams being political and you making the claim that sports teams "can’t stop getting involved in politics". Pride night a the K is as political as Christian Family night at the K. If you don't the Royals being involved in one, then you shouldn't them being involved in the the other.
[Reply]
banecat 04:47 PM 09-06-2019

Kansas City isn't 85% anything. Not the city limits, and not the metro. I have to doubt that either Kansa or Missouri are 85% Christian. The last time that I read a stat, and it didn't specify if it was the city limits or the metro, was around fifty percent. I figured that it had to be the city at that time. And Greenwood isn't Lee's Summit
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:03 PM 09-06-2019
Why? 85% or KC is Christian.
So why do they need to have a special night, then, if the entire crowd every night of the year is overwhelmingly Christian?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:12 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
So why do they need to have a special night, then, if the entire crowd every night of the year is overwhelmingly Christian?
Don't they still have ladies night at the K? Not 85% but quite a damn lot.
[Reply]
Page 243 of 301
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Up