ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 28
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:05 PM 10-08-2020
I won't spoil it yet for you lot but that final episode was a great payoff and I think will make a lot of people happy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:27 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything but drop dead gorgeous? Not anywhere close to that in my eyes.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I had to look her up to see who she was. Butterface. Body is not horrible. As always, though, what one guy sees as attractive another may not see it at all. I love that system; there's something for everyone.
We had a discussion, right here, a month ago. Peek back a page. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:31 AM 10-09-2020
The flutter of punched holes from the 3-hole punch as improvised weapon. :-)

Where's my flag pin? :-)

'if you let the assholes steer, you're part of the problem.' - that's foundational to our current cultural divide. People who not only think their opposition is evil incarnate, but if they fail to gird for battle daily it's a personal moral failing to fight for your personal view of good and right.

No one on earth thought Kimoko was a goner off one neck snap.

Is Homelander cosplaying with Vito Corleone's cheek implants?

Credible lead ties Stormfront to Jeffrey Epstein death.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:38 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The flutter of punched holes from the 3-hole punch as improvised weapon. :-)

Where's my flag pin? :-)

'if you let the assholes steer, you're part of the problem.' - that's foundational to our current cultural divide. People who not only think their opposition is evil incarnate, but if they fail to gird for battle daily it's a personal moral failing to fight for your personal view of good and right.

No one on earth thought Kimoko was a goner off one neck snap.

Is Homelander cosplaying with Vito Corleone's cheek implants?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 08:29 AM 10-09-2020
The finale was amazing. I loved every second of it.

Btw, for those of you who watched the final episode and are curious about what Stormfront was saying near the end, here it is...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:13 PM 10-10-2020
Jensen Ackles

[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:26 PM 10-11-2020
Starr was such a tour de force in this that we started watching Banshee. Not dissapointed at all so far!
[Reply]
vailpass 07:35 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Starr was such a tour de force in this that we started watching Banshee. Not dissapointed at all so far!
Good call. Banshee blows the Boys out of the water. Job alone is better than any character on the Boys and Kai would fuck up Vought with ease.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 08:40 AM 10-12-2020
Here's the thing about the political aspects for me. I think this show tries to attack the extreme aspects. We are a divided country right now and social media is a big part of that. The line that keeps ringing in my head is from storm fronts first confrontation with Homeland

"you need the whole country to love you. I need 5 million that are fucking pissed"

They are pulling from the more extreme aspects of trump and his fear mongering but it's hard to say it's not true when i jump on YouTube and see an ad for trump telling me biden is going to destroy America by allowing Syrian refugees to increase bay 700%.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:20 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Here's the thing about the political aspects for me. I think this show tries to attack the extreme aspects. We are a divided country right now and social media is a big part of that. The line that keeps ringing in my head is from storm fronts first confrontation with Homeland

"you need the whole country to love you. I need 5 million that are ****ing pissed"

They are pulling from the more extreme aspects of trump and his fear mongering but it's hard to say it's not true when i jump on YouTube and see an ad for trump telling me biden is going to destroy America by allowing Syrian refugees to increase bay 700%.
The fact the show makes you think of any of that is the problem.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 07:38 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
The fact the show makes you think of any of that is the problem.
The show has always had the political undertone with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Last season was metoo and corporate power.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:45 PM 10-12-2020
Wait? It's over already? Only eight episodes?

I try to look at it like the old Star Trek; it would take on issues of the current time with a different spin so you didn't know you were being preached to.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:52 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Wait? It's over already? Only eight episodes?

I try to look at it like the old Star Trek; it would take on issues of the current time with a different spin so you didn't know you were being preached to.
Except the showrunner has already done interviews stating that he wanted to put White Supremacy and and White Nationalism on display. Also, I don't recall Roddenberry being so blatant about his politics in the 60's. Subtle, sure, but not blatant.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/features...wn-1234780075/

“That character is a legitimate Nazi who comes out of the Nazi party and who ages very slowly. And so that was the character I walked into the Season 2 writers’ room with. I felt, through that, we could say a lot of things I wanted to say about white nationalism and white supremacy, and really take aim,” creator and showrunner Eric Kripke tells Variety. “What we found was the modern face of hate — especially online and social media-driven hate — is actually quite attractive: It’s a lot of good-looking, young men and women who couch these really despicable notions in this branding of ‘We’re just free-thinkers’ and ‘We don’t fit in with the mainstream because we’re telling the truth.’ But it’s the same old s— that people have been pitching for thousands of years.”
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:39 AM 10-13-2020
I'm still enjoying it.

I was a huge dedicant of the comic series, which is one of the best stories I've ever read. It's different - because it's a different medium and things have to be different.

The political overtones are present, but were present in the comic series as well - so it doesn't jump out or surprise me (I'm also not a snowflake).

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:24 AM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Except the showrunner has already done interviews stating that he wanted to put White Supremacy and and White Nationalism on display. Also, I don't recall Roddenberry being so blatant about his politics in the 60's. Subtle, sure, but not blatant.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/features...wn-1234780075/

“That character is a legitimate Nazi who comes out of the Nazi party and who ages very slowly. And so that was the character I walked into the Season 2 writers’ room with. I felt, through that, we could say a lot of things I wanted to say about white nationalism and white supremacy, and really take aim,” creator and showrunner Eric Kripke tells Variety. “What we found was the modern face of hate — especially online and social media-driven hate — is actually quite attractive: It’s a lot of good-looking, young men and women who couch these really despicable notions in this branding of ‘We’re just free-thinkers’ and ‘We don’t fit in with the mainstream because we’re telling the truth.’ But it’s the same old s— that people have been pitching for thousands of years.”
So... It's a bad thing to have white supremists as bad guys?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 28
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up