ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 57
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
ChiefsFan4Life 10:38 PM 10-20-2006
Anyone watch this show?

I was bored and watched all three episodes that have been aired so far on OnDemand. I actually think the show is pretty damn good so far, I like the character a lot.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 04:36 PM 08-19-2013
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
I always thought she was due to the very first real conversation dexter and her had when she was in the lab. She was also the last person to see him. And the whole not knowing her past and she even side stepped it at the dinner. Did you see you how scooped the dinner out Of the bowl? I've been on to her creepy ass all season...lol. Clearly I could be wrong, but that sure was quick of her to get the brain piece don't ya think?
I thought this too. Maybe I'm overthnking it, but I've been suspicious of Vogal all season. I dunno, she just had that look on her face, like that we were supposed to think that she did it. Definitely looking forward to next week.
[Reply]
Carlota69 11:55 PM 08-19-2013
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
I thought this too. Maybe I'm overthnking it, but I've been suspicious of Vogal all season. I dunno, she just had that look on her face, like that we were supposed to think that she did it. Definitely looking forward to next week.
Just rewatched episode...the music playing when Dexter finds the kid is the crap Dr Vogel listened to. She's the bad guy...
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 11:59 PM 08-19-2013
Just rewatched episode...the music playing when Dexter finds the kid is the crap Dr Vogel listened to. She's the bad guy...
That just twists everything up. This entire season.

-> Dexter feels he needs Hannah back after finding Zach.
-> Debra starts going after Hannah again.
Oh man, here we go again.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 12:07 AM 08-20-2013
But really, Boy oh boy was that a good episode.

I can't wait to see what happens with Hannah staying or not. Finding out who really killed Cassie, and who in the hell took a piece out of Zach's head. Damn that was a creepy moment.

This next episode should be just as good as yesterday's, if not even better.
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:26 AM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
But really, Boy oh boy was that a good episode.

I can't wait to see what happens with Hannah staying or not. Finding out who really killed Cassie, and who in the hell took a piece out of Zach's head. Damn that was a creepy moment.

This next episode should be just as good as yesterday's, if not even better.
Another thought....Oliver, Cassie's BF is Vogels son and th Brain Surgeon. But Vogel is on on his shit...oh and she served them brains in that casserole. Old family recipe
???
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 01:53 AM 08-20-2013
Another thought....Oliver, Cassie's BF is Vogels son and th Brain Surgeon. But Vogel is on on his shit...oh and she served them brains in that casserole. Old family recipe
???
Yeah I read somewhere else that that guy might be Vogels son.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:29 AM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Spoiler!

BTW great episode this week can't wait for next week's
Fuck Netflix.

I'll be responding to this thread for the final season about 2 years after no one even gives a $3it...
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 03:32 AM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Fuck Netflix.

I'll be responding to this thread for the final season about 2 years after no one even gives a $3it...
The bay...
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 07:39 PM 08-21-2013
Showtime is also a good place to watch the show.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 09:22 PM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
Showtime is also a good place to watch the show.
Not when you live in Australia.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:55 AM 08-26-2013
I'm not sure I like where this season is going...

I'mma be pissed if Dexter quits killing for love. I won't like it if he moves to Argentina and keeps killing, but I won't hate it.

At this point, Dexter needs to die. I'm hoping it's to save Deb.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 09:11 PM 09-02-2013
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I'm not sure I like where this season is going...

I'mma be pissed if Dexter quits killing for love. I won't like it if he moves to Argentina and keeps killing, but I won't hate it.

At this point, Dexter needs to die. I'm hoping it's to save Deb.
I definitely seems like they're setting up the end.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:13 AM 09-09-2013
Hrm.... not sure how I feel about the way this is going. This reviewer precisely summed up my thoughts:

Originally Posted by :
For the second time in his life, Dexter Morgan lost a mother. A "Goodbye, Miami" to you, too, Evelyn Vogel, the Doctor Franken-Shrinker who created the internal operating system for the unfeeling terminator that our "heroic" serial killer has been for most of his life. She was slain by her biological son, Oliver (formerly Daniel), Dexter’s latest, last doppelganger and the measure of the monster he could have been: A child of tragedy, warped by neglect, who never benefited from rehabilitating love or a structuring moral “code,” who can now be nothing more than the small, sinister thing that he is, a furious sociopath with a gleeful love for slaughter. Dexter wanted to put this rabid runt down, and Vogel had (reluctantly) come to see and agree with the wisdom of this revolting mercy: Watching the video Oliver had made of braining Dexter-wannabe Zach, Vogel realized her very bad boy was beyond correction. But Oliver was immediately suspicious of the tea party trap they had set for him. (Was it the creepy-odd Natural Born Killers mood-lighting of Evelyn’s sitting room? So strange.) “The Brain Surgeon” murdered Vogel right in front of Dexter in a staged moment that cast Dexter in the role of voyeur at the lewdest of peep shows -- as well as his younger self. Once again, Dexter was forced again to watch a madman destroy his mother with a showy, gory, psychically violating violence. Arriving at Vogel’s house on the canal, Dexter was stopped in his tracks in the yard by a phone call from Oliver, who threw open the curtain of the living room window with a flourish. Dexter saw Vogel standing behind the glass, looking defeated, hopeless, alone. Then commenced the horror. “Mother chose the wrong son,” said Oliver, a reference to Vogel’s treachery, and also, for us, an allusion to Dexter’s biological bro, who was also at ground zero of The Shipping Yard Massacre, and who, like Oliver, grew up Harry-less, codeless, and Ice Cream Truck deviant. With Dexter ogling, Oliver dragged a knife across Evelyn’s throat. It was deep cut. You could practically hear the rrrrrrrrrip. Dexter screamed and kicked down the door and held Vogel in his arms as she gurgled, choked, and booted. Oliver? Escaped; gone; in the wind.

And so, unintentionally, Dr. Vogel fulfills her redemptive function in Dexter's last story: Facilitating some healing regression therapy. Her death allows the adult Dexter to experience anew an analogous version of the childhood event that has defined his entire life. Dex can now respond in two ways: He can choose to be the Dexter he has always been; or he can choose to be something different, maybe something better. Either way, Adult Dexter can choose who he wants to be, rather than having a persona imprinted upon him by the adults in his life. Surely all of this will be settled once Dexter gets Oliver tethered to his kill table. If Dexter puts him through the ritual, Dexter is reinforcing Dirty Harry-Vogel Dexter. If Dexter spares him, Dexter is cleaning his slate, choosing to become a new creation of his own design. We shall see. And soon. Only two episodes left.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 PM 09-10-2013

[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 12:19 AM 09-11-2013
Just let it go, Dexter, jeez.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 57
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up