Coming in December.

Whoopee Goldberg? Why?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:13 PM 10-09-2020

[Reply]
Frazod 02:15 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Whoopee Goldberg? Why?
I get you, but she's perfect for that part.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:13 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I get you, but she's perfect for that part.
Id rather it was Morgan Freeman.

Honestly though, every time I read the book I saw Mother Abigail as much older, frailer, wiser, than Guinan.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:09 PM 10-09-2020
It's been 25 years since Star Trek TNG, she's aged a bit. lol

For some reason that trailer just looks meh. I was intrigued by the teaser, but something about the trailer just feels off. I'll still watch though.

EDIT:
Oh, wait. All Access only? Nah, I'll wait until it hits CBS reruns.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:15 AM 10-12-2020
Interesting. The Stand is my favorite King book.

I'll watch it at some point.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:59 PM 10-12-2020
I've been anxiously awaiting this - since the last 4 part miniseries. It was, at best, all right..

Hoping this rendition will be much better........
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:14 PM 10-12-2020
The last time I read it was probably late 80's\Early 90's. I remember the TV miniseries...it was OK I guess.

I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Cicily Tyson fits the idea of Mother Abigail better in my mind. Plus I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Though I did enjoy Sister Act...

The long trailer didn't excite me, but it might be worth a watch. Wife won't, she hates Stephen King type stuff, so I'll probably never see it anyway.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:40 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
The last time I read it was probably late 80's\Early 90's. I remember the TV miniseries...it was OK I guess.

I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Cicily Tyson fits the idea of Mother Abigail better in my mind. Plus I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Though I did enjoy Sister Act...

The long trailer didn't excite me, but it might be worth a watch. Wife won't, she hates Stephen King type stuff, so I'll probably never see it anyway.

I was siting in my office one day and noticed that one of my agents had left a copy of the Stand in the Office. This was either '77 or '78 (been so damned long I don't recall).

Anyway, I happened to pick it up and began doing a quick read of the 1st chapter. For the next 7-8 days I shirked my leadership duties (:-)) and kept my head buried in the damned book. I was hooked - as one might guess from my "Name De Plume" here.... :-)
[Reply]
Up