ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1409 of 3903
« First < 40990913091359139914051406140714081409 141014111412141314191459150919092409 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pants 11:16 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
People might be most infectious with the novel coronavirus before they show symptoms, according to a study published Wednesday.

The research, published in the journal Nature Medicine, adds to a growing body of evidence showing that seemingly-healthy people are spreading the virus.

“We observed the highest viral load in throat swabs at the time of symptom onset, and inferred that infectiousness peaked on or before symptom onset,” the researchers wrote.

They found that viral shedding – when people may be able to infect others – could begin two to three days before symptoms appeared. The amount of virus given off, though, appeared to decline after people began feeling sick.

Researchers warned that people may be spreading the virus before they show symptoms, public health interventions – such as contact tracing – will need to be adjusted.

Not only will investigators need to identify those who were exposed to symptomatic people, but they may also need to look retroactively – tracing contacts from when people still felt healthy.

“More inclusive criteria for contact tracing to capture potential transmission events 2 to 3 days before symptom onset should be urgently considered for effective control of the outbreak,” the researchers wrote.
This thing is so fucking scary.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:18 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
This thing is so fucking scary.
While true, just be glad that it actually has a relatively low fatality rate. If this was something as deadly as ebola, we'd be digging mass graves right now.

My hope is that this will force us to get our shit in gear so that we can better handle the next one.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:19 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
My downvotes are only from pete so hey!
take that, bitch!!! :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:22 AM 04-15-2020
You know.....I'm more scared now than I was when I just saw it was Vince..

JUST NOW: Adam Silver, Rob Manfred, Roger Goodell, Gary Bettman, Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, Dana White, and Vince McMahon are part of a large group that will help advise on how to restart the economy, President Trump says.

— Andy Slater (@AndySlater) April 14, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:24 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
What am I missing? How is Mecca's post political?
EVERYTHING is political I guess, excuse me for not checking the political affiliations of everyone I talk about or post about.
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Seems like posting a tweet from a person who is a well known political commentator/activist is the opposite of a "non-political COVID-19 discussion".
I'd say I'm more up to speed on politics than the average person. Recognize the "activists" on both sides.

I've never heard of her before. I thought it was funny too. Had no idea she was a conservative activist. I thought she was some "woke" NY liberal.

If I'm up to speed on a persons politics way more than the average person, how can I or we supposed to know what a persons political leanings are if the actual post is not political? That seems a high bar to clear.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:26 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'd say I'm more up to speed on politics than the average person. Recognize the "activists" on both sides.

I've never heard of her before. I thought it was funny too. Had no idea she was a conservative activist. I thought she was some "woke" NY liberal.

If I'm up to speed on a persons politics way more than the average person, how can I or we supposed to know what a persons political leanings are if the actual post is not political? That seems a high bar to clear.
:-)

Of course you’d be more up to speed than most people on politics. Isn’t that the case with everything when it comes to you?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:26 AM 04-15-2020

I wonder what these CEO's of companies with billions to lose will recommend?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:30 AM 04-15-2020
Cuomo just ordered everyone to wear a mask for the most part
[Reply]
kgrund 11:31 AM 04-15-2020

I quite honestly do not get all of the concern is having with all of this. The President is trying to determine the best course of action to take in rebooting the economy taking the advice of health professionals and insight from leaders in key industries of the economy. Logistical considerations in all key industries is a key piece in all of this. A huge help in wading through this are leaders that know their industry and the issues they likely will face. What is so hard to grasp here? Are you suggesting that we just let Fauci call all of the shots or have Trump make industry wide decisions without input? It is only prudent to get input from leaders in impacted areas. Yes even Sports.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:38 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I quite honestly do not get all of the concern is having with all of this. The President is trying to determine the best course of action to take in rebooting the economy taking the advice of health professionals and insight from leaders in key industries of the economy. Logistical considerations in all key industries is a key piece in all of this. A huge help in wading through this are leaders that know their industry and the issues they likely will face. What is so hard to grasp here? Are you suggesting that we just let Fauci call all of the shots or have Trump make industry wide decisions without input? It is only prudent to get input from leaders in impacted areas. Yes even Sports.
What I've read in articles and seen on TV from the non-partisan scholars was the 10th amendment in the constitution clearly states that the individual states can decide for themselves.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:40 AM 04-15-2020

Looks like a great panel to me
[Reply]
kgrund 11:47 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What I've read in articles and seen on TV from the non-partisan scholars was the 10th amendment in the constitution clearly states that the individual states can decide for themselves.
I agree with the 10th amendment interpretation. However, I was not addressing that particular issue. The issue being discussed is about putting together a consortium of industry leaders together to discuss issues and concerns in their industries that will likely need to be considered before getting back to work. Obviously the decisions of state and local governments come into play as well. My comment was focused on the perceived notion that getting the input from Sports leagues about some of this is lunacy.
[Reply]
Pants 11:49 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While true, just be glad that it actually has a relatively low fatality rate. If this was something as deadly as ebola, we'd be digging mass graves right now.

My hope is that this will force us to get our shit in gear so that we can better handle the next one.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:52 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
My comment was focused on the perceived notion that getting the input from Sports leagues about some of this is lunacy.
There is am inert bias by the leagues to open. All of them are struggling(besides the NFL). No human being could be unbiased when your company is hemorrhaging money.

That said, sports are an important part of us returning to normal. Baseball and football after 9/11 was a big part to kick start society to view this new reality as a "new normal". Whatever comes next will be the 2020 "new normal".
[Reply]
TLO 11:54 AM 04-15-2020
Gov Parsons says Missouri is just at the beginning of the outbreak, and expects things to get worse. Possibly looking better by the end of June.

He also says they'll start opening up portions of the state a little at a time.

Yay
[Reply]
Page 1409 of 3903
« First < 40990913091359139914051406140714081409 141014111412141314191459150919092409 > Last »
Up