ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 663
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179579 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Shogun 07:34 PM 02-07-2011
You guys forget that Shogun has the best Ground game in the ENTIRE division. If you watched him fight over in PRIDE or VTB he loves being on the ground, his sweeps are brutal, he can be mounted and in a second he is on top. He will not get subbed. He will submit Jones if he wants to get into a grappling match.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 08:04 PM 02-07-2011
I just finished watching the UFC card. That Kick by Silva was bad ass. And good luck to Jones I don't know if he is ready but I sure like his style.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 08:31 PM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Shogun:
You guys forget that Shogun has the best Ground game in the ENTIRE division. If you watched him fight over in PRIDE or VTB he loves being on the ground, his sweeps are brutal, he can be mounted and in a second he is on top. He will not get subbed. He will submit Jones if he wants to get into a grappling match.
Bingo.

This is the thing. When a guy like Jones wins his first big fight, everyone is on his crotch.

I think that Jones will be a great fighter one day. But Shogun should walk through him.

Could I be wrong? Sure.

I doubt I am tho.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 08:27 AM 02-08-2011
Rashad vs Silva

What do you think?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:06 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
Rashad vs Silva

What do you think?
ehh...the GSP/Silva fight will happen before that would.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:11 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
Rashad vs Silva

What do you think?
Rashad would have a shot, but that might be the most boring fight in UFC Main Event history.
[Reply]
Brock 10:16 AM 02-08-2011
Silva would kill that dude.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:22 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by Brock:
Silva would kill that dude.
Rashad's has great speed and great take downs. I can see him laying and praying out a five round decision similar to Sonnen.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:25 AM 02-08-2011
Silva looks much, much larger than GSP to me. I really like GSP but I don't know if he could handle a fighter as big as Silva.
[Reply]
The Poz 10:37 AM 02-08-2011
I too am a big GSP fan but a fight against Silva may not be a wise decision. If GSP took a kick like the one Vitor took he'd still be sleeping.
I suppose if he schools Shields he may not have much choice. Just don't think he can get through 2 rounds with Silva.
[Reply]
thecoffeeguy 11:53 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Right. Jerm doesn't watch MMA that much because if he did, he'd know better. Shogun is a brutal stand up guy. If anything, Jones only chance is to get it to the ground and sub Shogun. Because I don't see him knocking Shogun out.
You know, Shogun fought Overeem twice and beat him twice, by a KO and TKO. Overeem is a pretty big guy, in the mold of a Jones. Jones has a 84 inch reach and Overeem has like 82 inch reach. That being said, Shogun has fought a guy in a mold like Jones.

As others have said, no way does Jones outstrike Shogun. he will get annihilated if he tries.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:57 AM 02-08-2011
Question for all of you picking Shogun? Is there another fighter besides Shogun at 205 that you would pick to beat Jones right now?
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:40 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy:
You know, Shogun fought Overeem twice and beat him twice, by a KO and TKO. Overeem is a pretty big guy, in the mold of a Jones. Jones has a 84 inch reach and Overeem has like 82 inch reach. That being said, Shogun has fought a guy in a mold like Jones.

As others have said, no way does Jones outstrike Shogun. he will get annihilated if he tries.
I appreciate everyone's opinion but I hardly compare Jones to Overrate. That horse eating roid pumping douche has lost to most of the top guys he's fought. He may be able to plow through Brett Rogers or Andrei Orlavsky but that's not much of a measuring stick.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:43 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Question for all of you picking Shogun? Is there another fighter besides Shogun at 205 that you would pick to beat Jones right now?
That's pretty darn subjective, but he's obviously a guy that can't be out wrestled. He has good submission skills and his striking is on the rise. He would have the toughest time with a good striker that has great takedown defense. This may not be a popular opinion but if he fought Machida he'd probably get a decision loss.
[Reply]
Pants 12:45 PM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I appreciate everyone's opinion but I hardly compare Jones to Overrate. That horse eating roid pumping douche has lost to most of the top guys he's fought. He may be able to plow through Brett Rogers or Andrei Orlavsky but that's not much of a measuring stick.
Remember the skinny Overeem in Pride? Dude has some mean chokes in him.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 663
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179579 > Last »
Up