ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 205
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
dirk digler 09:43 PM 03-08-2012
stupid shot by Anderson but lucky they got the rebound.
DaKCMan AP 07:55 AM 03-10-2012
Cleveland beat OKC last night meaning Miami is now 1.5 back from Chicago and 0.5 behind OKC for #1 overall seed. :-)
okcchief 09:38 AM 03-10-2012
I missed the game last night, but I assume we tried to sleep walk to a win. You can't do that shit in the NBA.

I'm happy where we are at without Thabo and Maynor. Thabo will be back soon and hopefully we'll make a deadline deal for a backup PG.

Dallas appears to be on a mega slide right now. Of course they had 9 games in 12 days.
RealSNR 04:52 PM 03-10-2012
Rubio's out for the year.

So before that happened, KU lost in the conference tournament and all the Manning news coming out was about Denver.

Shitty ass fucking weekend in sports for me. "How can it possibly get worse?" I asked myself.

Fuck. :-)

Originally Posted by :
HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – Ricky Rubio‘s celebrated rookie season is over, according to a report in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The Timberwolves’ point guard has a torn ligament in his left knee that will cost him the remainder of this season and possibly the Olympic games this summer in London.

This is devastating news for the Timberwolves, who are chasing a playoff spot for the first time in years behind the play of All-Star power forward Kevin Love and under the tutelage of first-year head coach Rick Adelman.
Rubio went down in the final seconds of Friday night’s loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, his knee buckling before he collided with Kobe Bryant. The fear Friday night was that it was a potential season-ending injury. Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune confirmed those fears this afternoon:

Just when the franchise finally had reversed four long, losing seasons by surpassing .500 to become a playoff contender for the first time since 2004, Rubio was injured late in Friday’s home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Rehabilitation time for such an injury usually is six to nine months, which means Rubio also likely will miss playing for Spain in the London Summer Olympics that begin in July.

On Thursday, the NBA introduced a commercial on its TNT doubleheader promoting Rubio’s passion, “unbridled joy” and ability to see things before they happen, which is why the commercial’s tag line is, “So he already knows El Futuro Es Big.” That, btw, means The Future is Big.

On Friday, Rubio fell to the floor clutching his left knee and shin after he went to help defend Lakers star Kobe Bryant. He planted to his left foot in an attempt to block Bryant’s path with the ball and his knee appeared to buckle just before he collided with Bryant.

He was called for a foul on the play, an infraction that sent Bryant to the free-throw line for the eventual game-winning free throws in a 105-102 victory.

The Wolves not only lost the game on the play, they lost their starting point guard and a player who finally, after all these years, has made them internationally relevant again.

Rubio was helped to the bench, where he held his hand over his eyes while the team’s athletic trainer probed Rubio’s knee with his hands.

He tried to walk during an ensuing timeout, but only made it a few steps before the knee gave out on him and he was helped back to the bench. Teammates helped him to the locker room at the game’s conclusion and he later left the arena walking with the help of a friend.

As of Friday night, Rubio and fellow rookie Derrick Williams were the only Timberwolves who had played in all 41 games this season.

The Timberwolves have point guard depth, with Luke Ridnour and J.J. Barea on the roster. But Ridnour has been rumored to be on the trading block, with Thursday’s deadline looming, and Barea hasn’t ever been a full-time starter.

Losing Rubio leaves a gaping hole in the backcourt for the Timberwolves and robs them of their young floor leader and one of the most exciting players in the league.

RealSNR 04:55 PM 03-10-2012
We were shooting for something as high as the 7th seed in the playoffs. I know Rubio was shooting like crap, but we're such a totally different team with him on the court. Without him, I have no idea how this will affect us. I'm anticipating for the worst, though. All the speed and energy that the Wolves were playing with on offense AND defense is going to get turned down several notches with this injury.
okcchief 05:12 PM 03-10-2012
Originally Posted by SNR:
Rubio's out for the year.

So before that happened, KU lost in the conference tournament and all the Manning news coming out was about Denver.

Shitty ass ****ing weekend in sports for me. "How can it possibly get worse?" I asked myself.

****. :-)
That really sucks!

I was looking forward to watching him play in a few weeks.

It was a shitty sports day for me as well, but you definately win.
DaKCMan AP 09:08 PM 03-10-2012
Bron just nailed a 3 to tie the game with 10secs left, but he's "afraid" to take the last shot. :-)
DaKCMan AP 09:24 PM 03-10-2012
Wade gets fouled, it isn't called, and he nails it anyway with 0.1secs left in OT for the HEAT WIN!

:-)
Hammock Parties 10:48 PM 03-10-2012
Stick a fork in the Mavs.

Bunch of old geezers that need to be sent to the glue factory.
okcchief 10:53 PM 03-10-2012
Originally Posted by Satanic Goat:

I really hope they don't get the 8 seed. We match up like shit against them for whatever reason. I'm more scared of Dallas and SA than anyone.
Hammock Parties 10:55 PM 03-10-2012
Why?

They just look older and slower as the year goes on.

They might limp into the playoffs and get swept.
okcchief 10:59 PM 03-10-2012
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Wade gets fouled, it isn't called, and he nails it anyway with 0.1secs left in OT for the HEAT WIN!

:-)
You get your best players the ball in clutch time and you win. It's amazing. I can't wait to see the highlights to see if they were the right basketball plays :-)
ChiefsCountry 11:02 PM 03-10-2012

Wait till next year when Howard and Williams sign.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hammock Parties 11:02 PM 03-10-2012
The funniest part about Wade's GW shot was Lebron standing in the corner with his hands out like he was waiting for the ball.

As if.
okcchief 11:02 PM 03-10-2012
Why?

They just look older and slower as the year goes on.

They might limp into the playoffs and get swept.
9 games in 12 days. It's to no ones surprise they look like shit right now. I'm not saying they are a threat to win it all, but they are a shitty matchup for us. They will be more capable of winning a series than most teams at the bottom.
Page 91 of 205
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up