ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Hall of Classics>An open apology
AmericanHero 02:57 PM 03-03-2003
I apologize. For everything.

I have clearly misunderstood how seriously some people take this stuff.

To me, this was harmless fun, an exchange of insults among fans of different teams. We don't know each other and these are just words typed on a message board. I didn't intend to hurt anyone.

But now I have been hurt. Badly. My employment status has been affected.

So I am sorry. I truly didn't mean for it to come to this.
[Reply]
Over-Head 05:55 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by EBOLA

so is it alright to start calling you phucking canuck???

-EBOLA- :-)... j/k
Well actually to call a "spade a spade"..A canuck is more somone from Upper Canada..IE: Ontairo/Manitoba...then we got our "prarie dog's from Sask/ALbt...and left coasters from B.ring C.ash..
the maritimes NS/PEI/and NB are "Maritimers"..while t floks over here in Newfoundland are more commonly called "Newfi's":-)

Call me anything ya want actually...I don't give a flying rusty Fug!..
And I must say,,,,I do love the origionality in here...Hell in teh last 2 years I've been called stuff I had to look up in the dictionary:-)

And just as a side note...I know of late my posts may seem to be trending towards "suck up mode"..In all actualyity it's just that I've finally realised that if ya can't take a joke and make fun of yer self...then it's time to go get a life:-)
[Reply]
Ebolapox 06:04 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by OVER-HEAD

Well actually to call a "spade a spade"..A canuck is more somone from Upper Canada..IE: Ontairo/Manitoba...then we got our "prarie dog's from Sask/ALbt...and left coasters from B.ring C.ash..
the maritimes NS/PEI/and NB are "Maritimers"..while t floks over here in Newfoundland are more commonly called "Newfi's":-)

Call me anything ya want actually...I don't give a flying rusty Fug!..
And I must say,,,,I do love the origionality in here...Hell in teh last 2 years I've been called stuff I had to look up in the dictionary:-)

And just as a side note...I know of late my posts may seem to be trending towards "suck up mode"..In all actualyity it's just that I've finally realised that if ya can't take a joke and make fun of yer self...then it's time to go get a life:-)
note to canuckman... you post on a chiefs board as a raider fan... we chiefs fans don't have enough of a life, therefore, you have even less of one :-)

-EBOLA-...have a nice day :-)
[Reply]
conjureman 07:07 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by frazod

I have no problem with beating some smug east coast prick down. It is a moral imperative... :-)

But messing with his job, that's just wrong. That crossed the line.

define "east coast" fraz--simma down na! fwiw-hows about one of you old timers giving us a poll on the top four or five best "battles" in the planet's history-would help some of us newbies see where some of the major smaque talkers established their rep--beginning with "Danny Boy" from philly??????????????? :-)
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:24 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by AmericanHero
I apologize. For everything.

I have clearly misunderstood how seriously some people take this stuff.

To me, this was harmless fun, an exchange of insults among fans of different teams. We don't know each other and these are just words typed on a message board. I didn't intend to hurt anyone.

But now I have been hurt. Badly. My employment status has been affected.

So I am sorry. I truly didn't mean for it to come to this.
Clearly a new low for the Planet. Costing a man his job because he laid out a few lame claims. I don't really care what he said...The Planet has over reacted. Very sad, very sad. Were any of you on your Company computer during this time. Maybe your bosses should know about that.......not from me of course.
[Reply]
Scaga 07:27 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by King_Chief_Fan

Clearly a new low for the Planet. Costing a man his job because he laid out a few lame claims. I don't really care what he said...The Planet has over reacted. Very sad, very sad. Were any of you on your Company computer during this time. Maybe your bosses should know about that.......not from me of course.
Phob said it didn't cost the guys his job, he just got his hand slapped a little. I personally didn't get involved in that mess yesterday, but as my kids would say... "He started it!"
[Reply]
KC Kings 07:47 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by conjureman

define "east coast" fraz--simma down na! fwiw-hows about one of you old timers giving us a poll on the top four or five best "battles" in the planet's history-would help some of us newbies see where some of the major smaque talkers established their rep--beginning with "Danny Boy" from philly??????????????? :-)
Sorry conjureman, but anything south of VA Beach, loses the "east coast" status and becomes the south.

I believe Fraz was referring to the loud mouthed, rude, uneducated, stuffy nosed pricks that make up the vocal minority of the New Jersey/ New York coastal area, and many of us group all pricks into the east coast genre to include Philly.
[Reply]
LVNHACK 08:01 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KC Kings

Sorry conjureman, but anything south of VA Beach, loses the "east coast" status and becomes the south.

I believe Fraz was referring to the loud mouthed, rude, uneducated, stuffy nosed pricks that make up the vocal minority of the New Jersey/ New York coastal area, and many of us group all pricks into the east coast genre to include Philly.

Including me and I'm from there......... Dude didn't lose his job........And probablly learned a life lesson......... It was quite a day and very funny if you were here :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
bkkcoh 08:04 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by LVNHACK

Including me and I'm from there......... Dude didn't lose his job........And probablly learned a life lesson......... It was quite a day and very funny if you were here :-) :-) :-)
They were relentless, I am sure he will be receiving all sorts of stuff from outing magazines and such.... If he didn't learn a lesson, he isn't very smart...
[Reply]
shakesthecat 08:21 AM 03-04-2003
I'm glad the guy didn't get fired, but having been here when this all went down, I don't feel sorry for his dumb ass one bit.

Definitely one of the most intertesting days the Planet has ever seen.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:25 AM 03-04-2003
Damn, I missed all the fun with Danny Boy. Something tells me this guy won't be trying to piss up a rope in the near future.:-)
[Reply]
Alton deFlat 08:41 AM 03-04-2003
As someone who does most of their posting from work (albeit cautiously), remind me not to piss anyone off. :-)
However, AH was making a complete ass of himself yesterday, until he got his wanker stepped on. It was pretty amazing to see it transpire.
[Reply]
Over-Head 09:04 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by EBOLA

note to canuckman... you post on a chiefs board as a raider fan... we chiefs fans don't have enough of a life, therefore, you have even less of one :-)

-EBOLA-...have a nice day :-)
Hell man..the EX took my life!...along with the car/house/bank account and so on and so forth...hell the bitch is still tryen' to rape me!..Just got a call from my laywer (who I really can't afford but is helping me out of a 25yr family friendship) Seem's there's a court case schedualed for Thursday...gee too bad I didn't know about it.Seems that they only need 4 days notice here now...Rotten fugger!...Would a been MUCHHHHH cheaper to take a hit on the bitch!!:-)
So yeah Ebola,,
I got even less of a life than you:-) :-)
[Reply]
ct 09:15 AM 03-04-2003
Just want to offer my props to phobia, for a very clear-headed handle of the issue!!!

Yesterday I was ready to bounce to offending Planetier. This morning I do not feel the same, and can see the wisdom of quietly letting this pass.

ct
well done sir!
[Reply]
conjureman 10:14 AM 03-04-2003
In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I say we offer "Danny Boy" a seat at the esteemed Chiefs Planet table! Now that he's learned some table manners, he could be a good addition--seems capable of some good clever smaque! Isn't that what makes the cp great? Contingent upon him changing his name from Hero (obviously a mis-nomer)...and ceasing posting during billable hours! What say you guys?? Extend the olive branch?:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 10:20 AM 03-04-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by OVER-HEAD

Hell man..the EX took my life!...along with the car/house/bank account and so on and so forth...hell the bitch is still tryen' to rape me!..Just got a call from my laywer (who I really can't afford but is helping me out of a 25yr family friendship) Seem's there's a court case schedualed for Thursday...gee too bad I didn't know about it.Seems that they only need 4 days notice here now...Rotten fugger!...Would a been MUCHHHHH cheaper to take a hit on the bitch!!:-)
So yeah Ebola,,
I got even less of a life than you:-) :-)
I feel your pain brother.

Reminds of what my lawyer said one time.

Do you know why divorces are so expensive?

Because they are worth it.:-)
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up