ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 162
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:50 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Washington can run the ball...and Smith is their QB.

I had this as a potential sleeper upset even before the injury/scheduling...

It'll be interesting to hear Simms on this match-up prediction.
Smith is a fantastic comeback story. He is not, however, a fantastic QB in 2020.

Originally Posted by :
Among quarterbacks with at least one start, Smith is 33rd in passer rating, 34th in adjusted net yards per attempt, 43rd in touchdown rate, and 34th in interception rate.

Smith also seems incapable of throwing the ball deep. His average target is 5.2 yards downfield, the lowest of any quarterback to start a game in 2020.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1...ck-player-year
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:50 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I agree, I don’t think those teams are the next best, but I think you’ve gotta win a shootout to beat the Chiefs when that whole offense is healthy which Wilson and Rodgers give you a shot at.

They aren’t losing without giving up at least 34 probably.
One thing to consider that I think has been very prevalent this season as opposed to last year: It has always been discussed since last year that the "way" to beat the Chiefs is keep the O off the field, pound it out on the ground, and eat up clock while Pat watches (Which by the way has worked exactly 1 time - Colts last year).

this year, it seems to me that, at least in all the big games, it's the Chiefs that are dominating the time of possession, with long drives that have eaten the clock. It's almost as if there is a concerted effort to keep the O on the field and totally nullify the strategy of keeping the O off the field. Now, maybe some of that is somewhat dictated on how the D is playing them, and Pat taking underneath stuff. But when the O can just as easily score a TD off a 5-6-7 minute drive as opposed to a 2 min drive, well, I think that takes this team to a whole other level. Not only does the opposition have to match scores with the Chiefs, they are going to have to do it with 2-3 less possessions in a game.

Take the Bucs game....did anyone think that when the Chiefs got the ball with 4 minutes left up by 3, that the game would end with both (a) Bucs never seeing the ball again AND (b) Chiefs not scoring more points. I sure as hell didn't, but that drive really drove my thought deeper: This team can pretty much dictate pace in any game they play. Of course there will be outliers (Raider games, and probably another one somewhere), but when this team is focused, they are going to put a boatload of pressure on the opponents....
[Reply]
Basileus777 12:53 PM 12-03-2020
The theory is that shortening the game helps the lesser team by making the result more random, but this still requires the lesser team to out execute their opponent in those limited possessions.

The analytics says that time of possession just doesn't matter. It doesn't decide football games.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Smith is a fantastic comeback story. He is not, however, a fantastic QB in 2020.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/1...ck-player-year
He doesn’t have to be fantastic with that defense and running game. He just has to protect the football and make a few clutch throws here and there. He’s been doing that and he’s clearly better than Haskins and Allen.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:04 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The only team that can beat the Chiefs...is the Chiefs.

They still haven't put together a complete, focused game for 4 quarters.

I think as the stakes get higher, they're going to get more dialed in on both sides of the ball.

Barring injuries of course.
Their record says otherwise.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:07 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He doesn’t have to be fantastic with that defense and running game. He just has to protect the football and make a few clutch throws here and there. He’s been doing that and he’s clearly better than Haskins and Allen.
Pretty much this. Alex doesn't have to play out of his mind. He doesn't even have to play at the top of his own game. All he has to do is play within the offense and himself, not turn the ball over, and WSH has a better than even chance of beating PIT.

Basically play better than Daniel Jones.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:13 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
The theory is that shortening the game helps the lesser team by making the result more random, but this still requires the lesser team to out execute their opponent in those limited possessions.

The analytics says that time of possession just doesn't matter. It doesn't decide football games.
It's a logical fallacy created by 20 years of game managers, who's teams need every singe possible advantage to win football games more often than they lose them.

Thing is, Chiefs had 37 minutes TOP last game with 50 pass attempts. :-)

We'll take your stupid tropes even though we don't need them. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:22 PM 12-03-2020
Washington beating Pittsburgh isn’t THAT much of an upset, given how Pittsburgh looks and their injuries on defense with a short week.

Alex Smith, Antonio Gibson, and Terry McLaurin can pull it off.

Hell, if Kyle Orton, Jackie Battle, and Steve Breaston can beat prime Aaron Rodgers....
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:27 PM 12-03-2020
While it would be nice, Washington beating Pittsburgh also isn't that helpful for us as they will still retain first place with the conference record tiebreaker. We will still eventually need them to lose to a AFC team regardless.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:27 PM 12-03-2020
I love the positive thoughts, but Pitt is favored by 10.

I will be watching though, like yesterday. It was real unfortunate that the Ravens didn't score at the end of the half. That might have switched the game.
[Reply]
Spott 01:29 PM 12-03-2020
Alex couldn’t beat Pittsburgh when he was here so it’s a little tough to have much faith in him doing it with Washington.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:30 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's a logical fallacy created by 20 years of game managers, who's teams need every singe possible advantage to win football games more often than they lose them.

Thing is, Chiefs had 37 minutes TOP last game with 50 pass attempts. :-)

We'll take your stupid tropes even though we don't need them. :-)
It comes down to what you do on those first few possessions.

If KC is playing a team like Baltimore and we score TD's early and they punt or kick FG's their TOP won't mean jack as they fall behind. That's what KC's offense can do to knock teams out of game plan because the additional stress of keeping up with KC can break you.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:32 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
While it would be nice, Washington beating Pittsburgh also isn't that helpful for us as they will still retain first place with the conference record tiebreaker. We will still eventually need them to lose to a AFC team regardless.
You probably don’t even have to worry about a tie breaker if they lose 2-3 games.

Any loss is helpful.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:33 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
the additional stress of keeping up with KC can break you.
it fucking broke brady

two consecutive picks

the best defense is a good offense
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:35 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You probably don’t even have to worry about a tie breaker if they lose 2-3 games.

Any loss is helpful.
Definitely. They lose and the cracks may start to appear. The cheese gets binding.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 162
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Up