ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 162
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:50 AM 11-11-2020
Am I missing something here? Did we stick a fork in Mitchell Schwartz or something?

We didn’t? He could (and probably will) be back by the time we would play the squeelers in the AFC championship game?

Alrighty then. Good talk, RunKC. Good talk.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:52 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Am I missing something here? Did we stick a fork in Mitchell Schwartz or something?

We didn’t? He could (and probably will) be back by the time we would play the squeelers in the AFC championship game?

Alrighty then. Good talk, RunKC. Good talk.
It’s just a way for him to suck some Steelers dick and bump his thread. They’re are clearly his 2nd team this year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 11-11-2020
Schwartz has back problems

Back problems for guys that big are tough
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:53 AM 11-11-2020
Andy, if he's on his game, can basically scheme out a large chunk of that Steelers pass rush.

Make Bud Dupree, and TJ Watt cover. Personnel/Formation the shit out of them so that those two, or at least one must be responsible for someone. Spread them out, and make sure whoever is the hot read knows to be looking for the damn ball.

Mahomes ability to evade the rush and buy time will further help the o line.

Our special teams units should have a field day against them as well.

All the defense has to do is not go full 2018, and we beat them going away. Even if the game is in Pittsburgh. Dallas defense gave them all they wanted, and they're a dumpsterfire.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:58 AM 11-11-2020
I like the Raiders game example cause you know we're going to have lots of games where refs take 3 TDs off the board for us right?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:33 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Schwartz has back problems

Back problems for guys that big are tough

He won’t be ready to play by late January, even if he’s not quite his old self?

It’s likely he will play again this year. Happens all the time to big guys with back problems.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:35 AM 11-11-2020
Did i miss some sort of Schwartz injury news or something?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:59 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Did i miss some sort of Schwartz injury news or something?
I'm giving RunKC shit. I know he's saying hypothetically who would win or have the advantage if KC were to play Pittsburgh today.

But reality says that no, we shouldn't be afraid of Pittsburgh any more than the other good teams in the NFL. On the very specific matchup of their pass rush vs the right side of our OL, if we did play before Schwartz came back, and if that pass rush DID wreak horrendous havoc on us such that it gave us a loss, oh well. It's a regular season loss. And again... I know I know back problems, but I'd think we'd be hearing more about how Schwartz isn't going to be back for awhile from the training staff if it were debilitating. He'll likely play by the time we'd meet them in the playoffs (if it even came down to that).
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:05 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like the Raiders game example cause you know we're going to have lots of games where refs take 3 TDs off the board for us right?
I totally forgot about that in my earlier "analysis" lol.....
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:44 AM 11-11-2020
The Steelers are a great pressuring team, but they also do it by blitzing.

The Chiefs - and especially Mahomes - are deadly against the blitz. So it will be a strength-on-strength situation.

Or would the Steelers decide to sit back and try rushing just 3-4? Can they generate pressure in that situation? Can a team alter its identity that drastically and still be effective (and how do the corners hold up with a more deliberate rush?)

Can the Chiefs scheme around a Mitchell Schwartz absence? Can Fisher hold up 1x1 vs. Bud Dupree?

Of course, this all assumes they meet in the playoffs, which can only happen in the AFC title game. I don't think the Steelers make it there.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:13 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

The Chiefs - and especially Mahomes - are deadly against the blitz. So it will be a strength-on-strength situation.

Or would the Steelers decide to sit back and try rushing just 3-4? Can they generate pressure in that situation? Can a team alter its identity that drastically and still be effective (and how do the corners hold up with a more deliberate rush?)

Can the Chiefs scheme around a Mitchell Schwartz absence? Can Fisher hold up 1x1 vs. Bud Dupree?

Of course, this all assumes they meet in the playoffs, which can only happen in the AFC title game. I don't think the Steelers make it there.
SR just sent me a text:

WBF
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:17 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
SR just sent me a text:

WBF
?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Been saying this repeatedly for a couple of weeks now.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:55 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He could get injured at any time. He's not going to stop running around, even if the offensive line is good. That's part of his game.

Seriously, this is just silly.
Look, I'm not in the sky is falling group, but when the OL goes from a strength to a weakness something gives.

With a good OL he doesnt need to run around as much. With a weak OL, he is going to take more big hits.

No, this isnt silly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Look, I'm not in the sky is falling group, but when the OL goes from a strength to a weakness something gives.

With a good OL he doesnt need to run around as much. With a weak OL, he is going to take more big hits.

No, this isnt silly.
The offensive line was worse than this for a good portion of the middle of last year.

Furthermore, having a good offensive line isn't going to keep him from running around. He does that, it's part of his game. He's not going to stand in the pocket like ever. That's not Patrick Mahomes.

So yes, worrying about it is silly. It's a waste of time.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 162
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up