ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 833 of 1208
« First < 333733783823829830831832833 834835836837843883933 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 07:14 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I forgot about the chocolate. The recipe also called for a square of unsweetened chocolate.
It sounds very Moroccan now with all the ingredients.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:24 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
It sounds very Moroccan now with all the ingredients.
Does it? Hmmm...:-)

Only thing about Moroccan food I am familiar with is — tagine. I think of dishes made in one of those as having dried fruits, lemon and nuts. Always wanted a tagine pot. I made a tagine once with chicken and it was lemony. However, this recipe did call for some slivered almonds to top it off but I didn't have any on hand.

I've been experimenting with different ethnic dishes more lately. I have a bunch more I plan to try. The Russian meal was part of that. I get bored with the same fare all the time.
[Reply]
scho63 07:27 AM 09-12-2018
Does it? Hmmm...:-)

Only thing about Moroccan food I am familiar with is — tagine. I think of dishes made in one of those as having dried fruits, lemon and nuts. Always wanted a tagine pot. I made a tagine once with chicken and it was lemony. However, this recipe did call for some slivered almonds to top it off but I didn't have any on hand.

I've been experimenting with different ethnic dishes more lately. I have a bunch more I plan to try. The Russian meal was part of that. I get bored with the same fare all the time.
Moroccan dishes usually use only ONE fruit source, most often raisins and sometimes figs or dates.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:34 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
Moroccan dishes usually use only ONE fruit source, most often raisins and sometimes figs or dates.
Sounds delicious. I quite like a salad with figs, pears and goat cheese myself. I looked up Moroccan spices and did find cinnamon and nutmeg plus use of citrus as something they use. They also use cumin. Some of those spices are also used in other ethnic foods. MidEastern food also uses "sumac". I plan to order some before I make my Turkish manti dinner. I need some quests first.
And it will be quite an under taking as I have to make the pasta from scratch.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:43 AM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Making the most awesome French onion dip. Then doing a crockpot of pulled pork and beef chili for dinner. Cast iron corn bread. Summer sausage and cheese for snacking as well.

Good amount of vodka beforehand I'd guess. Might do a bloody ceasar.
I've forgotten that french onion dip existed, and I love it. I just don't have chips very often these days. That might have to go on my game day menu soon.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:09 PM 09-12-2018
Appetizer: Spanakopita or spinach pie

Salad: Authentic Greek salad ( Which is usually mostly cukes and tomatoes and herbs contrary to how it's served here)

Entree: Moussaka
Layers of eggplant and lamb/beef mix with onions, in a tomato sauce which has a touch of cinnamon, bay leaf, oregan, red wine and garlic; topped with a creamy Bechamel Sauce with some parmesean cheese in it.

Dessert: Baklava for dessert.

I cut too small a piece of Moussaka for my pic. Oh well!
Attached: SpanikopitaF2.png (299.0 KB) Greek SaladRSF.png (403.0 KB) Mousakka & RiceF2.png (366.2 KB) Mousakka.png (344.5 KB) BaklavaRS.png (359.1 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 04:22 PM 09-12-2018

Salad: Authentic Greek salad ( Which is usually mostly cukes and tomatoes and herbs contrary to how it's served here)

Layers of eggplant and lamb/beef mix with onions, in a tomato sauce which has a touch of cinnamon, bay leaf, oregan, red wine and garlic; topped with a creamy Bechamel Sauce with some parmesean cheese in it.

I'm damn impressed BEP! :-)
You can cook for me anytime. I'll bring the wine and dessert.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:31 PM 09-12-2018
Thank You scho.
[Reply]
Sorce 06:48 PM 09-14-2018
Home made fettuccine with alfredo. Topped with filet with a balsamic port reduction. And some broccoli on the side.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:39 PM 09-14-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Home made fettuccine with alfredo. Topped with filet with a balsamic port reduction. And some broccoli on the side.

Holy hell. I’m 99% sure that is what they serve in heaven.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:36 PM 09-14-2018
Greek Night
Love Greek food.

It takes organization, but isn't nearly as hard as it looks [unless you make phyllo from scratch].

A lot of it is very casserole/meatloaf-like, except with different spices.

Anything topped with Béchamel is delicious, be it Moussaka or Pastitsio.

I would put Greek salad on my short list if I had to narrow myself to only one food for the rest of my life. Feta and Kalamata, red onion and Roma tomato with hearts of Romaine.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:40 PM 09-14-2018

Well done. That's amazing looking all around.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:00 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:

Brocolli

Why bother?

Looks great. I love rare tenderloin.
[Reply]
Sorce 06:59 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Brocolli

Why bother?

Looks great. I love rare tenderloin.
[wife talk] something something vegetables [/wife talk]

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:05 PM 09-15-2018
We found some live clams at the store so clam chowder tonight. Twas excellent. No pics because soup is hard to photo.
[Reply]
Page 833 of 1208
« First < 333733783823829830831832833 834835836837843883933 > Last »
Up