ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Hall of Classics>Bwana One Punks Zero...Don't Even Think About Hitting My Leaf Pile!
Bwana 08:57 PM 10-21-2003
So there I was yesterday, gathering all the leaf product from the front and backyard. I had a nice big pile for the boys from the city to come and get and was rather proud of myself for getting it done early. I cracked a tasty beverage and was enjoying some TV when it happened. A car load of punks crashes through all my hard work and redistributes my nice pile all over the street.:-)

Me being me, I figured why get mad when I can get even? :-) I got my pile back in order and decided my new pile needed "a little weight" (to keep the wind from blowing them away :-)) I placed three giant logs and 5 steel posts in there. About 5 minutes ago the punks came back to take another run at Bwanas hard work.:-)

There was a God awful noise as their car hit my leaf pile from hell. Nothing like the sound of the underside of a vehicle making contact with steel and large wood logs.:-) It shot logs and steel posts about 40 feet. The punks kept going. I would bet thats the last time the little bastages mess with someones leaf pile.:-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:15 AM 10-22-2003
When I see that pic Bwana....I have to admit....when I was 17.....I'd probably have blasted through it too.
[Reply]
Chief Faithful 09:25 AM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by :
hollow one or two of them out, really thin.......mix up 2/3 bucket of my "tree planting mix"....cow dung and water stirred to a sludge and fill it up.
That gets me thinking. I also need to rig the yard for "farming".
[Reply]
RedNFeisty 09:35 AM 10-22-2003
That is to funny. Weren't you also the one that had problems in July and shot some funky chit over the hoodlums house?
[Reply]
tommykat 09:38 AM 10-22-2003
Now that is funny! Even if I tried to think of a way to get them back I never would have thought of that...but you all are giving me ideas :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 10:08 AM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by RednFeisty:
That is to funny. Weren't you also the one that had problems in July and shot some funky chit over the hoodlums house?
Indeed it was. I broke out the "bird bombs" to add a little excitement to their day after they were firing bottle rockets in my yard and over my house. On a side note, they have been the all American neighbor types since.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:12 AM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by Bwana:
So there I was yesterday, gathering all the leaf product from the front and backyard. I had a nice big pile for the boys from the city to come and get and was rather proud of myself for getting it done early. I cracked a tasty beverage and was enjoying some TV when it happened. A car load of punks crashes through all my hard work and redistributes my nice pile all over the street.:-)

Me being me, I figured why get mad when I can get even? :-) I got my pile back in order and decided my new pile needed "a little weight" (to keep the wind from blowing them away :-)) I placed three giant logs and 5 steel posts in there. About 5 minutes ago the punks came back to take another run at Bwanas hard work.:-)

There was a God awful noise as their car hit my leaf pile from hell. Nothing like the sound of the underside of a vehicle making contact with steel and large wood logs.:-) It shot logs and steel posts about 40 feet. The punks kept going. I would bet thats the last time the little bastages mess with someones leaf pile.:-)
Whoo Hooo..... Kudos dude ! :-)
[Reply]
headsnap 10:23 AM 10-22-2003
our old house was on a skinny side street that many people would use as a short-cut into another neighborhood. I guess that many of the people thought that my yard was part of the street. :-) One day I went out and bought some of those concrete pyramids and put them in the yard(about 1/2 foot from the street, no curb).

Later that evening, mrs. headsnap and I were watching TV when we heard a loud prolonged ka-thunk-thunk-ka-thunk. We looked out our window to see two of the pryamids down the street and a Lincoln Continental speeding down the street. We laughed, gathered up the pryamids, and went back to watching TV. About two hours later there was a knock on our door. There stood this old codger who was steaming mad, and out on the street there was his Lincoln attached to a tow truck. One of the pryamids apparently punctured his gas tank, and he lost all his gas while he was playing bingo. :-)

He wanted me to pay for his gas tank. I 'explained' to him, that since he obviously was the one who thought my yard was the street, that he should be paying me for some new sod instead. He stopped by the house a few times in the next six months to give us the bill for his tank, all we could is stand there and laugh at the man. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 10:30 AM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by headsnap:
our old house was on a skinny side street that many people would use as a short-cut into another neighborhood. I guess that many of the people thought that my yard was part of the street. :-) One day I went out and bought some of those concrete pyramids and put them in the yard(about 1/2 foot from the street, no curb).

Later that evening, mrs. headsnap and I were watching TV when we heard a loud prolonged ka-thunk-thunk-ka-thunk. We looked out our window to see two of the pryamids down the street and a Lincoln Continental speeding down the street. We laughed, gathered up the pryamids, and went back to watching TV. About two hours later there was a knock on our door. There stood this old codger who was steaming mad, and out on the street there was his Lincoln attached to a tow truck. One of the pryamids apparently punctured his gas tank, and he lost all his gas while he was playing bingo. :-)

He wanted me to pay for his gas tank. I 'explained' to him, that since he obviously was the one who thought my yard was the street, that he should be paying me for some new sod instead. He stopped by the house a few times in the next six months to give us the bill for his tank, all we could is stand there and laugh at the man. :-)
That's classic!:-) I just planted a nice hedge row this summer and people seem to want to walk through it on a regular basis. :-) When it gets taller, I am going to string a single strand of wire through it with two posts anchoring it at each end. That should put and end to that story.
[Reply]
Carl Spackler 12:21 PM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by Capn BlingBling:
You should have dug a 6' deep pit and put a blanket over it, then piles the leaves over it, but I still like your style. Any ideas to stop pumpkin smashers?
Pumpkin smashers are easy. Just insert a bunch of needles in the pumpkin to make it somewhat of a modified cactus. Very hard to see those at night and when the little hoodlums go to take it off your porch there should be a pretty good scream which is very satisfying.:-)
[Reply]
Bwana 12:24 PM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler:
Pumpkin smashers are easy. Just insert a bunch of needles in the pumpkin to make it somewhat of a modified cactus. Very hard to see those at night and when the little hoodlums go to take it off your porch there should be a pretty good scream which is very satisfying.:-)
Carl, you are going to fit in around here just fine. :-)
[Reply]
RedNFeisty 12:32 PM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Indeed it was. I broke out the "bird bombs" to add a little excitement to their day after they were firing bottle rockets in my yard and over my house. On a side note, they have been the all American neighbor types since.
Bird Bombs, that was it. I knew it had something to do with bombs and some sort of animal!

Lesson taught, no harm done!!
[Reply]
Skip Towne 12:55 PM 10-22-2003
Bwana, you are the master of revenge. What a guy!
[Reply]
Iowanian 01:17 PM 10-22-2003
I was just thinking.....About the time brideowanian needs a new car, I'll park it on the street, cover it with leaves and let someone else buy her a new one.
[Reply]
Chief Henry 01:23 PM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by RednFeisty:
Bird Bombs, that was it. I knew it had something to do with bombs and some sort of animal!

Lesson taught, no harm done!!

Whats the bird bomb story???? Please some one post it..
Puuhhh-leeeze........
[Reply]
Bwana 01:53 PM 10-22-2003
Originally Posted by Chief Henry:
Whats the bird bomb story???? Please some one post it..
Puuhhh-leeeze........
It seems my meth monkey neighbors were being bad. FWIW: They have been great ever sense. Not so much as a peep. :-) Here's the link.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=bird+bombs
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up