« First < 45678
Media Center>Nintendo Announces Switch Console
BigBeauford 01:44 PM 10-20-2016
I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

[Reply]
dmahurin 02:47 PM 03-07-2017
Breathe of the Wild is absolutely amazing. It has the potential to be better than Ocarina. I never thought a game would come close to touching OoT.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:57 PM 03-07-2017
Regarding BotW.....so I'm only about 6 hrs. in as I'm playing slowly and methodically to take it all in...it's crazy how much it feels like I've done and seen already and I've barely dented the Great Plateau, let alone the entire game lol...

It's almost too daunting but in such a good way....the scope of this game continues to amaze me every time I pick it up. Something or someone new around every corner, this game has enveloped me like almost nothing before.

I can't even begin to imagine what I'll see and find as I put more hours in....
[Reply]
Jerm 03:11 PM 03-12-2017
This console and more importantly, Nintendo again, have taken over my gaming life.

The Switch is so well done and I'm obsessed with Zelda...Shovel Knight on the Switch is the best it's ever been and Snipperclips is a blast to play with my wife, daughter, and other family.

Binding of Isaac drops this week and I CANNOT wait to jump back into it..MK8 Deluxe is right around the corner too.

I haven't touched Horizon in days....Persona and Mass Effect, etc. are hitting soon....and I could really care less.

The Nintendo rabbit hole has captured me yet again.....
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 09:10 PM 03-12-2017
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Breathe of the Wild is absolutely amazing. It has the potential to be better than Ocarina. I never thought a game would come close to touching OoT.
Oot was one of my favorite games ever, and BoW is in another stratosphere. I'm playing it on the Wii U and it's simply outstanding, a true adventure in every way. I'm seriously considering turning off the hud and just getting lost. About 20 hours in currently.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:34 AM 06-02-2017
Well, I shit on this console for so long, then I finally got to try it. It's pretty great! I purchased one, and never realized that I needed Zelda, Mario Kart, and Puyo Puyo Tetris in bed! Build quality seems really good.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:44 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Well, I shit on this console for so long, then I finally got to try it. It's pretty great! I purchased one, and never realized that I needed Zelda, Mario Kart, and Puyo Puyo Tetris in bed! Build quality seems really good.
I'd say build quality is good considering they dropped one 1000 feet, and it survived unscathed and fully working except one joycon.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/31/15...itch-drop-test

Word of caution though. Apparently some have been reporting docks that are slightly warped, probably due to rush to get new stock out for sale. The problem lies in people who would shove the unit in to the dock and scraping or scratching up around the screen area.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:04 AM 09-16-2019
Had to bump this thread because goddamn.....I love this system.

I'm getting close to going Switch only route...I just don't have the time and the Switch fits my at home life so much better than either other console. I'm in love with it. I know I'd be missing out on games but I do already now and honestly, Nintendo's first/second party is the one I care about the most.

I'm enjoying Borderlands 3 and can't wait for Shadowkeep but beyond that if I'm being honest, there isn't much on the horizon that excites me much that isn't on Switch.

I already have such a backlog on this system alone...I'd be plenty busy lol.

In the Nintendo pantheon, NES is still my fav. but it's my def. #2 and by the end of it's lifetime it might very well be #1....

Just the perfect console for me at the perfect time...kept me in gaming in a lot of ways.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:06 AM 09-16-2019
Super Nintendo games were just recently released and Link's Awakening remake launches on Friday!
[Reply]
Jerm 11:14 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Super Nintendo games were just recently released and Link's Awakening remake launches on Friday!
Can't wait, never played the original so I'm hyped.

Breath of the Wild sequel on the horizon at some point too...can't wait to see what the next 3D Mario looks like as well.

Super Mario Maker 2 is frickin awesome, been playing a ton of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:05 PM 09-16-2019
Nice bump! I sold my PS4, and now go Switch + PC. Honestly only have my PC for Rocket League and WoW classic. So really just give me my Switch and board games, and I am pretty happy.

Mario Maker 2 is great, and they are bringing Super Mario 3D world to the switch as well!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:38 PM 08-12-2020
Been looking for one of these for the past few weeks. No luck. Anyone know where I can get one without some jacked up price?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:09 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Been looking for one of these for the past few weeks. No luck. Anyone know where I can get one without some jacked up price?
We’ve been looking too. About ready to give up.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:46 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Called my local target and found someone nice enough to give us a heads up when they restocked.

Went in when they said and got one no problem.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:17 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We’ve been looking too. About ready to give up.
Found one online at gamestop. Came prepacked with Mario kart Deluxe for $383 So priced about right with tax and shipping.
[Reply]
Chazno 07:59 PM 08-16-2020
There were 7 on the shelf at NFM in KCK at 5pm today.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up