Media Center>Nintendo Announces Switch Console
BigBeauford 01:44 PM 10-20-2016
I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:28 AM 01-13-2017
$299 for the console

$50 dollars for one Joycon(half a controller)

$80 for two joycons

$30 for the joycon grip charger($110 for a complete joycon controller)

$70 for the pro controller

$90 for a dock

Fuck this thing with a rusty fork. Nintendo has lost its God damn mind.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:28 AM 01-13-2017
Take my money.
NOW!
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:32 AM 01-13-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
$299 for the console

$80 for two joycons

$90 for a dock

My real concern is that as of right now it been reported the battery is not accessible or replaceable. That's a problem when console refresh cycles even on the low end are at least 5 years, and typically are closer to 8 .
[Reply]
Snica 10:24 AM 01-13-2017
$299 for the console

$80 for two joycons

$90 for a dock

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles...joy-con/141820

$299
SKU DETAILS
Nintendo Switch console
Nintendo Switch dock
Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R)
Two Joy-Con strap accessories
One Joy-Con grip
HDMI cable
Nintendo Switch AC adapter
[Reply]
NewChief 10:27 AM 01-13-2017
Originally Posted by Snica:
http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles...joy-con/141820

$299
SKU DETAILS
Nintendo Switch console
Nintendo Switch dock
Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R)
Two Joy-Con strap accessories
One Joy-Con grip
HDMI cable
Nintendo Switch AC adapter
Okay. That is much better. I also like that they've already published the replacement costs because with the portable nature of this, I worry about losing part or all of it. Also, our WiiU controller joystick is jacked up (sticks moving up sometimes), and I've not replaced it because it's really expensive. This is cheap in comparison if one of the joysticks malfunctions. Also hope that a Pro controller is totally interchangeable with the L/R Joy-cons, which it isn't in the WiiU thanks to some games requiring the screen of the WiiU.

My son's birthday is in October, which is pretty much perfect purchase time for me. Splatoon will be out by then and should be able to get a good read on user reactions on quality of console. Also will allow for him to have it a few months before purchasing Mario for Christmas.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:51 AM 01-13-2017
These prices are outrageous. Just came out the new Zelda game won't even run at 1080p which is just a Wii U port. Also the FIFA game is running off of PS3/Xbox360 tech, which doesn't bode well for 3rd party support.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:40 AM 01-13-2017
Eurogamer: Final version of Zelda BOTW will be 1080p 60fps at launch.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:28 PM 01-13-2017
Pre-ordered at GS this morning along with Zelda....can't wait.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:33 PM 01-13-2017
I haven't played much Zelda in....hell, a long time; but after watching the trailer for the new one coming out in March, methinks I might spend a little bit of extra pay I'll be getting here shortly on a Switch and Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:43 PM 01-13-2017
These prices are outrageous. Just came out the new Zelda game won't even run at 1080p which is just a Wii U port. Also the FIFA game is running off of PS3/Xbox360 tech, which doesn't bode well for 3rd party support.
I was under the impression that the new Zelda is not a Wii U title or a port, and only being released on Switch.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:50 PM 01-13-2017
I'm going to go and get it at midnight along with Zelda

Think imma scoop up the Switch with the Zelda design

Zelda Zelda Zelda
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:16 PM 01-13-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I was under the impression that the new Zelda is not a Wii U title or a port, and only being released on Switch.
Everything I've seen says it's still a go for Wii U. Also there is a big story brewing that the switch does not support voice/party chat, but is actually handled through a phone app. Absolutely ridiculous in 2017.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:24 AM 01-14-2017
There is a game where you milk cows using the pad things..Oh Nintendo. Mario and Zelda and what else ? I'd wait till Mario releases to see if any developers make games by fall.

This has to be Nintendo's last run at a console, if this fails let your games get on the other consoles
[Reply]
NewChief 12:35 AM 01-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
There is a game where you milk cows using the pad things..Oh Nintendo. Mario and Zelda and what else ? I'd wait till Mario releases to see if any developers make games by fall.

This has to be Nintendo's last run at a console, if this fails let your games get on the other consoles
Eh. Lots of debate on this. As a company, they're supposedly still doing well. Splatoon is fantastic. A new Xenoblade. Moving to a sub service that has monthly releases. Lots of JRPG noise as well. It should do well, even if it's mainly in Asian markets.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:51 AM 01-14-2017
Got mine preordered!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up