Media Center>Nintendo Announces Switch Console
BigBeauford 01:44 PM 10-20-2016
I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:55 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
If they didn't address this issue again after the Wii & WiiU, that is their own funeral.

From what I've heard, porting issues should be way less a problem. No one is going to expect they are neck and neck with the other 2, but the titles have to be available and in the same ballpark. Plenty of people would sacrifice some visual detail as long as popular titles are still released on the console in exchange for being able to also play all of Nintendo's original content.
What is up with Nintendo not modernizing the graphics on their consoles? It shouldn't be all that difficult to build a Nintendo console with all the quirks/bonuses and keep up with modern graphics capabilities.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:18 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
What is up with Nintendo not modernizing the graphics on their consoles? It shouldn't be all that difficult to build a Nintendo console with all the quirks/bonuses and keep up with modern graphics capabilities.
The Wii didn't anticipate the jump to consoles aiming closer to PC graphics, and it was a unique device that pushed how you interacted with games. It was less a direct competitor to MS or Sony.
The lack of hit titles available across other platforms due to the hardware was a handicap.

Nintendo foolishly dismissed that handicap and again Nintendo tried to introduce another novel new console. The WiiU was dead on launch because the features that it offered that were unique weren't going to compensate for the lesser hardware.

They don't have to be the most powerful machine, but it can't be a peashooter going up against machine guns.

If they have comparable specs to offer the same titles otherwise they have tons of console exclusives in their portfolio to be an attractive option.

Nintendo has a great cache of titles exclusive to them to draw in buyers. The key is getting more people who don't own multiple platforms to pick Nintendo and the less they have to make tradeoffs the easier it is for them to make their offering that more attractive and not feeling like a tradeoff outside of the exclusives every platform has which Nintendo has probably the greatest offering.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:51 PM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You don't need 4k resolution and HDR to have a fun game. Nintendo does it with fantastic art.

I think their best move would of been to pare down a system and put out a very affordable, family friendly console with a line up of fun games.

They force gimmicks that jack up the console cost and impairs their ability to get significant 3rd party support.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:04 PM 10-24-2016
Rumor is the console will cost 250.

I think 299 is more reasonable if it has Xb1 power.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:08 PM 10-24-2016
They don't even know exactly what they're going to pack in with the console, so trying to peg down a price is premature.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:25 PM 10-24-2016
If they didn't address this issue again after the Wii & WiiU, that is their own funeral.

From what I've heard, porting issues should be way less a problem. No one is going to expect they are neck and neck with the other 2, but the titles have to be available and in the same ballpark. Plenty of people would sacrifice some visual detail as long as popular titles are still released on the console in exchange for being able to also play all of Nintendo's original content.
This is true now. But doesn't ps4 updated version come out this year and xbox next year? This will give 3rd party more power to play with and further the gap between Nintendo.

Again Nintendo will have to rely mostly on their first party games. Price point could help them if they started at 250.

Personally they should ditch consoles after this one. Sign a deal with Microsoft. All Nintendo products on xbox, all Microsoft on gameboy.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:18 PM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by Valiant:
This is true now. But doesn't ps4 updated version come out this year and xbox next year? This will give 3rd party more power to play with and further the gap between Nintendo.

Again Nintendo will have to rely mostly on their first party games. Price point could help them if they started at 250.

Personally they should ditch consoles after this one. Sign a deal with Microsoft. All Nintendo products on xbox, all Microsoft on gameboy.
Psvr and scorpio are going to be like gamer laptops for consoles. Well, scorpio is shaping up to be an ultra premium with rumor that the price will be north of $600.

PSVR reviews are already underwhelming and competing VR setups cheaper and better implementation.

If Nintendo can do upscaled 4k, that will satisfy 95% of console buyers for this generation.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:20 AM 10-25-2016
Looks cool, but like the Wii, and WiiU, I would buy it and then it would sit in cabinet collecting dust. My kids seem to like them for a short time, then lose interest. I'm sure for some being able to travel with it is nice, but that wouldn't be something I would ever use.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:41 PM 10-25-2016
Psvr and scorpio are going to be like gamer laptops for consoles. Well, scorpio is shaping up to be an ultra premium with rumor that the price will be north of $600.

PSVR reviews are already underwhelming and competing VR setups cheaper and better implementation.

If Nintendo can do upscaled 4k, that will satisfy 95% of console buyers for this generation.
Yeah there's no way in hell that's happening.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:13 PM 10-25-2016
Just give me a new Zelda and Metroid and I'll buy.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:13 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Valiant:

its really not going to give them more power to play with. All PS4 games have to work on both systems. The graphics will be a slight upgrade, but in all honesty, if you are going to get the upgraded ps4, you might as well just buy a fucking gaming computer and enjoy the great games the PC has that consoles dont and keep your ps4 for the exclusives.

The Switch is going to be on par with the 2 other system. Whats going to separate nintendo is their handhand division is still going to be there and all them great handheld games that nintendo uses is going to be pushed onto 1 machine.

Anyways, Nintendo has stated that they have more stuff up their sleeves regarding the switch. just sit back and see what happens. For me just having zelda on the damn thing is good enough for me to buy it. The new Zelda game looks so fucking awesome.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:14 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah there's no way in hell that's happening.
and it doesnt need to happen, about 1 percent of all gamers even care about ****ing 4k gaming. I PC game alot and i could give a fuck about it all i care is that my framerates in games hits at least 60. after that im good.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:29 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
and it doesnt need to happen, about 1 percent of all gamers even care about ****ing 4k gaming. I PC game alot and i could give a **** about it all i care is that my framerates in games hits at least 60. after that im good.

Settings and framerate>Resolution

Resolution will ruin the future of console graphics.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:36 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Settings and framerate>Resolution

Resolution will ruin the future of console graphics.
Or processors will catch up.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:03 AM 10-27-2016
Or processors will catch up.

They constantly will be chasing higher res.

Higher settings will be sacrificed for resolution in the future.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up