ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 46
« First < 344041424344 4546 >
Hall of Classics>So I was kicked out of my own fantasy entity ...
Hootie 02:21 AM 10-25-2015
Made 90 great lineups this week, too ...

But, alas, was kicked out, $100 stolen, and have no idea why ....

Thread gets deleted ...

But the group doesn't realize ... Password change or not, I'm still logged in via phone app. That's right.

They let me do 6 hours worth of lineups today before, out of nowhere, I'm banned. Whatever. Right?

Hmm. Steal my $100 ..
alnorth 03:57 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just to clarify since certain people don't seem to understand.

There really isn't anyone complaining about losing $ in this. This whole thing was gone into for fun and to see what might happen if we put our collective thoughts into it.

Hootie got booted from being an admin in that group for several reasons.

He failed to play by the rules and he didn't take anyone's input. Well that and he was a giant douche. Even more so than usual if you can believe it.

It has little to nothing to do with $. We still have $ to play with and will do so without his input and have fun which was the point.
Yeah, the losses are a sunk cost at this point. It sounds like this may be the first week where you can try to fulfill the original purpose of the group, so you should look at whatever you have now as the real starting point and see where your group can go from there.
sedated 04:00 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Cochise:
If you want to be chum in the water for the sharks and that's fun for you, great.

If Hootie or any of the CP gambling gurus (kind of rings in your ears like "CP draft gurus" or "CP QB gurus") really knew how to beat the market in this game, they wouldn't need 50 people staking them.

They'd be like the pros, working alone, working 24 hours on it, developing their own software around it, and not splitting their profits 50 ways.
Obviously I didn't participate because I think those sites are a scam, but to play devil's advocate:

The idea was just as much about time as it was money. The sharks have all the time in the world to analyst data and enter an insane amount of lineups. The people here have 1) jobs and 2) a CP addiction taking up their days. Its kind of like the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and George team up to run the errands of a high-maintenance woman - neither had the time to get it all done on their own, but it was reasonable when working together.

You can't fault people for trying something seeing as how it didn't clear anyone out. I doubt anyone was going to quit their job and pony up thousands of dollars to try it.
alnorth 04:00 PM 10-26-2015
If you want to be chum in the water for the sharks and that's fun for you, great.

If Hootie or any of the CP gambling gurus (kind of rings in your ears like "CP draft gurus" or "CP QB gurus") really knew how to beat the market in this game, they wouldn't need 50 people staking them.

They'd be like the pros, working alone, working 24 hours on it, developing their own software around it, and not splitting their profits 50 ways.
Its not a binary thing where you either are the math genius with propriety software, or you are the lone dope turning in 2 lineups.

There is a ton of dumb money in these sites, maybe their group won't be the biggest sharks, but maybe they can be smarter than most of the fish and do better than break even.
TimeForWasp 04:07 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Its not a binary thing where you either are the math genius with propriety software, or you are the lone dope turning in 2 lineups.

There is a ton of dumb money in these sites, maybe their group won't be the biggest sharks, but maybe they can be smarter than most of the fish and do better than break even.
I'm sure we will be happy if we just make some of the money back and have a good time till the rest of the season and if somewhere along the way we hit a decent pot, we will be ecstatic.

I'll just be happy if we can make the whole season and learn how to do this.

I just wish I could see the process during the games as being in Montana, I can't log in and watch so I have to kind of imagine how it's working.
Nzoner 04:17 PM 10-26-2015

I'm in on making line-ups and will be the first admit I'm no shark,I've done okay at FD based on the $1-$5 tourney entries I do.This experiment gave me the opportunity to get in on the $25 game thus being a part of more entries into one tournament at higher stakes.

Personally,I'm still convinced the lower priced entries and unique games i.e. Primetime only are the way to go to build bankroll but as any experiment we shall see.
Bob Dole 04:26 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Exhibit A on why hootie should be reinstated. This is the kind of crap that passes for humor around here when the clever posters get run off.
What does "clever posters" have to do with TGHootie?
Eleazar 04:41 PM 10-26-2015

-$3100
OnTheWarpath15 04:46 PM 10-26-2015
-$3100
The first week, yeah - we lost $3100.

Last week, we won $600 of that back, and would have made a lot more back if there hadn't been the hard on for Seattle's defense and getting ignored when Lamar Miller was suggested over Denard Robinson.

You only need one lineup to hit, and IIRC, we were less than 20 points away from the Million dollar winner.

Not saying we're going to win, just saying that with proper preparation, it helps the odds.
Swanman 04:48 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:

Last week, we won $600 of that back, and would have made a lot more back if there hadn't been the hard on for Seattle's defense and getting ignored when Lamar Miller was suggested over Denard Robinson.

You only need one lineup to hit, and IIRC, we were less than 20 points away from the Million dollar winner.

Not saying we're going to win, just saying that with proper preparation, it helps the odds.
Oh yeah, forgot about the Denard Robinson mancrush too. Jesus he is an idiot.
MTG#10 04:54 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Since Phobia is MIA can we get Chris616 back then? He was nuked from his CP existence. It's been nearly two years and we need some fresh conspiracy material around here. TIA.
I still believe Chris616 was a mod mult. Think about it, everyone else just gets banned...he was completely erased from the site for a reason. No way in hell that guy was real.
KCCHIEFS27 04:55 PM 10-26-2015

You're telling me that Denard Robinson was used over Lamar Miller?? Ouch.
Prison Bitch 04:58 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Exhibit A on why hootie should be reinstated. This is the kind of crap that passes for humor around here when the clever posters get run off.
Do you + Hoots have a thing going? Romantically?
BigRedChief 05:01 PM 10-26-2015

Fan Duel took in $272 MILLION last week. Paid out $65 MILLION. Thats some handsome profits.
Dallas Chief 05:01 PM 10-26-2015

I can't believe you guys are airing out the numbers. So much for Fight Club.:-)
OnTheWarpath15 05:03 PM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
I can't believe you guys are airing out the numbers. So much for Fight Club.:-)
It's already out there. And the main reason that rule was created was regarding lineups. Seeing as how the drama has been removed from the group, I don't see future info being shared.

With that said, I'm done. If these guys want to know what's happening, they should have bought in.
Page 44 of 46
« First < 344041424344 4546 >
Up