JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
Jerm 10:17 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
We're in the same spot with Jones as they were last year.

All the "optimism" seems to scream that his agents are playing the Chiefs again.
I hope I'm wrong but I've never believed we were "close" or "making progress" or what ever superlative you want to use from these reporters...

It doesn't make one iota of sense for him not to get to FA if his main goal is to get paid and by all accounts it is...
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:22 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I hope I'm wrong but I've never believed we were "close" or "making progress" or what ever superlative you want to use from these reporters...

It doesn't make one iota of sense for him not to get to FA if his main goal is to get paid and by all accounts it is...
He should have fired his agents. They are going to play the same stupid games they did last year and he's going to end up signing with some shitbag team so the Katz brothers can get paid. It never ceases to amaze me just how dumb these athletes can be. Wish Chris had someone in his life to help guide him besides these dipshits.

If something doesn't end up getting done, I won't be the least bit shocked.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 10:23 AM 03-05-2024
Not that we need him, but Barkley about to hit the open market...

The #Giants are not franchise tagging RB Saquon Barkley again, source said. He’ll be one of the top free agents in a very good RB class. pic.twitter.com/AL4YHkO4Bp

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 5, 2024

[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:24 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Florio’s same “sources” that claimed Andy was retiring?

Do they even have Best Buy in Atlanta?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 03-05-2024
It's amazing how little faith some of you have in the process after 3 SBs now :-)

I'm not the least bit worried. I absolutely think they get something done with Jones, but if not, they have a plan b like Wilkins, and they'll probably keep Sneed.

Whatever happens, we'll be fine.
[Reply]
In58men 10:28 AM 03-05-2024
Another solid CB on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Jerm 10:30 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's amazing how little faith some of you have in the process after 3 SBs now :-)

I'm not the least bit worried. I absolutely think they get something done with Jones, but if not, they have a plan b like Wilkins, and they'll probably keep Sneed.

Oh I agree...I'm not worried at all, I trust Veach completely.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:32 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Not that we need him, but Barkley about to hit the open market...

Veach has signed a vet RB every year pretty much. Barkley would no doubt take our offense to a different level. I'd love it If Veach agreed.
[Reply]
farmerchief 10:36 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He should have fired his agents. They are going to play the same stupid games they did last year and he's going to end up signing with some shitbag team so the Katz brothers can get paid.
If something doesn't end up getting done, I won't be the least bit shocked.
Exactly! No matter how bad Chris said he wanted to remain, his agents want their share of his income. they will hold out for the biggest paycheck. Too bad.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:40 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Veach has signed a vet RB every year pretty much. Barkley would no doubt take our offense to a different level. I'd love it If Veach agreed.
Barkley is going to want to get paid. Not sure KC will pay him what he’s asking.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:45 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

We have drafted very well but mostly on defense.

Our WR draft picks other than Rice have been uninspiring.

We also have missed on project tackles.

The positive is that this class is loaded with WR and tackle talent.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:45 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
A lot of people would probably say there's no way Veach would spend money on a veteran RB, but if the value and fit is there I think he'd do it. I don't know what kind of money teams are going to throw at Barkley, but signing a guy like him goes a long way to making this offense drastically better for a much cheaper number than signing a veteran WR.

Barkley is likely out of the question, but I wouldn't be shocked to see one of these other big name veteran backs end up here on a modest deal.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:47 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
A lot of people would probably say there's no way Veach would spend money on a veteran RB, but if the value and fit is there I think he'd do it. I don't know what kind of money teams are going to throw at Barkley, but signing a guy like him goes a long way to making this offense drastically better for a much cheaper number than signing a veteran WR.

Barkley is likely out of the question, but I wouldn't be shocked to see one of these other big name veteran backs end up here on a modest deal.
I would sign the right RB if the value is appropriate.

This offense is very dependent on Kelce and Pacheco.

If either break we are in big trouble.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:48 AM 03-05-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We have drafted very well but mostly on defense.

Our WR draft picks other than Rice have been uninspiring.

We also have missed on project tackles.

The positive is that this class is loaded with WR and tackle talent.
What the fuck does this have to do with Chris Jones?

How many times do you want to have the same arguments over and over?
[Reply]
Go Royals 10:48 AM 03-05-2024
I wanna see what Pollards number ends up bein. He's more fit to play in a committee and I think he'd be a good back to pair with Pacheco.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 362
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up