ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
stevegroganfan 07:59 PM 02-11-2021
Patriots at home last year received 25 yards in penalties vs the Titans in a playoff loss.

Given so few yards received, I doubt they received many pass interference calls.

Why? Patriots receivers/tight ends for that game were worst in the league due to age/injury. Line was beaten up as well. So, despite Brady's accuracy as a passer not much of a need to pass interfere since Titans were good enough to play well within the rules.

Titans didn't have to try to pass interfere/hold on every other play to contain the Patriots receivers and tight ends.

Tyreek Hill is a great receiver... one of the best in the NFL but he isn't the type of receiver to receive pass inteference calls down the field. He is so fast that defenders are really not in great position to even interfere with him much beyond the line of scrimmage.

Mike Evans is the opposite. Evans is 6"5 and fast but not lightning fast like Hill so DB's that cover him are nearly as fast and often times given brady's accuracy as a passer, they want to interfere.

If a less accurate passer is throwing the ball to Evans like Winston, less of a need to interfere.

Chiefs defensive backs/secondary are highly penalized for a reason. They commit penalties.

It isn't a shock to me that Brady. a super accurate passer, throwing behind a good line with receivers/tight ends of Gronk(6"6), Mike Evans, Chris Godwin(normally great hands but drop balls in post season), Brate, Antonio Brown, Miller(4.3 speed), Johnson(good hands)

Chiefs let Brady's greatness get in their heads. They committed a bunch of holds/pass inteference calls in their secondary that they would have been better off not doing.

The game wasn't played in Kansas City so refs less likely to give a home field advantage that KC has often had in playoffs last 2 years.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:11 PM 02-11-2021
The two PIs at the end of the half were neither one catchable balls. It’s bullshit and the numbers back that up.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 08:55 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
The two PIs at the end of the half were neither one catchable balls. It’s bullshit and the numbers back that up.
You may underestimate what Mike Evans is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gvkKGgqkIE

The rule isn't, receiver will catch the ball over 50% of the time. It really is can a spectacular catch make it. If you have seen the Evans highlights, I wouldn't underestimate him at all. He is fairly fast 6"5 guy that can jump and even catch balls with one hand.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:08 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
You may underestimate what Mike Evans is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gvkKGgqkIE

The rule isn't, receiver will catch the ball over 50% of the time. It really is can a spectacular catch make it. If you have seen the Evans highlights, I wouldn't underestimate him at all. He is fairly fast 6"5 guy that can jump and even catch balls with one hand.
Dude...you are a member of a cult.

You cant speak on the years of statistics because it it would be detrimental to your beliefs.

I've seen this in every Brady worshiper that has come on this site...built in rationalizations instead of being objective.

Brady will always be your hero...and anything that shines a negative light will be rejected and spun into excuses.

You are only posting here to convince yourself...everybody else knows you are full of shit.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 09:53 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Dude...you are a member of a cult.

You cant speak on the years of statistics because it it would be detrimental to your beliefs.

I've seen this in every Brady worshiper that has come on this site...built in rationalizations instead of being objective.

Brady will always be your hero...and anything that shines a negative light will be rejected and spun into excuses.

You are only posting here to convince yourself...everybody else knows you are full of shit.
Who do you think is the best quarterback of all time? Name your top 5?

No adult male younger than me is my hero/idol. I am willing to criticize Brady for some off the field stuff that I wouldn't do but I judge athletes on the field based upon their performances within context.

But I defend Brady since I find people denying his greatness at this point to just be in massive denial. It isn't good for their health. I may be off-put by some athletes but I can still accept their greatness and that they are incredible.

Yes, I can speak to statistics.

Brady's key stats.

230-69 in regular season.
34-11 in playoffs.
10 Super Bowl appearances, 7 wins and he will probably get #8 before he retires. Next highest quarterbacks have 4 Super Bowl wins. And when you win the Super Bowl, you need to play well enough to get there.

His teams in New England and Tampa won a lot less games before he arrived and New England won 5 less games than the previous year the two years they played without him(acl injury year and now this year).

Check out Bill Bellichick's record without Brady.
Check out the last time the Bucs made the playoffs before Brady.

It isn't all Brady but he is easily best quarterback in NFL history. For many years, he did more with less in terms of skill position players which allowed Patriots to spend more on special teams/defense.

Was Brady helped by having the end of his career overlap this era? Sure. But quarterbacks that came after him helped even more by the rule changes that overtime increasingly emphasize player safety.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 PM 02-11-2021

No adult male younger than me is my hero/idol. I am willing to criticize Brady for some off the field stuff that I wouldn't do but I judge athletes on the field based upon their performances within context.

But I defend Brady since I find people denying his greatness at this point to just be in massive denial. It isn't good for their health. I may be off-put by some athletes but I can still accept their greatness and that they are incredible.

Brady's key stats.

34-11 in playoffs.
10 Super Bowl appearances, 7 wins and he will probably get #8 before he retires. Next highest quarterbacks have 4 Super Bowl wins. And when you win the Super Bowl, you need to play well enough to get there.

His teams in New England and Tampa won a lot less games before he arrived and New England won 5 less games than the previous year the two years they played without him(acl injury year and now this year).

It isn't all Brady but he is easily best quarterback in NFL history. For many years, he did more with less in terms of skill position players which allowed Patriots to spend more on special teams/defense.

Was Brady helped by having the end of his career overlap this era? Sure. But quarterbacks that came after him helped even more by the rule changes that overtime increasingly emphasize player safety.
Go away.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:59 PM 02-11-2021

Brady's key stats.

34-11 in playoffs.

Brady is not even CLOSE to the best quarterback in NFL history. Most "accomplished" thinks to a LOT of help? Sure.

Mahomes is already a better quarterback than Brady has ever been.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 08:17 PM 02-11-2021
And while Mike Evans is not as good as T. Hill as a receiver, the guy is no scrub. First receiver in NFL history to have 1000 yards 7 straight years. Draft position isn't always meaningful but #7 pick in the draft. His yards where down this year in part due to injury but if you watched the games this year, Teams were interfering with him blatantly quite often.

Admittedly, Evans himself sometimes pushes off himself...that is just less frequent since he normally doesn't have to.

People are really making this about Brady, when I bet a high amount of those calls went to Evans.

If Patriots had Mike Evans last year, they would have been facing off against Chiefs in AFC Championship game and wouldn't have even been playing the Titans in round 1 since the team would have had a bye.

BTW, the main reason Brady's receiver's didn't get a ton of pass interference calls his first 3 Super Bowl wins, Patriots didn't have a stud wide receiver or a truly dominant tight end until Randy Moss in 2007.

If the team doesn't have the receivers to go down the field successfully that often, they won't get the long pass interference calls.

And if the passer is inaccurate, there is less of a need to interfere.

Someone else can look at the data but I doubt there are many ultra fast receivers like T Hill getting tons of PI calls down the field. Defenders often even not in position to trip him or get their hands on him while he is running.

And someone like Gronk was a 6"6 physical freak that was willing to go deep at times so someone like him with an accurate passer like Brady throwing him the ball was going to convince linebackers/safety's that they are best off holding/pass interfering.

Chris Godwin another big physical receiver who has some speed as well.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:43 AM 02-12-2021
And while Mike Evans is not as good as T. Hill as a receiver, the guy is no scrub. First receiver in NFL history to have 1000 yards 7 straight years. Draft position isn't always meaningful but #7 pick in the draft. His yards where down this year in part due to injury but if you watched the games this year, Teams were interfering with him blatantly quite often.

Admittedly, Evans himself sometimes pushes off himself...that is just less frequent since he normally doesn't have to.

People are really making this about Brady, when I bet a high amount of those calls went to Evans.

If Patriots had Mike Evans last year, they would have been facing off against Chiefs in AFC Championship game and wouldn't have even been playing the Titans in round 1 since the team would have had a bye.

BTW, the main reason Brady's receiver's didn't get a ton of pass interference calls his first 3 Super Bowl wins, Patriots didn't have a stud wide receiver or a truly dominant tight end until Randy Moss in 2007.

If the team doesn't have the receivers to go down the field successfully that often, they won't get the long pass interference calls.

And if the passer is inaccurate, there is less of a need to interfere.

Someone else can look at the data but I doubt there are many ultra fast receivers like T Hill getting tons of PI calls down the field. Defenders often even not in position to trip him or get their hands on him while he is running.

And someone like Gronk was a 6"6 physical freak that was willing to go deep at times so someone like him with an accurate passer like Brady throwing him the ball was going to convince linebackers/safety's that they are best off holding/pass interfering.

Chris Godwin another big physical receiver who has some speed as well.
Evans and Godwin played in 2019 with Winston throwing over 5000 yards and they only had 12 DPIs. It's pretty clear what the difference between 2019 and 2020 is and why there were more than double the DPIs in the latter (and it wasn't Gronk, who had pedestrian numbers).
[Reply]
cripple creek 08:28 PM 02-11-2021
reminded of the old saying "one convinced against their will is of the same opinion still"
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:52 PM 02-11-2021
Not surprised

refs probably ask for his autograph after the games

faggot cock sucker
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:30 PM 02-11-2021
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336922

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City cornerbacks will have to worry in this game about penalties, in particular pass interference. Defenses were flagged 23 times for pass interference on Brady throws this year, a record total in our database that goes back 35 years. Brady and the Bucs got 395 free yards out of DPI penalties. Kansas City was fifth in DPI penalties during the season, 15 total including four each for Breeland and Ward.
As I posted the night of the SB, it was a NFL record this year for him in terms of DPIs benefited from. Now obviously his entire career is ref-aided, but that was particularly the case this season.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:20 PM 02-11-2021
Two of the most difficult receivers in the league to cover (Kelce and hill) and they drew 4 DPIs the entire year?

Remember the raiders game where tyreek was tackled before the ball got there??

You would think the best receivers in the league draw the most DPIs.....

Evans is good, Godwin didn’t play most of the season, and Gronk runs a 5 second 40.

27-4 in DPIs just doesn’t add up (nor does the favoritism Brady gets in the playoffs).

I thought the jags playoff game was the worst I ever witnessed until sundays game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:28 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Two of the most difficult receivers in the league to cover (Kelce and hill) and they drew 4 DPIs the entire year?

Remember the raiders game where tyreek was tackled before the ball got there??

You would think the best receivers in the league draw the most DPIs.....

Evans is good, Godwin didn’t play most of the season, and Gronk runs a 5 second 40.

27-4 in DPIs just doesn’t add up (nor does the favoritism Brady gets in the playoffs).

I thought the jags playoff game was the worst I ever witnessed until sundays game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I try not to get too wrapped up in the officiating, but my god this is hard to ignore.

27-4. That’s just fucking insane.

We see Kelce get mugged almost constantly. Twice in the Super Bowl he was tackled before catching the ball. For whatever reason, we aren’t getting the calls.

Mahomes and Reid should be working those refs more and more. Who gives a fuck what opposing fans think? Sure it’s annoying, but apparently it works.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I try not to get too wrapped up in the officiating, but my god this is hard to ignore.

27-4. That’s just fucking insane.

We see Kelce get mugged almost constantly. Twice in the Super Bowl he was tackled before catching the ball. For whatever reason, we aren’t getting the calls.

Mahomes and Reid should be working those refs more and more. Who gives a fuck what opposing fans think? Sure it’s annoying, but apparently it works.
Kelce had 2 catches that nobody really made a big deal about because he caught them but David was all over him before the ball ever got there. Should have been automatic first downs in both cases.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up