ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 564 of 3903
« First < 64464514554560561562563564 56556656756857461466410641564 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:56 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Damn...

New guidelines for visiting the health system
To protect our patients, visitors and staff from infection, we have implemented the following guidelines:

All visitors to health system facilities in the Kansas City area
We have implemented temperature screenings upon entry into our facilities. We have reduced points of entry at some locations to direct all arriving visitors to a screening station where someone will take your temperature. This includes health system employees. Every person arriving at our facilities must receive a temperature screening before entering.
Visiting patients staying at any health system hospital
For most patients, zero visitors are allowed. Exceptions include:
  • 1 parent or guardian for patients younger than 18
  • 1 support person for labor and delivery patients
  • 1 support person for patients with disabilities or impairments needing assistance
  • 1 support person or driver for patients undergoing outpatient treatment or procedures
  • Support persons for patients nearing end of life
  • Any visitor who has a fever or other cold or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed in our facilities.

Outpatient visits at our clinics throughout the health system
For most patients, zero visitors are allowed. Exceptions include:
  • 1 parent or guardian for patients younger than 18
  • 1 support person for patients with disabilities or impairments
  • We encourage family and friends to return home to await news of their loved one. You may wait in your vehicle if you wish.

Any visitor who has a fever or other cold or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed in our facilities.

Unless you have a scheduled pediatrics appointment, visitors under age 14 will not be allowed in the clinic until further notice.

https://www.kansashealthsystem.com/n...mation#visitor
Say you are there to see mr. smith whom is dying and walk right past his old ass over to see how your boy Braydon is doing on his Bro-lenilator
[Reply]
neech 10:59 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Like I said, it's silly to think that those states magically suddenly have zero new cases. Which is why I said that it's much more likely that they simply haven't been updated. You chose to challenge me on that.
The data says zero, you're a big data guy, do you question the numbers?
[Reply]
neech 11:01 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I was thinking about that phrase last night. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "coughing into your elbowpit"? I tried to demo coughing into my elbow, and strained my neck.
Well, pencil necks are easily strained you see.
[Reply]
Donger 11:02 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
The data says zero, you're a big data guy, do you question the numbers?
No, the data doesn't say zero. It's just blank. So there are no numbers to question.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:03 AM 03-21-2020
They complain about kids drunk on beaches. Try & stop grandpa from a booty call
[Reply]
tk13 11:03 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am not talking about Italy. I am talking about this country.

Most of the state's new death column is blank. Does that mean people are dying and they just don't want to update it?
Many states will do an official update sometime in the afternoon with an update of how many new cases there are that day.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:06 AM 03-21-2020
Would be interesting to know whats going on in North Korea.

I bet 105% death rate.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:06 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Many states will do an official update sometime in the afternoon with an update of how many new cases there are that day.
And some states have had 0 deaths and that cell in their respective column is blank, not 0. There is nothing on that site with 0 in the column. Meaning either it isn't reported at all or they don't put anything in the column unless it is >0
[Reply]
petegz28 11:08 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
And I should also add I haven't seen a day this week that WA state numbers were not constantly being updated throughout the day. Thus my attention even being drawn to this in the first place.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:08 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Yes it has been confirmed by the CDC and the WHO.
And as someone that is stage 3 COPD I have spent countless hours on the internet looking for doctors or stories trying to disprove what multiple Pulmonologists have all told me, which is that the lungs do not repair their tissues that what most people think are the lungs repairing is just the phlegm leaving the lungs from stopping smoking or removing themselves whatever activity that caused the damage.
Sources?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03-21-2020, 11:11 AM
This message has been deleted by Chief Roundup.
ThaVirus 11:13 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
All the conditions listed are suspected causes for why some are falling critically ill, also men seem to be falling critically at a higher rate than women we will know more maybe once it is over, the young healthy people May not die but potentially still will need vents for 10 plus days , plus long term effects still unknown regarding lung function, I think a lot of people who got sars never recovered full function.
None of this is new information, brotha.

I said this virus doesn't appear to be killing young, healthy individuals. Unless you've got something that says otherwise we don't really need to be having this discussion.
[Reply]
Donger 11:13 AM 03-21-2020
Get that out of here.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:16 AM 03-21-2020
The whole "non political" tag at this point is pretty nonsensical.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:17 AM 03-21-2020
Take this to DC, please
[Reply]
Donger 11:17 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The whole "non political" tag at this point is pretty nonsensical.
No, it isn't. That article is highly political.
[Reply]
Page 564 of 3903
« First < 64464514554560561562563564 56556656756857461466410641564 > Last »
Up