ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3126 of 3903
« First < 2126262630263076311631223123312431253126 31273128312931303136317632263626 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:03 PM 11-16-2020
All these anecdotal examples of crowded bars from all over the USA without any masks or social distancing it’s no wonder we are at 1 million cases a week.

They need to close indoor bars if people can’t follow the CDC guidelines and just do the outside dining/drinking. Put some portable heaters out there to make it more tolerable? I don’t want to lose my favorite watering hole either but come on man, this is getting out of hand. Why can’t they do the paycheck protection plan again?

Sucks but this just isn’t sustainable till the average person starts to get the vaccine in April.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:04 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
All these anecdotal examples of crowded bars without any masks, it’s no wonder we are at 1 million cases a week. They need to close indoor bars if people can’t follow the CDC guidelines and just do the outside dining/drinking.
Pretty easy solution if you happen to live in Florida.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:05 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Better stock up on your toilet paper while you can.. The dominos are starting to fall.

What if you live in a house of four or more, what then? Such a crock of shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:06 PM 11-16-2020
All these anecdotal examples of crowded bars without any masks, it’s no wonder we are at 1 million cases a week. They need to close indoor bars if people can’t follow the CDC guidelines and just do the outside dining/drinking.
What if it isn't coming from bars?I know that's the easy target and all. Tell a bar\restaurant owner in 90% of the country they have to do outdoor over the winter.

As I have said, unless you are prepared to pay the bills, mortgages, etc. of these businesses and their employees I suggest you empathize a little instead of just telling someone else to fucking deal with it while you collect your paycheck.
[Reply]
Donger 05:10 PM 11-16-2020
Better stock up on your toilet paper while you can.. The dominos are starting to fall.

His statement is false.
[Reply]
sedated 05:14 PM 11-16-2020
All these anecdotal examples of crowded bars from all over the USA without any masks or social distancing it’s no wonder we are at 1 million cases a week.

They need to close indoor bars if people can’t follow the CDC guidelines and just do the outside dining/drinking. Put some portable heaters out there to make it more tolerable? I don’t want to lose my favorite watering hole either but come on man, this is getting out of hand. Why can’t they do the paycheck protection plan again?

Sucks but this just isn’t sustainable till the average person starts to get the vaccine in April.
Its not sustainable in KC. Its cold and rains/snows.

There were lists floating around of places with heated patios, some of them are good but a couple I've been too have apparently given up because the chairs and tables were stacked up in the corner when I went. That was at the beginning of November, so Dec-Feb don't stand a chance.
[Reply]
sedated 05:20 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
As I have said, unless you are prepared to pay the bills, mortgages, etc. of these businesses and their employees I suggest you empathize a little instead of just telling someone else to ****ing deal with it while you collect your paycheck.
There is middle ground. I've been to plenty of places that have been adamant about protocols, distanced tables, provided sanitizer, encouraged mask usage. Others have completely ignored them and let the places get packed without any protocols.

The problem is that one weekend night where things are ignored can make up a lot of profit for the owner, so its obviously tempting.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:21 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
What if you live in a house of four or more, what then? Such a crock of shit.
From the article:

Originally Posted by :
All indoor gatherings and events involving people from more than one household are prohibited, in public or private spaces. This includes private events such as weddings and showers, listed as “celebrations” in previous guidance, as well as funerals.

[Reply]
TLO 11-16-2020, 05:22 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: DaFace beat me to it
BigRedChief 05:39 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Pretty easy solution if you happen to live in Florida.
Evidently not. Same thing that’s being reported by posters here is happening down here also. I don’t think this cramming into bars is a regional thing. It’s happening everywhere.

In normal times, people crammed into bars. These ain’t normal times. But, I do know that doing stuff that we know can possibly spread the virus, is only going to make it worse for us all.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:41 PM 11-16-2020

I can tell you that I've lost a significant amount of respect for many of my fellow healthcare workers--every week I see pictures of them at bars or weddings en masse without masks on.

Honestly, it's fucking bullshit that they can act so irresponsibly and skate by while good people like O. City do the right thing for others and yet still has to suffer so much grief and loss.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:43 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
From the article:
Thanks for pointing out what I obviously didn't read, but now we're getting into semantics as far as I can figure. I just think it's all ridiculous.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:06 PM 11-16-2020

If you don't live in Philadelphia why should a person give a crap. Every state will do things differently so it is unlikely that Kansas, Missouri or Arkansas will do this same type of response.
[Reply]
TLO 06:27 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
If you don't live in Philadelphia why should a person give a crap. Every state will do things differently so it is unlikely that Kansas, Missouri or Arkansas will do this same type of response.
I'm not so sure. We're seeing a lot of places putting restrictions back in place. Maybe it's a proportional response. Maybe not.

Maybe the Midwest will have a similar response. Maybe not.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:54 PM 11-16-2020
Absolutely horseshit restrictions . Just fucking crippling to many hardworking people. Who pays their bills?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:01 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Absolutely horseshit restrictions . Just ****ing crippling to many hardworking people. Who pays their bills?
Don't worry, once you're evicted and file bankruptcy the Gov will put you up in some fine section 8 housing and give you a debit card to buy groceries and some money for your utilities.
[Reply]
Page 3126 of 3903
« First < 2126262630263076311631223123312431253126 31273128312931303136317632263626 > Last »
Up