ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Tarantino: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
kysirsoze 05:47 PM 06-08-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
His movies always have a lot of Starpower but never go anywhere. 5 years on a script...means it either had tons of holes, or it is the best ever written now. The Manson thing has been done a lot, so I guess we will see.
Lots of scripts take 5 years or more. Sometimes much more. That means nothing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:38 PM 07-19-2019
I知 so excited to see this. Got my tickets for the first show in the area on Thrusday. Wish he would have done 70MM for this movie. :-)

The reviews are coming back as his best movie ever. A masterpiece landmark film etc.
[Reply]
Miles 02:05 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I知 so excited to see this. Got my tickets for the first show in the area on Thrusday. Wish he would have done 70MM for this movie. :-)

The reviews are coming back as his best movie ever. A masterpiece landmark film etc.
Trying to not get super excited during the wait. I致e gotten picky about where I値l watch a theater movie and want a laser projector but this may not get it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:05 AM 07-20-2019
Scored tickets to a screener on Wednesday night.

Bart Scott, Can't Wait.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:29 AM 07-20-2019
You guys triggered my FOMO. Grabbed some 70mm tickets for Friday.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You guys triggered my FOMO. Grabbed some 70mm tickets for Friday.
Wait? What! We have several 70MM theatres here. I've seen his last two movies on 70MM. I thought he didn't film in 70MM for this movie?
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:03 AM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wait? What! We have several 70MM theatres here. I've seen his last two movies on 70MM. I thought he didn't film in 70MM for this movie?
I think there's only a handful of theaters showing it in 70mm.

https://musicboxtheatre.com/films/on...e-in-hollywood
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:07 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Scored tickets to a screener on Wednesday night.

Bart Scott, Can't Wait.
Fun movie. Most of you guys will appreciate it.

Some of you won't.

Looking forward to coming back to this thread after some of you have seen it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:03 PM 07-24-2019

Some of you won't.

I had tickets to the first show in the area tomorrow but now life has gotten in the way and I値l have to see it on Friday. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:31 AM 07-25-2019

Some of you won't.

How would you rank it compared to QTs other movies?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:00 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How would you rank it compared to QTs other movies?
Wow...tough question because I don't want to spoil anything or give people any ideas before going to see it.

I'll say different.

It's more personal and heartfelt than anything he's ever done, IMO. With that said, there are still plenty of easter eggs, excellent cameos and typical QT obsessions that are everywhere in the film.

If you're a huge QT fan, I think you'll LOVE this movie.

I wasn't alive during this time period, but I really FELT like I was in 1969 LA.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:47 PM 07-25-2019
Wow...tough question because I don't want to spoil anything or give people any ideas before going to see it.

I'll say different.

It's more personal and heartfelt than anything he's ever done, IMO. With that said, there are still plenty of easter eggs, excellent cameos and typical QT obsessions that are everywhere in the film.

I wasn't alive during this time period, but I really FELT like I was in 1969 LA.
I知 a huge QT fan, so I知 sure I値l like it

I think my fave movies of his are Inglorious Basterds, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill.

But really I like them all.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:58 PM 07-25-2019

I'll say different.

Saw some interviews with him where he talked about the movie being a love letter to his home town.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:58 AM 07-20-2019
Seeing this shit Thursday night. Hyped af
[Reply]
BWillie 11:11 AM 07-20-2019
I've heard this movie is fantastic.

I mean, if DiCaprio is in it, how can it be bad? The dude is going to go down as the best actor of all time.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up