ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 114
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone here doing the E-Cig / Vape thing?
pr_capone 03:05 AM 11-17-2013
Thanks to my vape, I've had only one single cigarette in the past 3 weeks. I have zero cravings for them and I feel considerably better. In fact, I still have about 5 smokes left in a pack and just can't see myself smoking those... don't want to.

Even better... 5ml of juice, which costs $5, lasts me about 2 weeks meaning that I am spending less in the long run. I only smoked, at most, a pack a week... but still.

I tried the Blu E-Cigs but they were terrible. Trying to "smoke" out of one of those was like trying to take a hit off a joint that was rolled WAY to tight.

I'm using an eGo-V v2 mega battery with variable voltage control with a gravity tank.

[Reply]
lcarus 05:59 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by listopencil:
What are you using?
Ah hell, I don't know what it is exactly. I got it for Christmas and haven't used it a whole lot until recently. It's "Smok" brand and the dial on the bottom goes to 4.8V. The juice I'm using is the highest nicotine level and I believe it's 50/50 regarding the PG/VG. The flavor is called Hawk Sauce and it tastes like berries with a hint of menthol. I love the taste of the vapor, and it does help me when I don't have cigs, but I often still have a craving for a real cigarette.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:25 PM 03-26-2014
I like the SVD. It feels like I am carrying around a light saber. It has some size and heft to it. The base is substantially wider than the VV so I don't knock it over clumsily. I have to pay attention to what I'm doing more though because of the size. I think stylistically it is going to be fine even up to the 5ml tanks. I can see this as my choice for lazy days off, at home and around town. It might be too big to take to work depending on your work space and your job. We have designated break times and break areas so I'll stick with one of the iTaste VV 3.0 with an iClear 16 for work. It feels more like a cig in my hand. It's quite possible that by the time mine dies I'll be more comfortable with holding the SVD though.

I saw a review for the i30B:

The reviewer was really happy about it. It's a double coil bottom burner from Innokin with the swivel if you miss it. I really do like the look of the Protank but I'm am going to check out the iClear X, thanks.

That's the tank I got, when I bought it she swapped out the two tanks that came with it for this one. Mine doesn't have the swivel top though? I was digging the light saber look but I saved over $40 bucks going with the MVP, the square shape wasn't as cool but the complete kit and extra long battery life sealed the deal for me.
[Reply]
NWTF 06:39 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Buck:
I wish I knew building my own coils was this easy from the start.

$5 for 100 feet of wire. Each coil is like 4" of wire (but i usually have 4" of waste too).

And they kick my ass. 12 mg liquid is almost too strong, I'm glad though. Now I can go down to 6.
I might go that route. I may be wrong here ,but you have to reapply the liquid to the coils every 5-6 hits or so. Is that correct? Nothing wrong with that if thats the case. It would be great at home. Maybe more of a home relaxing vaping experience. Im a field tech and work out of my truck. I vape as im driving from one job to the next. I think maybe an RBA would be a pain in the ass at work for me

Now when I was at the local vape shop the other day when the owner built this guys coil I got to try it, and the store owners RBA. Its far superior vaping to stock tanks, hits like a brick, intense taste. Clearly the high end of vaping IMO
[Reply]
Buck 06:42 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by NWTF:
I might go that route. I may be wrong here ,but you have to reapply the liquid to the coils every 5-6 hits or so. Is that correct? Nothing wrong with that if thats the case. It would be great at home. Maybe more of a home relaxing vaping experience. Im a field tech and work out of my truck. I vape as im driving from one job to the next. I think maybe an RBA would be a pain in the ass at work for me

Now when I was at the local vape shop the other day when the owner built this guys coil I got to try it, and the store owners RBA. Its far superior vaping to stock tanks, hits like a brick, intense taste. Clearly the high end of vaping IMO
It depends on how much cotton is in there and the resistance of your coil. On my build I've been getting about 12 good hits before I have to reapply juice.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:58 PM 03-26-2014
It depends on how much cotton is in there and the resistance of your coil. On my build I've been getting about 12 good hits before I have to reapply juice.
That seams like a pain in the rear, pretty sure If I fill the tank, I could go almost 2 day's before having to refill. I only took a couple of hits this morning and didn't pick it up again until after work.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:39 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Buzz:
That's the tank I got, when I bought it she swapped out the two tanks that came with it for this one. Mine doesn't have the swivel top though? I was digging the light saber look but I saved over $40 bucks going with the MVP, the square shape wasn't as cool but the complete kit and extra long battery life sealed the deal for me.
Yeah I read that swivel is an option now. How is that tank doing for you? I don't like the swivel, and the draw on this thing is the only negative about my set up.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:46 PM 03-26-2014
Oh, and my daughter just came home from class a bit ago. I saw her drive up and met her on the porch. As she got out of her car I lifted up my SVD, looked at the LCD screen and announced, "Daleks. There are Daleks here." I got an "ugh" and a laugh. Worth it.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:48 PM 03-26-2014
Yeah I read that swivel is an option now. How is that tank doing for you? I don't like the swivel, and the draw on this thing is the only negative about my set up.
Works great but I wouldn't the difference? I picked up a smaller, slimmer tank to night but It doesn't look like the threads match so I left it in the package, don't know what brand, thought they were interchangeable? One threads in, the big tank, the other threads out, smaller tank?
[Reply]
NWTF 07:50 PM 03-26-2014
Hasn't been popular enough for long enough to have long term studies done. We are the guinea pigs. It's almost undoubtedly not worse than cigarettes though.
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
They've been around for a long time though, at least 10 years that I know of. And in all that time, it's hard to believe they can't "figure out" if they are dangerous. Personally, I think the foot dragging and hand wringing is done on the part of the tobacco companies. If Phillip Morris had any brains they'd jump on this bandwagon.
No long term studies because it hasn't been around long enough to do them. The vapor droplets can't physically go as deep into your lungs as smoke particles. So right off the bat it's not as invasive. The vapor isn't from combustion so you aren't breathing in actual smoke, that's another plus because you aren't dumping the crap from a small dirty campfire into yourself every time you take a hit. I can tell you that I felt the same effects as a person who quits cold turkey (other than the nicotine itself). My lungs are cleaning themselves out and I am breathing easier.
Well, what got my attention on vaping came from a coworker. Hes been vaping ever sense Ive known him. So I asked him about it one day.

Over a year or so ago he was at his doctor for a checkup and on his lung xray his doctor detected what looked to be cancer, but had to have the experts look at it to be certain. Well, my friend quit smoking that day, he was a heavy smoker and knew it had to be cancer. He started vaping then cause he couldn't quit the nicotine. The lab results was scar tissue damage but no cancer.

A year later he goes back for a checkup. Scar tissue gone, lungs clearing up on xray. And obviously he feels way better, breathes easier and all that.

I started vaping a day or two after he told me that.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:53 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Ah hell, I don't know what it is exactly. I got it for Christmas and haven't used it a whole lot until recently. It's "Smok" brand and the dial on the bottom goes to 4.8V. The juice I'm using is the highest nicotine level and I believe it's 50/50 regarding the PG/VG. The flavor is called Hawk Sauce and it tastes like berries with a hint of menthol. I love the taste of the vapor, and it does help me when I don't have cigs, but I often still have a craving for a real cigarette.
It's hard to say but I would suggest cranking up the volts and staying with high nic and more VG. You might be missing that lung hit. The nic should provide you with adequate throat hit at the highest level. By the way I have seen liquid up to 36 mgs nic. Are you using 36?
[Reply]
listopencil 07:57 PM 03-26-2014
Works great but I wouldn't the difference? I picked up a smaller, slimmer tank to night but It doesn't look like the threads match so I left it in the package, don't know what brand, thought they were interchangeable? One threads in, the big tank, the other threads out, smaller tank?
The two I have seen most of are 510 and eGo. Your MVP should be able to do both. The eGo threads are on the outside of column and the 510 threads are on the inside of the column, where you screw in the tank. What kind of tank is it?
[Reply]
Buzz 08:09 PM 03-26-2014
The two I have seen most of are 510 and eGo. Your MVP should be able to do both. The eGo threads are on the outside of column and the 510 threads are on the inside of the column, where you screw in the tank. What kind of tank is it?
I don't know on the smaller tank, it didn't say, just cello wrapped. I thought about trying it, but didn't want to take it out of the package if I had to take it back.
[Reply]
Buck 08:13 PM 03-26-2014
I don't know on the smaller tank, it didn't say, just cello wrapped. I thought about trying it, but didn't want to take it out of the package if I had to take it back.
Does it look like this?

[Reply]
Buzz 08:25 PM 03-26-2014
No, I looked again and it's a KangerTech T3S?
[Reply]
Buck 08:29 PM 03-26-2014
No, I looked again and it's a KangerTech T3S?
You have an MVP?

They aren't compatible.

Edit: At least thats what a few things google brings up says.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 114
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up