ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 56
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread
Al Bundy 07:13 PM 06-20-2017

Sources: Charlotte is sending Miles Plumlee, Marco Belenelli and 41st pick to Atlanta for Dwight Howard and 31st pick.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 21, 2017

The Celtics and 76ers have agreed to a trade that will send the #1 pick to Philly, who plan on drafting Markelle Fultz (@daldridgetnt)

— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) June 18, 2017

The draft is June 22nd.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:42 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Maybe the Pacers really didn't want George in the East. Great deal for OKC. Just think of George is doing poorly by all star break next year you can trade him and probably get a better haul than what they traded away
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It was 3 of the shit first rounders they got.
Not taking what "supposedly" the Celtics offered to me is ridiculous even if they aren't the best 1st round picks, they are still 3 first rounders + Crowder and Bradley.

I read this morning that the Celtics offered their Nets pick this year at the trade deadline and Bird even refused that deal. Pure idiocy...
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:49 AM 07-01-2017
Some of these contracts are crazy:

Jrue Holiday gets $126m from NO

Patty Mills gets $50m from Spurs

Tony Snell gets $46m from Bucks.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:37 AM 07-01-2017
relative to the NBA those are considered "good deals"

Which is funny considering the highest paid guy in the NFL is Derek Carr at 25 million. NFL you completely destroy your body and make about as much as the 2nd tier good players do in the NBA and MLB

Tell your kids to play baseball and basketball
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:05 AM 07-01-2017
lol at this Curry contract. Holy shit.

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:53 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not taking what "supposedly" the Celtics offered to me is ridiculous even if they aren't the best 1st round picks, they are still 3 first rounders + Crowder and Bradley.

I read this morning that the Celtics offered their Nets pick this year at the trade deadline and Bird even refused that deal. Pure idiocy...
Bird screwed up royally by not taking the deal at the deadline. However, PG hadn't demanded a trade yet then so be thought he may still have a chance at resigning him.

The reason Indy couldn't get squat out of PG is he wouldn't commit to an extension anywhere, because he's going to LA next summer. And that's his right to do so.

However, he royally screwed the Pacers on his way out the door.

Don't believe the BS coming out of Boston. Thats just Ainge trying to save face in front of his fan base. He thought he had Indy backed in a corner and he lost his ass. If Ainge had offered anything better than OKC did, he would've gotten George.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:01 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Bird screwed up royally by not taking the deal at the deadline. However, PG hadn't demanded a trade yet then so be thought he may still have a chance at resigning him.

The reason Indy couldn't get squat out of PG is he wouldn't commit to an extension anywhere, because he's going to LA next summer. And that's his right to do so.

Don't believe the BS coming out of Boston. Thats just Ainge trying to save face in front of his fan base. He thought he had Indy backed in a corner and he lost his ass. If Ainge had offered anything better than OKC did, he would've gotten George.
Well Woj reported it was 3 first round picks. Not the nets or kings picks. Plus Crowder and Amir Johnson.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:40 AM 07-01-2017

Paul Millsap has a meeting lined up with the Minnesota Timberwolves today, league sources told Basketball Insiders.

— Michael Scotto (@MikeAScotto) July 1, 2017

Teague
Butler
Wiggins
Millsap
Towns

Dieng off the bench
Can still match offers on Bazz Muhammad

Don't tell me Minnesota's not going to the playoffs this year if Millsap signs. They could potentially challenge for the 4 seed if everything went their way.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:47 AM 07-01-2017
Livingston and West both staying with GSW
[Reply]
penbrook 11:47 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Teague
Butler
Wiggins
Millsap
Towns

Dieng off the bench

Don't tell me Minnesota's not going to the playoffs this year if Millsap signs. They could potentially challenge for the 4 seed if everything went their way.
I'd rather have that lineup than Clevelands lineup.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:49 AM 07-01-2017
T Wolves also want JJ Redick
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:54 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Well Woj reported it was 3 first round picks. Not the nets or kings picks. Plus Crowder and Amir Johnson.
I heard Crowded or Smart and 2 first round picks. Which would've been late 20's. Either way, I think the OKC offer was as good or better. They get a great defensive guard who is getting better as a shooter in Dipo and a lottery pick from last year in Sabonis.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:55 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:

I agree with pretty much everything you said and that is why I said last night I found it hard to believe Pritchard would turn down such a deal with the Celtics. They didn't get any picks from OKC. It just doesn't make sense unless they really wanted Sabonis and for PG not to be in the East.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:56 AM 07-01-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Teague
Butler
Wiggins
Millsap
Towns

Dieng off the bench

A seasoned vet like Millsap would be PERFECT for the Wolves. He could teach the young guys how to win.

That team will be good.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:00 PM 07-01-2017
The whole T Wolves starting rotation are all stars or future All Stars
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:07 PM 07-01-2017
I am interested to know other people's opinion on this but why is there basically an arms race in the West when GS is pretty much unbeatable at this point? Are players that more afraid of going up against Lebron? It would seem to me it would be easier to form a few great teams in the East than the West.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07-01-2017, 12:08 PM
This message has been deleted by dirk digler. Reason: possible fake news
Page 15 of 56
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up