ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread****
Chief Northman 04:09 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, Bryce Hall was my other guy. I was initially leaning toward Hall due to height and some good things I've read about him. But it appears that Igbhinoghene is faster and I like him as a cover guy.
Now I can comment....

I really believe that after Noah and Bryce Hall are off the board, there is a big drop at the corner position compared to the guys that have already been drafted in this mock. Noah and Hall are different corners and I think a lot depends on what you want in your scheme.

I would argue that Noah is the better athlete (can return kicks) and does a great job on the outside of being able to run with deep vertical routes. He can match up against receivers with both size and speed quite readily. What I am leery about concerning Noah is his tackling ability, and perhaps lack of versatility as I think he can only be a guy that plays outside. He is raw, and does not have a history of being able to take the ball away.

With Hall You have a scheme-versatile, aggressive, sound player who is effective in the blitz game, and has a good knack for jumping routes. His junior year was fantastic where he took the ball away netting four interceptions and if I am not mistaken had the most past break ups in NCAA division one.
The huge red flag that comes with Hall is he is coming off a devastating injury where he broke his fibula, dislocated his ankle, and tore a ligament. As of late February he still was not able to do any physical type of testing. He is better suited to play in a zone scheme where he can read and break on routes but is not necessarily terrible when asked to play man coverage.

If he checks out medically, and if I had to pick between the two, I would take Hall just because he tends to take the ball away more consistently, he has more experience and a higher floor (graduating senior), and maybe he could re-create some of that Virginia secondary magic he had playing with Juan Thornhill a couple seasons ago!
[Reply]
staylor26 04:12 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, Bryce Hall was my other guy. I was initially leaning toward Hall due to height and some good things I've read about him. But it appears that Igbhinoghene is faster and I like him as a cover guy.
Yea with 2 starting corners it had to be Noah or Hall.

I really like Hall, but he has yet to run or do any workouts after a significant injury. Noah on the other hand has had a fantastic offseason and definitely has more upside because of his athleticism.

It’s good to know that Hall has kept his value down though because it makes me feel much more comfortable going somewhere other than corner in the 1st.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 03:32 PM 03-27-2020
The Cincinnati Bengals select Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise State

Cincinnati needs an edge rusher and a sack artist there aren’t as prolific as him in this draft.
[Reply]
DrRyan 04:07 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
The Cincinnati Bengals select Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise State

Cincinnati needs an edge rusher and a sack artist there aren’t as prolific as him in this draft.
Solid pick. Another one bites the dust for the newly minted Cardinals GM that shyster'd his way into the driver's seat by having more blackmail material on Michael Bidwell than all other candidates combined.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:46 PM 03-27-2020
So many needs, so few picks for the Redskins. With Trent Williams asking for his release or a trade, the team turns the page.

With the 66th overall pick the Washington Redskins select Ezra Cleveland - Tackle - Boise State

Cleveland is rising up draft boards as he had a nice combine, showing athleticism and functional mobility. He can develop into a dependable Tackle over time, but can kick inside if needed.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 03:54 PM 03-27-2020
The Detroit Lions select Joshua Uche, DE, U of M.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:23 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Sfeihc:
The Detroit Lions select Joshua Uche, DE, U of M.
Interesting note: Charles Robinson did an AMA on reddit this week and someone asked him about underrated players.

He said he talks with a scout who has told him about 3 guys who will be studs in the league during the pre-draft process. These were viewed as underrated players in recent years.

Robinson said that same scout told him this year that Uche is the underrated player that will be a huge stud.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:27 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interesting note: Charles Robinson did an AMA on reddit this week and someone asked him about underrated players.

He said he talks with a scout who has told him about 3 guys who will be studs in the league during the pre-draft process. These were viewed as underrated players in recent years.

Robinson said that same scout told him this year that Uche is the underrated player that will be a huge stud.
I honestly don’t think there’s a huge gap between Baun and Uche. Daniel Jeremiah was talking about how low key good he was in the SB game after he rewatched. I think I need to do the same tonight.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:23 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I honestly don’t think there’s a huge gap between Baun and Uche. Daniel Jeremiah was talking about how low key good he was in the SB game after he rewatched. I think I need to do the same tonight.
Could be right. Speaking of, scouting director runkc has a prospect in mind for our Chiefs that nobody (that I’ve seen) is talking about here but is apparently getting big time buzz.

Fits Spags system to a “t”.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:44 PM 03-27-2020
the New York Jets select Isaiah Wilson OL Georgia
[Reply]
Sfeihc 04:54 PM 03-27-2020
The Detroit Lions have acquired the Philadelphia Eagles third and fifth round picks via the Slay trade.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:09 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Sfeihc:
The Detroit Lions have acquired the Philadelphia Eagles third and fifth round picks via the Slay trade.
Well shit.

I've used the draft order from the NFL Draft wiki because it's been the fastest to get changes put in, but apparently it missed a big one from like a week ago.

I'm assuming announced trades have gone through the NFL office and protocol and all that, so I wonder what gives.

Anyway... I'll probably be using NFL.com's official one to double check things now. I would just use it straight up, but it doesn't copy/paste very well.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:00 PM 03-27-2020
The Carolina Panthers select Jeremy Chinn, S/LB, Southern Illinois

After missing out on Simmons in the 1st, the Panthers get a similar chess piece that is also freaky athletic with great size/length.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:03 PM 03-27-2020
1. Derrick Brown, DT Auburn
2. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah.
3. Jeremy Chinn, S/LB, Southern Illinois

That is quite the haul defensively for the Panthers if I say so myself.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:04 PM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1. Derrick Brown, DT Auburn
2. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah.
3. Jeremy Chinn, S/LB, Southern Illinois

That is quite the haul defensively for the Panthers if I say so myself.
It can happen when you are shitty.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up