ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 795 of 3903
« First < 295695745785791792793794795 79679779879980584589512951795 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 03:05 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just how ****ing obtuse are you Donger? This is what I responded to.
Not at all. Like I said, are you going to say to someone here who losses someone, "Well, that's too bad, but our deaths per million is much lower than other countries. That's the important number."?

And with that, I'm done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I mentioned this yesterday but I exchanged four propane tanks yesterday from a company that normally services restaurants but since those have all closed, they've pivoted to residential deliveries.

For barely $1 dollar more than I could drive down and exchange myself, I had four tanks delivered to my home. And after picking up about 80 pounds of ground beef, tri-tip, red snapper, salmon, shrimp and chicken, I'm good for months. :-)
We butchered a cow about 2 months ago but it was either the sickliest !@#$ing cow ever or we got robbed by the butcher (I'm thinking a little of A, little of B).

I got about 12 steaks out of it, maybe 80 lbs of ground beef, a shitload of roasts and all of it absurdly lean so it makes terrible burgers. The guy I split it with refused to argue with the local boy even though there's no way those guys didn't steal our strip steaks and half the ribeyes. Been doing cows for about 8 years now, I know how much !@#$ing meat they make.

But I have a sous vide to make those roasts into pretty tasty stuff and a Ninja Foodi to take advantage of the fact that people evidently don't eat chicken wings in a crisis (only chicken I could find). About 10 lbs of various fish/shrimp. Probably another 10 lbs of random things I've barbecued/frozen. About 40 lbs of ground beef left.

Yeah - we probably have a couple months of food if we needed to go that route. Coming up with variety will be the tough part and sides are a chore (oh yeah, canned green beans again...)
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:06 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Not at all. Like I said, are you going to say to someone here who losses someone, "Well, that's too bad, but our deaths per million is much lower than other countries. That's the important number."?

And with that, I'm done.
You are a fucking loon.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:08 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We butchered a cow about 2 months ago but it was either the sickliest !@#$ing cow ever or we got robbed by the butcher (I'm thinking a little of A, little of B).

I got about 12 steaks out of it, maybe 80 lbs of ground beef, a shitload of roasts and all of it absurdly lean so it makes terrible burgers. The guy I split it with refused to argue with the local boy even though there's no way those guys didn't steal our strip steaks and half the ribeyes. Been doing cows for about 8 years now, I know how much !@#$ing meat they make.

But I have a sous vide to make those roasts into pretty tasty stuff and a Ninja Foodi to take advantage of the fact that people evidently don't eat chicken wings in a crisis (only chicken I could find). About 10 lbs of various fish/shrimp. Probably another 10 lbs of random things I've barbecued/frozen. About 40 lbs of ground beef left.

Yeah - we probably have a couple months of food if we needed to go that route. Coming up with variety will be the tough part and sides are a chore (oh yeah, canned green beans again...)
Pics of your meat?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:09 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
At least here, curfew is giving police an excuse to pull over people just going to work at 5:30am. 10pm-6am is ridiculous.
Some of the mayors/government officials issuing the curfews are apparently enjoying the personal powers/authority they have discovered during this ordeal.

For example the city of Miami issued a curfew which includes the restriction of only being able to go out and walk your dog within 250 yards of your residence from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.

So if you are walking your dog and practicing social distancing 300 yards from your residence at 11 p.m. is that somehow contributing to the spread of COVID-19?

It is just stupid shit that puts needless restrictions on people.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:10 PM 03-26-2020
Knowing an ER with an update is the new 12" dick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:11 PM 03-26-2020
I'm just going to steal BWillie's thunder now.

WE'RE NO. 1! WE'RE NO. 1! WE'RE NO. 1! WE'RE NO. 1!

USA! USA! USA!

[Reply]
BWillie 03:13 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
1,177 deaths / 81,943 cases = .01436
Nope.

80,854 total cases.
1,864 recovered.
1,163 deaths.
That is only 3,027 cases where a result has occurred.

This means that 77,827 cases are still active. Is that active cases correct? Probably not perfect, but being that the majority of our cases are new within the last one and a half weeks you can conclude by far and wide most of our cases have not had a result yet. Thus you cannot include in determining any mortality rate.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:13 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

And with that, I'm done.
How is this adding to anything?
[Reply]
Donger 03:15 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I really wish the world would figure out the difference between a mortality rate and CFR. But I'm kind of giving up on that battle.
This helped me understand the differences better:

As an example, consider two populations. One population consists of 1,000 people; 300 of these people have the specified disease, 100 of whom die from the disease. In this case, the mortality rate for the disease is 100 ÷ 1,000 = 0.1, or 10 percent. The case fatality rate is 100 ÷ 300 = 0.33, or 33 percent. The second population also has 1,000 people; 50 people have the disease and 40 die from it. Here the mortality rate is 40 ÷ 1,000 = 0.04, or 4 percent; the case fatality rate, however, is 40 ÷ 50 = 0.8, or 80 percent. The incidence of death from the disease is higher in the first population, but the severity of disease is greater in the second.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:16 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Nope.

80,854 total cases.
1,864 recovered.
1,163 deaths.

This means that 77,827 cases are still active. Is that active cases correct? Probably not perfect, but being that the majority of our cases are new within the last one and a half weeks you can conclude by far and wide most of our cases have not had a result yet. Thus you cannot include in determining any mortality rate.
I get what you're saying, but I think it's silly to say 35% of the people who get this are going to die.
[Reply]
Donger 03:16 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
How is this adding to anything?
Notice he didn't answer?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:16 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm just going to steal BWillie's thunder now.

WE'RE NO. 1! WE'RE NO. 1! WE'RE NO. 1! WE'RE NO. 1!

USA! USA! USA!

What a ride upsetting the overall #1 seed in China. Nobody saw this coming. Trumps bracket is shot.
[Reply]
Donger 03:17 PM 03-26-2020
Nope.

80,854 total cases.
1,864 recovered.
1,163 deaths.

I think everyone gets that the number is fluid, but it's what we have as I said earlier. You didn't run the numbers based on what you say we should be using. Why not?
[Reply]
Monticore 03:17 PM 03-26-2020
Nope.

80,854 total cases.
1,864 recovered.
1,163 deaths.

I don't think people that recover are getting tested, so those numbers are off I am sure
[Reply]
Page 795 of 3903
« First < 295695745785791792793794795 79679779879980584589512951795 > Last »
Up