ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 119
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:52 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You've never said any of this before. And I suspect it's mostly just an emotional reaction to one bad game.

KU is and will be completely fine this year and have been very impressive on the whole prior to this game this season.
Thru the many family & friends that I have watched all 9 games prior to today's telecast ( that I can not see, can't comment on it ) and have told all of them I do not like the make up of this team this year. We are over rated for the the type of team we have.

We do not have the talent to be a team playing outside in or inside out. We do not rebound well. We do not have shooters consistent enough to shoot one dimensional, BOMBS AWAY. We do not have a transition team and is horrible getting back on defense.

"What more " do I need to say?

But you are correct, if you can't do the above as I listed..... BOMBS AWAY. But again, it's just too many opportunities for failure.
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:56 PM 01-02-2021
KU was 7th defensively in the country before this game. Defense is not an issue for the team. It's actually their strength.
That's going to change real soon since conference is in, the teams we have played wasn't playing very well either.

I'm afraid many of my fellow Jayhawk friends here are going to be disappointed with this years team come Feb.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:58 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
That's going to change real soon since conference is in, the teams we have played wasn't playing very well either.

I'm afraid many of my fellow Jayhawk friends here are going to be disappointed with this years team come Feb.
That's nice, but KU had beaten the 11th, 13th, and 16th ranked teams in KenPom over the past four games coming into this one. They've been doing just fine.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:00 PM 01-02-2021
That was interesting.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:03 PM 01-02-2021
That's nice, but KU had beaten the 11th, 13th, and 16th ranked teams in KenPom over the past four games coming into this one. They've been doing just fine.
Keep telling yourself that, it helps to ease the pain of the blowouts and the several losses' this team will take this year.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:03 PM 01-02-2021

Yes, now we're going to play all the tough teams unlike those really bad teams we've played thus far.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:05 PM 01-02-2021
Keep telling yourself that, it helps to ease the pain of the blowouts and the several losses' this team will take this year.
Where was all this talk during the eight game win streak they just came out of against one of the toughest schedules in basketball? :-)

It's a bad loss against an elite team, it's not the end of the world.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:06 PM 01-02-2021
I'M OVERREACTING TO A LOSS!!1!!11!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:10 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'M OVERREACTING TO A LOSS!!1!!11!
With as difficult as the B12 is this year (there may legitimately be five teams at or around the top 10 in the country), there's going to be plenty more losses to come this year. It's going to be a season of whining I guess.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:13 PM 01-02-2021
I haven't watched them at all before today and have been very impressed. They've taken KU out of everything they've tried to do offensively and forced long 2s all the game from the perimeter (which they have contested well due to their length). They are a serious force this year.
Yeah. It turned into a toughness game that we got destroyed in. We have the talent to be competitive against UT but we have to operate against defensive pressure which we did not do.

This is a different game with Mason or Dotsons capacity to run the offense against pressure. Even if they don’t score.

UT might be a to 4 team, I haven’t watched a ton of non-KU ball. But KU put up an unranked level effort regardless of where UT is slotted.

This game was there even after the crap start. And they rolled over.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:13 PM 01-02-2021
With as difficult as the B12 is this year (there may legitimately be five teams at or around the top 10 in the country), there's going to be plenty more losses to come this year. It's going to be a season of whining I guess.
I'm expecting us to finish between #10-#15 nationally, probably 2nd/3rd big 12. Especially with how tough the big 12 is.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:17 PM 01-02-2021
Where was all this talk during the eight game win streak they just came out of against one of the toughest schedules in basketball? :-)

It's a bad loss against an elite team, it's not the end of the world.
WVU had a shitty night while we were HOT.

Creighton is not as good as previously mentioned.

Texas Tech had an off night, we did play some good defense that night, still lucky to win that game.

UK was dogshit and we barely won it.

Care to go on ?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:22 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. It turned into a toughness game that we got destroyed in. We have the talent to be competitive against UT but we have to operate against defensive pressure which we did not do.

This is a different game with Mason or Dotsons capacity to run the offense against pressure. Even if they don’t score.

UT might be a to 4 team, I haven’t watched a ton of non-KU ball. But KU put up an unranked level effort regardless of where UT is slotted.

This game was there even after the crap start. And they rolled over.
Intensity wasn’t there from the start, but KU completely gave up about midway through the 2nd half in response to UT hitting all their shots. Led to the end of game blowout. Some of that was probably a product of the extended layoff too. I don’t think the talent disparity is significant between the two teams but UT was ready and had a game plan that worked and we weren’t and didn’t.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:22 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm expecting us to finish between #10-#15 nationally, probably 2nd/3rd big 12. Especially with how tough the big 12 is.
I would say your 10-15 is right about right.

2nd - 3rd, I disagree, sadly we will finish 4th this year.

We have no true point guard that Bill is playing, I said, playing. We have nobody out there to make a play.

The list of of failures is too many on this team.

Braun, when he is hitting is great, problem is it's too many games in between.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:24 PM 01-02-2021
WVU had a shitty night while we were HOT.

Creighton is not as good as previously mentioned.

Texas Tech had an off night, we did play some good defense that night, still lucky to win that game.

UK was dogshit and we barely won it.

Care to go on ?
So every good win we had was because the other team had an off night or simply isn’t good (despite being good against everyone else—UK excluded). That’s convenient. Funny how none of this was never mentioned before today too.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 119
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up