ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What Are You Microwaving Tonight?
KurtCobain 10:57 PM 08-05-2020
Just had a mean banquet chicken pot pie and now I'm tossing in a single sausage/pancake on a stick thing for dessert!

Don't be shy, share your best microwave recipes!
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:26 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Two is all we've got here as well. I get it though... it takes preparation and figuring out meals ahead of time. Part of my role in this homestead is figuring that shit out and putting out a varied menu. Like, 1lb of ground beef will last us 2 to 3 meals but its all gotta get used within a week of purchase/thaw.

Today I butchered a chicken and will get 3 meals out of it. That means, though, that I am eating chicken 3 times this week. Gonna try a butter chicken curry on Friday. I'm betting I have leftovers then though it being a new dish to me and all.

I try to make dishes that are stove-top reheating friendly though to get past the microwave. TBH, what inspired this change was that I hated the consistency of a lot of the food that came out of the microwave.
I get not cooking in a microwave. My mom used to cook hamburgers with one, she'd pull out the plate and it's sitting in a pool of grease with some kind of slime all over it and not brown at all. Completely disgusting.

But I've never noticed too much difference when reheating something.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:27 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I get not cooking in a microwave. My mom used to cook hamburgers with one, she'd pull out the plate and it's sitting in a pool of grease with some kind of slime all over it and not brown at all. Completely disgusting.

That actually sounds really good.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:30 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
That actually sounds really good.
No, it's not. At all. If you want a hamburger fast get one of those George Foreman grills. You can cook a burger in 3 minutes and it's really good.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:32 PM 08-05-2020
That sounds a little too healthy.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:33 PM 08-05-2020

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:34 PM 08-05-2020
My mom cooked a salmon in the microwave once. I don't mean one of those cheap frozen fillets either. I was aghast... and I don't even eat fish.

Originally Posted by :
I'm probably just over sensitive to texture in food. Even slight variations from what I'm expecting will put me off of food.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:34 PM 08-05-2020
That sounds a little too healthy.

It doesn't have to be. We'd throw bacon straight on with them and it cooks right along with the burger. Throw it on a buttered bun and the result will take at least a couple hours off your life.
[Reply]
scho63 11:34 PM 08-05-2020
The Neighbor's Annoying Cat
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:36 PM 08-05-2020
You put the whole box into the microwave? What do you do when there is more than one left... is that when you use a plate?

/no judgement, I'm always looking for shortcuts
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:36 PM 08-05-2020
You put the whole box into the microwave? What do you do when there is more than one left... is that when you use a plate?

/no judgement, I'm always looking for shortcuts
Paper towel.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:38 PM 08-05-2020
My mom cooked a salmon in the microwave once. I don't mean one of those cheap frozen fillets either. I was aghast... and I don't even eat fish.

I'm probably just over sensitive to texture in food. Even slight variations from what I'm expecting will put me off of food.
I am when it comes to vegetables, they cannot be frozen. That's why I hated the pot pies Joey mentioned in the other thread so much. The taste and texture of the veggies in them are just off.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:40 PM 08-05-2020
Don't vegetables always start out as frozen?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:40 PM 08-05-2020
:-) I am intrigued and wish to subscribe to your YouTube channel.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:41 PM 08-05-2020
Don't vegetables always start out as frozen?
Well I suppose if you wait until December or January to pick them.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:43 PM 08-05-2020
I am when it comes to vegetables, they cannot be frozen. That's why I hated the pot pies Joey mentioned in the other thread so much. The taste and texture of the veggies in them are just off.
Frozen broccoli is my jam. Perfect as a side and perfect in my cheddar broccoli potato soup. The only other veg I freeze, currently, is peas and carrots.

Come next spring I intend to grow so many potatoes that I'm gonna gave to shred/cube and freeze them for long term storage though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up