ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What Are You Microwaving Tonight?
KurtCobain 10:57 PM 08-05-2020
Just had a mean banquet chicken pot pie and now I'm tossing in a single sausage/pancake on a stick thing for dessert!

Don't be shy, share your best microwave recipes!
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:02 PM 08-05-2020
Hot water

Fill coffee cup with water, microwave 60 seconds.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:03 PM 08-05-2020
Progressive soup
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:04 PM 08-05-2020
I don't own a microwave. Haven't for 3-4 years now and I don't miss it one bit.

I'm sorry I can't be of further help to you. I understand that microwave brownies are a simple and easy sweet treat though!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:06 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Progressive soup

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:08 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:

I'm sorry I can't be of further help to you. I understand that microwave brownies are a simple and easy sweet treat though!
So you throw everything into a regular oven to reheat it? If so, you have a level of patience I can only dream about. It's a goddamn crisis in my home when a microwave dies.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:10 PM 08-05-2020

Wait, if you don't own a microwave, then how do you make microwaved prison fudge?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:10 PM 08-05-2020
Chunky soup used to be really good back in the day, but the last time I had a can I was extremely disappointed at how far the quality had fallen over the years.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:13 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
So you throw everything into a regular oven to reheat it? If so, you have a level of patience I can only dream about. It's a goddamn crisis in my home when a microwave dies.
I actually try to cook to where there are no left overs as much as possible. Almost everything we eat is freshly cooked.

For the things that are left-over. Either throw it in the oven or onto a pan on the stove-top depending what it is.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:14 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
Wait, if you don't own a microwave, then how do you make microwaved prison fudge?
I don't have one now... but I used to make it when I did have one.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:14 PM 08-05-2020
I don't have one now... but I used to make it when I did have one.
Ah. Okay.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:16 PM 08-05-2020
I actually try to cook to where there are no left overs as much as possible. Almost everything we eat is freshly cooked.

For the things that are left-over. Either throw it in the oven or onto a pan on the stove-top depending what it is.
It's kind of tough to cook for just two people and not have leftovers. And i don't mind because then I have something for lunches other than sandwiches or fast food.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:16 PM 08-05-2020
Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes....just as good as home made.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:23 PM 08-05-2020
if you want to make some really good fudge, You'll need:

A microwave
a large, clear plastic bowl
A smaller bowl
A hard plastic spoon
A bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup
Two boxes of sugar cubes
1 jar of peanut butter
Two packages of duplex cream cookies
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:23 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
It's kind of tough to cook for just two people and not have leftovers. And i don't mind because then I have something for lunches other than sandwiches or fast food.
Two is all we've got here as well. I get it though... it takes preparation and figuring out meals ahead of time. Part of my role in this homestead is figuring that shit out and putting out a varied menu. Like, 1lb of ground beef will last us 2 to 3 meals but its all gotta get used within a week of purchase/thaw.

Today I butchered a chicken and will get 3 meals out of it. That means, though, that I am eating chicken 3 times this week. Gonna try a butter chicken curry on Friday. I'm betting I have leftovers then though it being a new dish to me and all.

I try to make dishes that are stove-top reheating friendly though to get past the microwave. TBH, what inspired this change was that I hated the consistency of a lot of the food that came out of the microwave.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up