ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone have their gallbladder removed?
Reroka 06:16 AM 08-04-2020
I just had my removed yesterday and my stomach hurts like hell. Is this normal?
[Reply]
Monticore 06:22 AM 08-04-2020
I never had mine removed but deal with people who have on a daily basis, post op symptoms can vary from person to person depending on many factors, your surgery was pretty recent so it could be normal but if it persists I would call your doctor to check with him see what he thinks .

Was a lap or open surgery, where there any complications, did you have Cholecystitis , do you have a fever/chills, is the Doctor missing his watch?
[Reply]
Meatloaf 06:31 AM 08-04-2020
I had mine removed several years ago. I don't recall having any stomach pain, and no further issues at all. I'd be giving my doc a call just to make sure the pain is typical; plus, it'll ease your mind if nothing else.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:38 AM 08-04-2020
The first thing I would do after having an organ removed and experiencing unexpected pain, is to consult with the medical experts on ChiefsPlanet.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:17 AM 08-04-2020
Yes. Had mine out in 2012. A little pain is normal. You just had an organ removed. Consult your doc if it’s bad but it’s not abnormal to feel some discomfort. Best advice I ever got **disclaimer- not medical advice. Consult your doctor, etc** was to get some ox bile pills (any vitamin store like $10 bucks for a 90 day supply) and take 1-2 when I eat fatty foods like anything fried or lots of meat. Works like a charm. I just can’t do super spicy food anymore. Otherwise I eat what I want.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:27 AM 08-04-2020
My dad had his out a few years back, i remember he had shooting pains for a day or so after. I'd call the doc to be sure though.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:27 AM 08-04-2020
they might have left a tool in your tummy area
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:38 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yes. Had mine out in 2012. A little pain is normal. You just had an organ removed. Consult your doc if it’s bad but it’s not abnormal to feel some discomfort. Best advice I ever got **disclaimer- not medical advice. Consult your doctor, etc** was to get some ox bile pills (any vitamin store like $10 bucks for a 90 day supply) and take 1-2 when I eat fatty foods like anything fried or lots of meat. Works like a charm. I just can’t do super spicy food anymore. Otherwise I eat what I want.
my wife had hers out, and I second what you mentioned.

She simply cannot eat crappy food or fatty meat without experiencing quite a bit of pain.

While that might suck for your taste buds - it's better for your overall health anyways.

The pain she had right after surgery was pretty bad - hurt like hell for her to get out bed.

I finally got revenge for when she was calling me out for my post-op hernia pain!
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:18 AM 08-04-2020
It's probably a cell phone.

I had mine removed and I remember being pretty uncomfortable for a few days. I didn't take any pain pills stronger than ibuprofin.

The first 2-3 days I remember pain in my shoulders from body absorbing the gas they use to blow you up like a Thanksgiving float so expect that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:23 AM 08-04-2020
This is why you don't flirt with strange women in hotel bars.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:32 AM 08-04-2020
not yet.
[Reply]
Reroka 08:51 AM 08-04-2020
Thanks for the responses.

just hurts like hell to laugh or sit up.

I mean I am not like OMG I am about to die stomach pain. I just wondering.

Thanks all.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:56 AM 08-04-2020
Did you have this done at a strip mall?

They did surgery in your abdomen, it's going to be uncomfortable. If you think something is wrong, call your doctor.
[Reply]
bsp4444 08:56 AM 08-04-2020
If they use that Da Vinci technology, like they did on me, they shoot your body full of air. The next two days are that air looking for its way out. Hurt like hell.
I never had to change my diet...got lucky there.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:59 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Reroka:
I just had my removed yesterday and my stomach hurts like hell. Is this normal?
Thank you for choosing to consult with the doctors at Chiefsplanet. You’ve come to the right place.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up