ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Expectations for Gay this year?
Couch-Potato 06:35 PM 08-03-2020
LB seems to be a weakness of ours? What are our expectations of Willie Gay Jr this year?
[Reply]
eDave 08:04 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Billay will blow you for a shot of bourbon.
He's a chip off the old mom's block.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:36 PM 08-03-2020
He’s inexperienced and didn’t have a true offseason to even get acclimated...so my expectations are low....but this kid has the real deal written all over him. If we get a full season, Gay will be blowing men up all over the field by week 10.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:42 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s inexperienced and didn’t have a true offseason to even get acclimated...so my expectations are low....but this kid has the real deal written all over him. If we get a full season, Gay will be blowing men up all over the field by week 10.
Completely agree.

I think he’s going to be excellent by the end of his 2nd year, and we’ll have a coaching staff that’ll ensure he’s at least really good as he gets up to speed.

If you believe your defense needs to keep that pissed off edge that Badger and Clark bring, Gay is a natural progression.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:46 PM 08-03-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
You homophobic assholes
Better to get it out now, the willie gay word play will be passé any day
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 04:58 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
If you believe your defense needs to keep that pissed off edge that Badger and Clark bring, Gay is a natural progression.
"That's Championship Swagger Dawg"
[Reply]
O.city 07:29 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
CEH played in Payton's system so I don't expect him to have any problems, whatsoever.

Most of the other guys will need at least the first 8 weeks of the season to get up to speed, although it's very possible that one of the other rookies makes a quick and seamless transition.

But considering the Chiefs are bringing back 20 of 22 starters and have most certainly upgraded their Running Back room, they should be way ahead of the Curve and probably every other franchise.
They're only gonna get 14 padded practices total and no preseason games, so i'm just tempering my expectations.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:21 AM 08-04-2020
The mere fact that Gay has elite athleticism instantly makes him an upgrade over Ragland. He won’t be there mentally for the first 6-8 games, but but they don’t need him doing a ton of complicated shit.

Have him cover good RB’s out of the backfield and matchup on TE’s. That alone is worlds better than what we had before.
[Reply]
Jerok 08:27 AM 08-04-2020
I've always wanted a gay willie to handle balls. I think the Chiefs have the best gay willie who will be around balls all day.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:05 AM 08-04-2020
All pro or bust.
[Reply]
stanleychief 01:10 PM 08-04-2020
Hopefully he finds a way to get penetration up the middle this season. Perhaps even find a tight end or two and really stick it to 'em. He might be just the guy to block the Browns from getting to the Superbowl.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The mere fact that Gay has elite athleticism instantly makes him an upgrade over Ragland. He won’t be there mentally for the first 6-8 games, but but they don’t need him doing a ton of complicated shit.

Have him cover good RB’s out of the backfield and matchup on TE’s. That alone is worlds better than what we had before.
Athleticism can be overrated when the football IQ isn't there. See: Dorian O'Daniel. In Spags' scheme, if he can't get the mental part down, he won't play. Hopefully he can get it down by midseason or even a little later but I don't expect to see him taking full-time snaps until next year.

Then again, he could be like Juan Thornhill and be 80% there on day 1. It's all going to be about how many mental mistakes he's making and if the risk is worth it.
[Reply]
58-4ever 02:07 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Billay will blow you for a shot of bourbon.
You could even short him a bit.... with the shot and your cock.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:35 PM 08-04-2020
Either blitz him or let him drop into coverage. He will excel in those positions. If he has to play in space and take the right angle to tackle someone it won't be pretty.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:12 PM 08-04-2020
Gay had a very nice pass breakup when he was one on one be Helaire
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:13 PM 08-04-2020

We see you, @WillieG___ 👀 pic.twitter.com/dWTkkmNHTB

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) August 4, 2020

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up