ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 07:32 PM 03-02-2020
Very saddened to hear although he is in a better place. I can't imagine going through the health problems he was going through. RIP FMB.
[Reply]
Bump 08:08 PM 03-02-2020
That's sad. I didn't really interact with him much, but he seemed to love food and I am glad that he got to at least see the Chiefs win a Superbowl before he passed. Rest in peace.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I just realized that I never actually posted my condolences in the thread. I knew FMB has had a hard road these past few years, but he only talked about it sporadically. As I recall, he wasn't able to get out much at times. I can only hope that CP helped him to get through some of the tough times.

RIP
I know he enjoyed sharing his love of smoking meat on here with us. He was sooo good at it and we loved his tips and the results he pulled out of his own smoker.

He’d post that he’d been gone for a week getting a new tube put in etc. apologize for not responding earlier. Must have been a helluva nice guy in real life too.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:57 PM 03-02-2020
My condolences to his family, he always seemed to be a genuine guy. The world needs more genuine guys.

My takeaways aren't food threads because I wasn't a regular participant. I'll remember the fun we had with him in his thread about catching a coworker flogging the dolphin at his desk, and the valentine assistance I was able to provide him a couple of years ago.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:57 PM 03-02-2020
Well crap! This is not what I was expecting to see! RIP Fire Me Boy!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:59 PM 03-02-2020
My new-found love for Sous Vide is 100% credited to FMB. He's a God!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:00 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
My condolences to his family, he a,ways seemed to be a genuine guy. The world needs more genuine guys.

My takeaways aren't food threads because I wasn't a regular participant. I'll remember the fun we had with him in his thread about catching a coworker flogging the dolphin at his desk, and the valentine assistance I was able to provide him a couple of years ago.
Yes! Hall of classics!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110435

He was also a movie critic back in the day. He took alot of heat in the media forum for being firmly against movie pirating.
[Reply]
Munson 09:26 PM 03-02-2020
RIP FMB.

At least he got to witness the greatness of Mahomes, and a Super Bowl victory.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 10:35 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
i had a conversation with him a few years back. i was trying to be funny. said some really cold hearted bullshit. once i had a clearer head, i reached out and apologized.
he accepted me for being a dipshit.
will miss his food posts, he was a great dude.

rest in peace.
thank you for letting us know, luv.
Don't feel that bad. I've noticed FMB wasn't always the greatest at interpreting sarcasm through the written word, other than that, he brought tons of fantastic content to the CP community and he'll be greatly missed.
Waaay too young, RIP.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:40 PM 03-02-2020
I loved you in the lounge, disagreed with you in DC but always enjoyed the interaction and posts... Godspeed FMB!
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:01 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yes! Hall of classics!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110435

He was also a movie critic back in the day. He took alot of heat in the media forum for being firmly against movie pirating.
Oh man. That story was one for the ages
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 11:18 PM 03-02-2020
Wow horrible man, for awhile I just stayed around to read his and Pablo's posts in the food thread... seemed like a hell of a guy .. godspeed FMB...
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 03:43 AM 03-03-2020
FMB will live on here in many conversations and in many hearts for years to come.
[Reply]
scho63 03:54 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I feel like we've lost a lot of guys over the years.
I know this might sound morbid but I think it's time for CP to start a new section titled: "In Memory" for all the CP members who we know have passed with their user name, date they joined, date they passed, their age and a great thread to remind us of them along with any info about their memorial.

While it might be a downer for some, celebrating someone's life and the good things we remember about them on some anonymous internet board is a pretty remarkable thing when you really get right down into it. I think 99.5% of everyone here really likes each other regardless of our creed, race, color, or religion, standing in life or other differences,

I like to be reminded about people like Lonewolf Ed who shared his brave battle with cancer with all of us and never lost his sense of humor. Now we have FMB with his Beetus Battle and Food threads.

Just a thought......:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:08 AM 03-03-2020
Ih dam I didn't see this :'(
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up