ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 153
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Fish 02:16 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
FYI, last night's episode of The Mandalorian was directed by Deborah Chow, who was recently announced as the Showrunner for the upcoming Obi Wan Kenobi series.

From this vantage point, I think that series is in good hands.
That might be a very good thing. This episode was incredible.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:51 PM 11-23-2019
Neither Jango Fett or his clone, Boba, were true Mandalorians, something Favreau drove home last night's episode.
Boba Fett was the Brodie Croyle of bounty hunters.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:59 PM 11-23-2019
Neither Jango Fett or his clone, Boba, were true Mandalorians, something Favreau drove home last night's episode.
Yep, traitors
[Reply]
Valiant 06:23 PM 11-24-2019
What are we considering true? People from mandalor or kids raised in the beliefs who don't take off their helmets? Was boba Fett in th background?

Judge dredd is a mandalorian?
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:23 PM 11-25-2019
The feminists are coming for the Madalorian:

https://www.insider.com/the-mandalor...Q88GGCq4jdU3NA
[Reply]
listopencil 02:19 AM 11-26-2019
FYI, last night's episode of The Mandalorian was directed by Deborah Chow, who was recently announced as the Showrunner for the upcoming Obi Wan Kenobi series.

From this vantage point, I think that series is in good hands.

Holy shit. That's fantastic news. I really, really want some quality Star Wars content. The universe is huge and the characters are rich. I want to believe that there are storytellers out there who are worthy of the material...and that episode kicked ass.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:20 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:

They can go fuck themselves.
[Reply]
Fish 08:43 AM 11-26-2019

[Reply]
luv 09:15 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:

I went through and read just a piece of this. Sounds like fans of the show overreacted to her initial tweet following the first episode. Of course, she then responds to that overreaction, and now it's a big feminist thing. I don't think it would have been as big of a thing if people hadn't responded to her the way they did.

That said, my bit on feminism is that, in the 60's and 70's, feminism was about liberation. Nowadays, it seems to be women playing the victim card. Are there areas that need improvement? Sure. Is there still male chauvinism? Sure. Society's not perfect. Fight the fight when it needs to be fought. I just don't think it needs to be fought over something that you can simply turn off if you don't want to watch it.

All that said, going back to her initial tweet, I thought the Mandalorian making the armor was a woman.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:25 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
I went through and read just a piece of this. Sounds like fans of the show overreacted to her initial tweet following the first episode. Of course, she then responds to that overreaction, and now it's a big feminist thing. I don't think it would have been as big of a thing if people hadn't responded to her the way they did.

That said, my bit on feminism is that, in the 60's and 70's, feminism was about liberation. Nowadays, it seems to be women playing the victim card. Are there areas that need improvement? Sure. Is there still male chauvinism? Sure. Society's not perfect. Fight the fight when it needs to be fought. I just don't think it needs to be fought over something that you can simply turn off if you don't want to watch it.

All that said, going back to her initial tweet, I thought the Mandalorian making the armor was a woman.
Had to be. No way it isn't.
[Reply]
Sorry 07:11 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by luv:

Has a feminine voice and appears to be a superior (think captain and mando and the crew as beat cops).
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 08:44 AM 11-27-2019
It's definitely a woman, played by Emily Swallow. And yes she's supposed to be the leader, one article I saw listed the character as a blacksmith chieftain.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:36 AM 11-28-2019
Holy shit. Just finished episode 3 and I’m loving this so far.

Honestly, I was pretty burned out on Star Wars before this. This is great. A lot of love and care went into this and it shows.

More please!
[Reply]
Frazod 08:39 AM 11-28-2019
Based on Dane's advice with the timing, I'll probably bite the Disney bullet and subscribe today, so I can watch it all in a single month and then jettison.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:32 AM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
It's definitely a woman, played by Emily Swallow. And yes she's supposed to be the leader, one article I saw listed the character as a blacksmith chieftain.
If you didn't know, Emily Swallow is hot af. She has a recurring role on Supernatural if you have never seen her before. That she's a Mandalorian chieftain just adds to her hotness.

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Holy shit. Just finished episode 3 and I’m loving this so far.

Honestly, I was pretty burned out on Star Wars before this. This is great. A lot of love and care went into this and it shows.

More please!
Exactly where I found myself.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 153
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up