ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
ScareCrowe 11:24 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Hmm, have you driven the newer, last 5 years, 4 door pickups or the Denali Yukon? They ride and have more comfortable seats than any large domestic sedan and most sedans under $40K.
Well yes an $80,000 truck/SUV will probably have more comfortable seats that a $30,000 sedan, but that's not really a fair comparison.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:28 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Well yes an $80,000 truck/SUV will probably have more comfortable seats that a $30,000 sedan, but that's not really a fair comparison.
They don't cost $80K and it was his parameters that I was working within for the comparison.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:15 PM 11-27-2019
They don't cost $80K and it was his parameters that I was working within for the comparison.
Yukon Denali definitely costs 75 anyway.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 03:18 PM 11-27-2019
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by his parameters, the quote you responded to was in essence saying it is stupid for people to buy a truck when they don't actually use the truck functionality. I believe his point was that you can get a comfortable car for cheaper than a comfortable truck. Therefore it is stupid to pay more for truck features you never use.

I don't see how pointing out that a Yukon Denali that at the bare bones minimum is 68k MSRP would be more comfortable than any car below $40,000 has anything to do with that. Of course any vehicle that costs $30,000 more will generally have more comfortable seats. If you buy a $70,000 Mercedes sedan it will probably have more comfortable seats than any truck under $40,000, that's just common sense.

GM's flagship sedan the Impala in it's Premier trim package I'm sure uses similar materials for the seats that the Yukon Denali's use (it is the same manufacturer after all), but the vehicle starts over $30k cheaper. You're not paying for seats with that extra money the biggest things are the bigger motor, suspension, frame etc. that if you aren't towing/hauling anything are completely unnecessary.

Even if you need something 4wd you can get a Denali Terrain which would have the same Denali seats for about $40K.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:01 PM 11-26-2019
One thing that’s odd about it is that it is so streamlined that it actually looks much lower and smaller than it is. Clearance looks low, headspace looks small, and the bed seems non existent. I imagine that alone is something truck people would have a hard time getting past.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:08 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One thing that’s odd about it is that it is so streamlined that it actually looks much lower and smaller than it is. Clearance looks low, headspace looks small, and the bed seems non existent. I imagine that alone is something truck people would have a hard time getting past.
Clearance is 6 inches more than anything in class, the bed is 4.5' X 6.5' and headspace for the driver is more than any trick on the market.

I get it. You guys think it's ugly and it's electric so I hate it. But it literally outperforms any F- 150 in everyday outside of a full-size 8ft bed.

Y'all are grasping at straws.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bowener 08:41 AM 11-27-2019
For everyone complaining that it isn't and can never be a work truck: This isn't meant for you.

This is meant for the guys that drive $70,000 fully loaded half tons stuffed with leather seats and trim, bose audio, heating and cooling seats, etc. As somebody said above, think of it as an electric SUV with an open cargo area.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:08 AM 11-27-2019

The evolution of the truck is here. Guaranteed shatterproof �� pic.twitter.com/RocTEkzzwI

— LEGO (@LEGO_Group) November 27, 2019

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:09 AM 11-27-2019

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:28 AM 11-27-2019
I'll bet $20 this thing either never hits the road or comes out in some form that looks a lot more like a normal truck.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:42 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'll bet $20 this thing either never hits the road or comes out in some form that looks a lot more like a normal truck.
I'd be in on that if it weren't for the vagueness of what "looks more like a normal truck" means. Elon isn't known for starting things he won't finish, so I think you can be pretty confident that it'll come out eventually. And while I think they might tweak a few things in the look, I don't think you'll see them shift to a completely "normal look."

The timeline regarding when it comes out, however, is highly variable based on his past.
[Reply]
kstater 12:44 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd be in on that if it weren't for the vagueness of what "looks more like a normal truck" means. Elon isn't known for starting things he won't finish, so I think you can be pretty confident that it'll come out eventually. And while I think they might tweak a few things in the look, I don't think you'll see them shift to a completely "normal look."

The timeline regarding when it comes out, however, is highly variable based on his past.
At a minimum he's gonna have to put side mirrors and headlights on it to even make it street legal

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 12:49 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:
At a minimum he's gonna have to put side mirrors and headlights on it to even make it street legal

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Well, yeah. It's pretty common for manufacturers to introduce their cars without those kinds of things, but they obviously have to add them to make them legal. I guess that's my issue with the "bet." Adding mirrors and lights will make it look "more like a normal truck," but that's hardly surprising.

For what it's worth, here's Telsa's roadster concept. No mirrors. But they'll be added by the time they reach production.

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:12 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:

I think it will have a lot more bends and a more obvious bed and more functional windows for viewing the road. It won't have curves so it will still be going for that angular stealth thing.

Unlike you I also think there's a chance it never comes to market and everyone just gets their money back. The tunnel thing he built in LA is basically a complete fraud.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:17 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think it will have a lot more bends and a more obvious bed and more functional windows for viewing the road. It won't have curves so it will still be going for that angular stealth thing.

Unlike you I also think there's a chance it never comes to market and everyone just gets their money back. The tunnel thing he built in LA is basically a complete fraud.
It's not completed or anything, but they're starting to dig their tunnel system in Vegas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-digs-n1084131
[Reply]
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up