ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 282 of 386
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283284285286292332382 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:44 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Completely agreed.

Dany's not the mad queen, but she's a ruthless conquerer. The choice is whether or not a ruthless conquerer should be a ruler at all - which I think is GRRM's overall point.
Where the heck are you getting this ruthless crap from? She didn't send her Dothraki raging across the lands raping and pillaging. She didn't kill all the soldiers who were captured after the battle, she killed TWO btw, TWO. I don't think you have a freaking clue what ruthless means. And this is what I mean. The people who are upset are up against a wave of idiocy like this nonsense you just spouted.
[Reply]
Fish 12:57 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I thought it was kind of dumb that they just walked right up and demanded surrender after they just casually killed one of her dragons. Like, you kind of lost a lot of leverage there. And why didn't they just wipe them out while they were standing there? Cersei doesn't care about honor.
Evil unethical Cersei has the entire leadership of the enemy right in front of her, with ballistas and archers at her command. The dragon had already been effectively neutralized with the magic missiles. And she..... kills her assistant and let's them walk away?
[Reply]
Jerm 12:58 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Evil unethical Cersei has the entire leadership of the enemy right in front of her, with ballistas and archers at her command. The dragon had already been effectively neutralized with the magic missiles. And she..... kills her assistant and let's them walk away?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GoT is now the epitome of that emoji...
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:06 PM 05-06-2019
I don’t mind Dany’s arc of going full mad queen just like her father went crazy. It just feels forced because of the lack of time left. I don’t get why HBO couldn’t have done these last 2 seasons in 10 episode seasons.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:15 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Where the heck are you getting this ruthless crap from? She didn't send her Dothraki raging across the lands raping and pillaging. She didn't kill all the soldiers who were captured after the battle, she killed TWO btw, TWO. I don't think you have a freaking clue what ruthless means. And this is what I mean. The people who are upset are up against a wave of idiocy like this nonsense you just spouted.
:-) This show brings out dem emotions.

Conquerers by their very nature have to be ruthless. She learned this all the way back during Drogo’s death in Season 1. It’s just what it is.

We’re talking about someone who was begging to BBQ KL through all of Season 7.

She’s not the Mad Queen. She’s a Dragon. I don’t think she’s any more ruthless than any conqueror. The commentary is whether a conqueror is fit to rule. GRRM spent a book on this very question.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:16 PM 05-06-2019
"While Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet" is an actual quote by Weiss. Like, can you at least PRETEND to try?

I really have enjoyed this season, flaws and all, but this kind of shit is a bit infuriating.
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:22 PM 05-06-2019
Couldn’t Ghost have gotten at least one THATS A GOOD BOY scratch on the head. He lost an ear for you Jon, you dumb jerk.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:26 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Couldn’t Ghost have gotten at least one THATS A GOOD BOY scratch on the head. He lost an ear for you Jon, you dumb jerk.
:-) It's kind of amusing how many people are legitimately angry about that.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:29 PM 05-06-2019
I hate applying rationale to this show but how did they not see the iron fleet ships from miles away on the dragons? These guys were able to hit a dragon on the first 3 shots fired while bobbing up and down in a ship. Surely would have taken quite a few shots to even hit one. Hopefully Dany learns to attack like a dive bomber on those ballistas where they cant aim up.
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:34 PM 05-06-2019
LOL
Attached: 4B638E59-BE27-4265-822A-820098A19939.jpg (57.3 KB) 
[Reply]
vailpass 01:42 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Exaaaaactly. WTF? Cersei can have Tyrion feathered with a hand gesture and she doesn't? She can put an end to the Targ rebellion with the flick of a switch and she doesn't?

GoT is built upon being hard, cold, ruthless and indiscriminate as to who dies. The story made it's bones on harsh reality. The first hour of this episode just pissed all over that. We got the emasculation of Jon, Jamie, Tormund, Gendric. I kept hoping Pod would smack them all in the face with his big cock.

The only main characters holding true to the story are Euron, Arya, Sansa, and Hound. And Cersei even though she would have killed them all if GRRM were still driving.

/rant except I'm going to be that guy who quotes himself because I was most gratified to see that hot bitch Cersei listens to me. From last week:

Originally Posted by vailpass:
If Cercei had any sense she'd have had the Street of Steel and every blacksmith in town mass-manufacturing scorpions. Assemble them in batteries of 50 all over Kings Landing and let loose a pattern to punch holes in those dragons.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:46 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Hopefully Dany learns to attack like a dive bomber on those ballistas where they cant aim up.
There's a problem with the inverted flight tanks on the Targaryen 2.0 Dragons. They won't do a negative G pushover.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:52 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Ghost is BAMFer, I bet he'll come out nowhere and bite Cersei in the snatch and by default the Winterfell crew WINS
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:41 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There is only 2 episodes left. You Debbie downers are not worth reading anymore. Nothing would satisfy what you have in your own head on how events should have played out.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The only thing more annoying than the some sometimes bad writing, is the over the top dramatics from some of you about how "shitty" this show is.
Hey, look, the Opinion Police have arrived!

Anyway, got one to add to the memes:

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 05-06-2019
So is it Dragon Week instead of Shark Week when Daenerys goes Mad Queen
[Reply]
Page 282 of 386
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283284285286292332382 > Last »
Up