ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 79
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04:56 PM 10-29-2017
I think Mahomes will be great. Y'all can't read.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:00 PM 10-29-2017
Love that we are sitting Mahomes and developing him. Everyone forgets that before he just turned 22 a month ago and came out of college younger than Wentz and Dak.

If we have learned anything about quarterbacks through the years, it is that arm strength might be the least important factor. Look at what they thought about Watson? He doesn't look like he's lacking arm strength to me. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, etc. none of these guys had amazing arm strength.

Andy is doing the me right thing here and teaching this kid the mental part of the game. All Mahomes was in preseason was arm strength. We knew that when he threw several passes that should've been picked off.

Next year Pat will have a significantly better feel and understanding of the game and this offense.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:01 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Can you imagine what CP would be doing had we traded up and drafted the safer choice in Watson (to sit behind Smith) only to see Mahomes hitting Hopkins and Fuller on 75yd deep routes?

Watson has been better than I anticipated. Still very excited about Mahomes. You can't second guess this and neither can you evaluate it....yet.
Of course you can't evaluate either one yet, really.

It's the eternal CP dance... CP has a 1984-like culture of hate around the draft where the brain trust latches on to a small number of darling players, and blasts all others as completely worthless.

Naturally, when one of the darlings pulls a Geno Smith or one of the worthless players pulls a Brian "toilet brush" Orakpo, people are going to rub their noses in it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:02 PM 10-29-2017
DW has 21 total fucking TDs in 7 games

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:03 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
DW has 21 ****ing TDs in 7 games

:-) :-) :-)
Dude will be better than Mahomes bank on it.

and I'm okay with that I'm just glad the chiefs drafted for the future once.
[Reply]
Best22 05:05 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Love that we are sitting Mahomes and developing him. Everyone forgets that before he just turned 22 a month ago and came out of college younger than Wentz and Dak.

If we have learned anything about quarterbacks through the years, it is that arm strength might be the least important factor. Look at what they thought about Watson? He doesn't look like he's lacking arm strength to me. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, etc. none of these guys had amazing arm strength.

Andy is doing the me right thing here and teaching this kid the mental part of the game. All Mahomes was in preseason was arm strength. We knew that when he threw several passes that should've been picked off.

Next year Pat will have a significantly better feel and understanding of the game and this offense.
Mahomes is so much more than arm strength
He showed that in preseason.

Accuracy, leadership, escapability, feel for the game, decision making, intelligence. Mahomes has it

If we just wanted "arm strength" we would have stuck with Bray
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:07 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
How do we know Mahomes has the IT factor? Whatever that is. He lost a lot of games at Tech
There's no such thing as the "it" factor. It's a bullshit cliche made up by journalists and sports media.

Keeping calm, possessing great vision, and executing with precision during pressure situations are all things you can talk about, but there's no such thing as an "it" factor or "clutch gene" or any of that other fucking garbage bullshit.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:07 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Of course you can't evaluate either one yet, really.

It's the eternal CP dance... CP has a 1984-like culture of hate around the draft where the brain trust latches on to a small number of darling players, and blasts all others as completely worthless.

Naturally, when one of the darlings pulls a Geno Smith or one of the worthless players pulls a Brian "toilet brush" Orakpo, people are going to rub their noses in it.
That's why this thread is moot and should be over until at least mid-way through the 2018 season when presumably Mahomes will have a portfolio of experience. And if somehow Smith is still the starter for the Chiefs at that point, then we can all rejoice for the Super Bowl win. :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:08 PM 10-29-2017
Getting harder to say that he's not pretty damned good. It's not like he has the Cowboys OL and skill position players to prop him up, either.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:10 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Getting harder to say that he's not pretty damned good. It's not like he has the Cowboys OL and skill position players to prop him up, either.
Lol wut?

I agree with everything else, but Hopkins and Fuller are way better than the Cowboys WR’s.

Dez is a shell of his former self and they have nothing outside of him.
[Reply]
notorious 05:12 PM 10-29-2017
Like any player, give him a couple years. Some start out hot and turn to shit, some start out slow and get really good.

And then there are Cleveland's draft picks........
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:13 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Ah...
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05:13 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There's no such thing as the "it" factor. It's a bullshit cliche made up by journalists and sports media.

Keeping calm, possessing great vision, and executing with precision during pressure situations are all things you can talk about, but there's no such thing as an "it" factor or "clutch gene" or any of that other fucking garbage bullshit.
agree
[Reply]
RunKC 05:13 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Mahomes is so much more than arm strength
He showed that in preseason.

Accuracy, leadership, escapability, feel for the game, decision making, intelligence. Mahomes has it

If we just wanted "arm strength" we would have stuck with Bray
He was making bad throws in preseason as well as good ones. He should have had like 3 picks alone in the Titans game.

He's not there mentally and that's okay. We want him to be more Aaron Rodgers and not Brett Favre.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:14 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wut?

I agree with everything else, but Hopkins and Fuller are way better than the Cowboys WR’s.

Dez is a shell of his former self and they have nothing outside of him.
I guess you forgot about the fact that TEs and RBs play the game, too.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 79
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up