ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 173
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
OctoberFart 12:01 PM 12-19-2016
The best news I saw yesterday is that KC doesn't have that DE for Dallas that was picked off the KC practice squad. That guy looks like a Julius Peppers type player.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:38 PM 12-19-2016
I did not get good news today at the cancer center regarding my CT scan last Friday. The cancer that moved into my lungs has gotten larger and it has spread to other parts of a lung. My current treatments are not working anymore. So, they are starting me on a clinical trial, but first I have to get a liver biopsy, probably before the end of the year. I have been assured I will be completely knocked out for it and I insisted upon that, since the needle they will use probably looks more like a harpoon.

My nurse practitioner looked very sad and said she was sorry for the bad news. She hugged me and said she hoped I can still enjoy Christmas. I actually didn't have much of a reaction to the news. Maybe I am just numb, or it wasn't a shock, or maybe I was even expecting something along the lines of what I got today. At least I can have a beer on Christmas and New Years Eve now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:50 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
The best news I saw yesterday is that KC doesn't have that DE for Dallas that was picked off the KC practice squad. That guy looks like a Julius Peppers type player.
Jesus. You're a full service piece of shit.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 12:52 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I did not get good news today at the cancer center regarding my CT scan last Friday. The cancer that moved into my lungs has gotten larger and it has spread to other parts of a lung. My current treatments are not working anymore. So, they are starting me on a clinical trial, but first I have to get a liver biopsy, probably before the end of the year. I have been assured I will be completely knocked out for it and I insisted upon that, since the needle they will use probably looks more like a harpoon.

My nurse practitioner looked very sad and said she was sorry for the bad news. She hugged me and said she hoped I can still enjoy Christmas. I actually didn't have much of a reaction to the news. Maybe I am just numb, or it wasn't a shock, or maybe I was even expecting something along the lines of what I got today. At least I can have a beer on Christmas and New Years Eve now.
Sorry about the news Ed. It's a hell of a battle your fighting and there are always set backs but I can tell you're a warrior and yes get knocked out for the liver biopsy, I was talked into bone marrow and liver biopsy's without general anesthetic and after the fact I was pissed. Enjoy your Christmas and New Years brew and you are in my prayers.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:37 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Jesus. You're a full service piece of shit.
Was.........
[Reply]
Bwana 02:38 PM 12-19-2016
Sorry to hear the news Ed, I really hope this improves for you quickly. I wish you all the best, you know that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:01 PM 12-19-2016
Sorry to hear the bad news. Hang in there.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:29 PM 12-19-2016
Ed, I am very sorry to hear this. No one is surprised to hear that your treatment team has become attached to you. You will be in my thoughts over the holidays and I have no doubt that you will make the most of them.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:41 PM 12-19-2016

Sorry to hear about the CT results. Ever think about radiofrequency treatment?

I hope your lymph nodes settle down and that you feel better.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:50 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Was.........
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:50 PM 12-19-2016
Damn. Stay tough brother. You've sure lived life like a man, I have no doubts you will continue to do so.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:27 PM 12-19-2016

:-)

All the best Ed. Stay strong.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:08 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Sorry to hear about the CT results. Ever think about radiofrequency treatment?

I hope your lymph nodes settle down and that you feel better.
I got mad and hit myself in the stomach last night, then took two Tylenol PMs and the lymph nodes stopped bothering me. Maybe violence is the key to whipping this stuff! :-)
[Reply]
wazu 09:08 AM 12-20-2016
Sorry about the news, Ed. Glad you will be able to have a beer, though. God knows you deserve it.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:58 AM 12-21-2016
I got my test results from Monday and my CEA has soared yet again to 548.6 so the cancer is just having a merry old time in me. On the 29th, I go in for the liver biopsy. If the cancer has mutated and they can match the immunotherapy to whatever they find, then I can get on the trial. If not, I get to try some sort of pill that supposedly works better than the ones I was on in February and March that did nothing but make me feel sick all day.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 173
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Up