ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Do any of you still go to Long John Silvers?
Simply Red 05:50 PM 05-02-2012
I went last week & thought about you all.

Chicken planks are really good if you haven't had them in 10+yrs. I also like Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke, these days.

[Reply]
MOhillbilly 08:26 PM 05-02-2012
You guys eat like Fuckin hippies. Fuckin hippies.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:32 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Eating at LJS forced me to learn how to make hush puppies. True story.
Their pups are the TRUTH, with a dash of vinegar on'em.

And the new thick cut cod is also teh bomb.
[Reply]
Brando 09:15 PM 05-02-2012
Church's chicken FTW...Love that shit!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:17 PM 05-02-2012
No love for Captain D's anyone?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:18 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I love it. Captain D's too.
I had a buddy that worked at Captain D's in Jeff City years ago. He hated it. Said the grease was everywhere, permeated everything. Every article of clothing he wore to work would be ruined for wearing anywhere else.

It was around that time that I quit eating at LSJ regularly, and I always remember that story when I set foot in one.
[Reply]
Wyatt Earp 09:25 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Hell yes I do. It's ****ing greasy horrible shit food but I love it.
This! I always tell them to give me extra hush puppies instead of the coleslaw.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:30 PM 05-02-2012
I used to love Long John Silver's when I was a teenager, but haven't had any in probably at least two decades. There aren't any Long John Silver's restaurants in my area, or I'd try one. When I'm traveling with my wife and see one, there's no chance in Hades that we're stopping, and the few times I've seen one traveling alone fate has intervened to prevent a visit.

My sister actually worked at one for a few months in high school. I remember that their name tags at the time had cutesy nautical names, so she was something like a "1st mate" since she was new.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:32 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I used to love Long John Silver's when I was a teenager, but haven't had any in probably at least two decades. There aren't any Long John Silver's restaurants in my area, or I'd try one. When I'm traveling with my wife and see one, there's no chance in Hades that we're stopping, and the few times I've seen one traveling alone fate has intervened to prevent a visit.

My sister actually worked at one for a few months in high school. I remember that their name tags at the time had cutesy nautical names, so she was something like a "1st mate" since she was new.
I think an evil force is trying to keep you out of LJS.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 09:33 PM 05-02-2012
They'll sell you a grip of hush puppies for $20(seriously ask). They're great with beer, and great to bring to a potluck party if you aren't wanting to cook.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:34 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by CHENZ A!:
They'll sell you a grip of hush puppies for $20(seriously ask). They're great with beer, and great to bring to a potluck party if you aren't wanting to cook.
About how many hush puppies are in there?
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:38 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
No love for Captain D's anyone?
I cant honestly remember, it may have been Cap'n D's, but Fairbanks Ak used to have one that sounded real close to that, Cap'n McGillicuddys or whatever with a blue & white motif.

They were the real deal, they used halibut not cod, a meatier, steakier fish you'll never find, it was awesome but their slaw & pups couldnt match LJ's, though for some reason, i've always hated LJ's fries.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 09:39 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by listopencil:
About how many hush puppies are in there?
We got 2 of their greasy bags full. It's hard to estimate.. It was a lot though.

I love to cook, and usually will make something really baller to take to potluck parties.. Back in the day though I'd go the crab rangoon, or hush puppy route. They'd always be the first thing to get eaten.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:45 PM 05-02-2012
We got 2 of their greasy bags full. It's hard to estimate.. It was a lot though.

I love to cook, and usually will make something really baller to take to potluck parties.. Back in the day though I'd go the crab rangoon, or hush puppy route. They'd always be the first thing to get eaten.
crab rangoon are amazing.
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 09:47 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
crab rangoon are amazing.
Next time you're going to a potluck party call your local Chinese place and ask them how many you can get for like $20. You'd be surprised.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:50 PM 05-02-2012

Damn. I want some hush puppies.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 32
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up