ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 46
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any fishkeepers here? Saltwater or freshwater
Silock 04:02 AM 11-16-2011
I'm looking at starting up a saltwater tank. Is there a good fish store in the KC area without driving out to Lawrence?
[Reply]
Holladay 01:37 AM 11-02-2016
I finally found the LED lights that have a timer (Automatically cycles through dawn, day, dusk, & night light conditions), RGB (red, green, blue full spectrum), and DYNAMIC effects (weather effects such as Thunderstorms, Cloudy Days, Sunny Days and Moonlights) for a reasonable price at Drs Foster and Smith...which I HIGHLY recommend (the CD #'s listed below are the ref #)

Sorry, I tried to use
Originally Posted by :
ONLY use Aqua-Illumination. I've sold hundreds of their units. Nothing compares to their products and customer service and the ability to customize them for your specific want.
and was on hold for +1 hour, thus customer svc = sucks. Additionally those are great lights (Drs Foster/Smith offer them) but they are for Salt/Marine, not Freshwater. Marine are MUCH more expensive to be able to light enough for coral at the bottom of the tank. To use the Aqua-Illumination lights were gonna $1,500:-) for my 125g tank.

The previous pics are with LED's that are going to be returned to Drs Foster/Smith because they do not have the timer (and cost more 48" at $160 vs the listed light below $130). My tank is not planted. I had a tank many moons ago that was...quite cool but more expense and clean up. But with this "Broad Spectrum" LED, makes me want to do it again.

Through all the research (hours, same to post pics..lol) I just ordered the lights tonight. So the verdict is still out. Will keep the CP updated.

20" (Mfg# KL-20A), CD-97469, $67.99
24" (Mfg# KL-24A), CD-97470, $75.99
30" (Mfg# KL-30A), CD-97471, $86.99
36" (Mfg# KL-36A), CD-97472, $105.99
48" (Mfg# KL-48A), CD-97473, $129.99

* Color changing RGB+7K White LED light fixture for planted aquariums
* Automatically cycles through dawn, day, dusk, & night light conditions
* Enjoy weather mode light effects or program and save custom colors
Experience vivid, full-spectrum light effects for a dynamic planted aquarium display. Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Aquarium LED Light Fixture is a color-changing RGB+7K White LED light fixture that seamlessly transitions from dawn, midday, afternoon, dusk, to night light conditions. Fully automated LED light simulates natural 24-hour light conditions to illuminate your aquarium beautifully as nature intended. Provides light that supports the health of live aquatic plants.

Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Aquarium LED Light Fixture is equipped with a remote that allows weather effects such as Thunderstorms, Cloudy Days, Sunny Days and Moonlights to be activated with a click of a button. Also accessible via the IR controlled remote are four (4) memory slots in which a user can easily customize and save countless color combinations and lighting intensities if the user does not want to use the 24/7 feature.

Features:

RGB (Red, Green and Blue) + 7,000°K Daylight LEDs allow planted aquariums to thrive
Ultrathin low profile aluminum housing - less than 1" thick!
Clear adjustable legs
Water resistant splashguard
Built-in memory remembers last saved settings
Multifunction remote
Shop all Aquarium Lighting.

Please click on "More Information" for directions.
[Reply]
Silock 02:56 AM 11-02-2016
Sold all my tanks :-)
[Reply]
Holladay 04:28 AM 11-02-2016
Depending on your space, it is not to late to get a simple tank...say a 30g. You can get 55g fairly cheap. A lot that you can do with a 55g. And only 10 trips with a 5g bucket:-)
[Reply]
Holladay 04:29 AM 11-02-2016
And for you single dudes, chicks dig it............................

As do kids.
[Reply]
Holladay 04:32 AM 11-02-2016
Welp, I blew my wad for a few years. My contribution for all of your insight towards football that I have enjoyed for a long time.
[Reply]
Holladay 01:53 AM 09-18-2017
I am going to plant my 30 g in potted plants. I have had a planted 125g a LONG time ago. What are the best/easiest/sturdy plants to buy. Quick ideas?

I am also looking at doing a small indoors water plant garden. Never done that before.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:18 PM 02-13-2020
So I'v upgraded from a 29gallon to a 55 gallon tank & I'm using Super Bowl and AFC Championship magazines and a Mahomes Magic Crunch box for my backdrop and I have a few of my old fishies i love dearly. A Dinosaur fish named King Ghidorah a red tail shark the Cheetah and a plecostomus I call the Kracken because he got huge. Hope you all think this is cool.

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:37 PM 02-13-2020
That’s a well fed pleco
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:41 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That’s a well fed pleco
Well I switched tanks so I'm kinda nervous he doesn't have enough algae for him to eat but so far i think he is doing fine.

I need to get more fishies but we don't have a close by supplier so it really sucks.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:00 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Well I switched tanks so I'm kinda nervous he doesn't have enough algae for him to eat but so far i think he is doing fine.

I need to get more fishies but we don't have a close by supplier so it really sucks.

Ever considered liveaquaria.com or other online dealers? Shipping can be pricey but can’t beat the selection.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:19 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

There’s always those little algae discs for plecos in lieu of the real thing
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:23 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Ever considered liveaquaria.com or other online dealers? Shipping can be pricey but can’t beat the selection.
Thanks mr. tegu I'll check into it I appreciate it.

I want another Dragon fish they are badass but he passed after 4 years :-)

Also fuck you Walmart for fucking over the one small town business that sold fishies and then stopped carrying fishies yourself fuck the fuck you Walmart.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:24 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
There’s always those little algae discs for plecos in lieu of the real thing
Yes very smart thinking i've done that before when I started out with him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:54 PM 02-13-2020
We all LIV in a Yellow Submarine and so does The Cheetah

[Reply]
Pointer19 08:06 PM 02-13-2020
Huh. I want some fish now. I think moving every couple years would be an issue.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 46
« First < 303637383940 41424344 > Last »
Up