ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 46
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any fishkeepers here? Saltwater or freshwater
Silock 04:02 AM 11-16-2011
I'm looking at starting up a saltwater tank. Is there a good fish store in the KC area without driving out to Lawrence?
[Reply]
Holladay 06:57 PM 10-28-2016
this

[QUOTEhttps://www.kcfishclub.org/forum/index.html
][/QUOTE]

I have had fish for decades. I am looking to do LED lighting. They now have weather patterns...ie storms with lightning, over cast part sunny day, moon phases. Truly cool.

I bought a set for my 125g ($180)and 30g ($110) "Current: Satellite Freshwater LED + from Drs Fosters and Smith (online pet store that I recommend), but they didn't have a timer. I called Current and they have a Satellite Freshwater LED + PRO for the 125g at +$300. Ouch. For years, I have had my fluorescent bulbs set on a Christmas Tree dial timer to turn on and off. The LED lights I bought do not have a timer much to my chagrin.

Thus any ideas? A friend has a set up with LED from Fluval and an app to control his aquarium. In the end, LED with climatic programs and a timer is what I want. I don't need a blue tooth app.

OR a good web site forum to visit, much like the CP for guidance? I do mostly cichlids...rift lake: Malawi and Peacocks. Recommendations?

BTW, Since this thread inception, I have wanting to send pics of my tank to this thread. Alas, I am old and will figure out how to post:-) and find time to do it.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 06:59 PM 10-28-2016
ONLY use Aqua-Illumination. I've sold hundreds of their units. Nothing compares to their products and customer service and the ability to customize them for your specific want.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:12 PM 10-28-2016
Um...not heard of them. Pricey? I will google. Thanks
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:13 PM 10-28-2016
Depends on the unit but they start reasonable and then can be considered high. But you will never buy another light
[Reply]
Holladay 07:19 PM 10-28-2016
[QUOTE $599.00 ][/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by :
135W LED aquarium light fixture with 52 LEDs in 7 different colors

* Wi-Fi control and hyper-drive function boost aquarium lighting control

* Create powerful custom lighting for vivid coral reef aquarium lighting
Sounds awesome. But I don't do salt...Salts are more expensive.

I will look into it a bit more. Keep in mind I had 2 x 48" fluorescent bulbs set on a X-mas tree timer:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:19 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I have had fish for decades. I am looking to do LED lighting. They now have weather patterns...ie storms with lightning, over cast part sunny day, moon phases. Truly cool.
I went two decades with various kinds of fresh tanks, and have now been without a tank of any kind for coming up on a decade... and that new lighting system sounds totally incredible

Sounds like it would be extremely beneficial to a tank, really replicating natural cycles... thats some next-gen stuff
[Reply]
Holladay 07:22 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by :
ability to customize them for your specific want.
That I can work with. I need to call them.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:26 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by :
I went two decades with various kinds of fresh tanks, and have now been without a tank of any kind for coming up on a decade... and that new lighting system sounds totally incredible

Sounds like it would be extremely beneficial to a tank, really replicating natural cycles... thats some next-gen stuff
hehehe...you can't imagine. Not gonna say "hard on" level, but gave me something to look forward to when I bought them (being able to look forward to SOMETHING is a gift). It is what is advertised but REALLY need a timer. My set up is in a wall in my basement and WAY cool...need to be able to post the pics....darn
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:53 PM 10-28-2016
Rodan

King Ghidorah

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:56 PM 10-28-2016
What in the hell do you have there, Tat... looks like some kind of snakehead relative
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:23 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What in the hell do you have there, Tat... looks like some kind of snakehead relative
Rodan is a dinosaur fish and King Ghidorah is a dragon fish.

I love them Rodan is a eating machine he loves ghost shrimp I have a cage with a diver in it and the shrimp hide in the cage but that doesn't stop Rodan. He bumps it to shake them out of it and one time he got into it. Bad Ass!

King Ghidorah is a king he doesn't do much but dwells on the bottom because he is short sighted or almost blind but he can lung and get around is a beast.

I also have in my tank, my algae fish got huge and I've named him The Kraken. I got several guppies and a tiger barb and a red tail shark named Jaws. I think I need a bigger tank.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:48 PM 10-28-2016
I've had King Ghidorah, Rodan, The Kraken and Jaws for over a year and they are doing great I am super proud of myself for taking care of them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I've had King Ghidorah, Rodan, The Kraken and Jaws for over a year and they are doing great I am super proud of myself for taking care of them.
Had a 'rodon' of my own for several years.

Polypterus senegalus; a Senegal Bichir. Food fish but started eating anything he could catch when he hit full grown.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:19 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Had a 'rodon' of my own for several years.

Polypterus senegalus; a Senegal Bichir. Food fish but started eating anything he could catch when he hit full grown.
Amazing graceful swimmers and I love watching sneak up behind his prey and then in an instant snatch it. Beast
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:29 PM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Rodan is a dinosaur fish and King Ghidorah is a dragon fish.

I love them Rodan is a eating machine he loves ghost shrimp I have a cage with a diver in it and the shrimp hide in the cage but that doesn't stop Rodan. He bumps it to shake them out of it and one time he got into it. Bad Ass!

King Ghidorah is a king he doesn't do much but dwells on the bottom because he is short sighted or almost blind but he can lung and get around is a beast.

I also have in my tank, my algae fish got huge and I've named him The Kraken. I got several guppies and a tiger barb and a red tail shark named Jaws. I think I need a bigger tank.
I've never seen anything quite like those, like a miniature scale cross between a needlefish and a snakehead

Needlefish are awesome little predators, basically mini-barracudas, I successfully raised one with a wild turtle in a 50 gallon tank for about 6 months... things got too nippy at the end though, and the mini cuda got traded back to the store

Needlefish are beautiful to watch

[Reply]
Page 38 of 46
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Up