ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Urban Meyer having chest pains
Bewbies 09:44 AM 08-01-2018
Chest pains report unconfirmed following this report.

Text messages I have obtained, an exclusive interview w/the victim & other information I have learned shows Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations against a member of his coaching staff despite his denial last week https://t.co/fcxi8GKyeI

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 1, 2018

He's trending on twitter, and most everyone is taking the under as to if he makes it to kickoff for the 2018 season now. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:57 AM 08-23-2018
Meanwhile at NCCA HQ....

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:06 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Seriously, that was a fucking joke.

Just go up there and say "yeah, he fucked up but he wins games and makes us a lot of money".
I'd respect the hell out of a motherfucker that has the balls to do this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:13 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Still trying to wrap my head around the spin of "yeah he lied but but but he didn't deliberately lie".....what in the blue ****.....

What a joke. **** Ohio St.

Meyer always has and always will be a lying scumbag.
Meyer is a scumbag. But this seems to be blown completely out of proportion. Every major program has probably covered up multiple egregious rapes, assault, etc... And the actual rapists get off scot free. Here you have a coach who knew about someone else committing domestic violence, and maybe or maybe not didn't report it. It doesn't make it right. But it's just a pattern of the ncaa making an example of rules schools egregiously break.

Not one to victim blame, but it's pretty telling when the victims own mother questions her own daughters credibility. Everything I've heard is the smiths were absolute drunk disasters. Questionable judgment on urban not to fire essentially a nonessential coach which makes him a scumbag. Wouldn't want that scumbag Smith teaching young players. Shouldn't have lied about not knowing. But doesn't a suspension pretty much cover that?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That's an extremely poor excuse, as it sounds like Ohio State has some more heads to chop if anything.
I'm surprised Gene Smith survived this. I imagine the clock is ticking for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:26 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Still trying to wrap my head around the spin of "yeah he lied but but but he didn't deliberately lie".....what in the blue fuck.....

What a joke. Fuck Ohio St.

Meyer always has and always will be a lying scumbag.
"Memory loss" was an even more creative workaround than North Carolina's "Well ANYONE could've taken this ridiculous blowoff class and cheated their way through it, not just athletes!"

Their findings include Meyer's selective memory gaps and we're supposed to believe this was an independent panel. Gotchya, lads.

I pretty much hope the Ohio State bus crashes. Any player that chooses to support this man and any family that sends their son to play under him is as deserving of scorn as he is.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Meyer is a scumbag. But this seems to be blown completely out of proportion. Every major program has probably covered up multiple egregious rapes, assault, etc... And the actual rapists get off scot free. Here you have a coach who knew about someone else committing domestic violence, and maybe or maybe not didn't report it. It doesn't make it right. But it's just a pattern of the ncaa making an example of rules schools egregiously break.

Not one to victim blame, but it's pretty telling when the victims own mother questions her own daughters credibility. Everything I've heard is the smiths were absolute drunk disasters. Questionable judgment on urban not to fire essentially a nonessential coach which makes him a scumbag. Wouldn't want that scumbag Smith teaching young players. Shouldn't have lied about not knowing. But doesn't a suspension pretty much cover that?
A suspension covers that? For 3 games (really only 3 games and 1 week of practice).

How the hell does someone come up with this?

Again, say what it is. He's a great coach and recruiter and he wins a lot of games and makes a lot of money.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 08-23-2018
I mean, the dude went back and wiped his phone of text messages, lied, forgot, lied whatever.

He's a fraud but he's a helluva coach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 08-23-2018

You don't want meyer teaching young players....for three weeks I guess?

No, a suspension doesn't 'pretty much cover that'. And while OSU may have found the legal cover they desperately wanted to find anyway to avoid firing a guy who won football games, that's ALL this is about. Meyer is human garbage who's demonstrated a damn near 20 year track record of being an absolute shit human being.

OSU valued winning football games over having a halfway decent human being running their football team. That's it, that's what it comes down to.

OSU and anyone that voluntarily chooses to associate with it makes their priorities quite clear.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:43 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"Memory loss" was an even more creative workaround than North Carolina's "Well ANYONE could've taken this ridiculous blowoff class and cheated their way through it, not just athletes!"

Their findings include Meyer's selective memory gaps and we're supposed to believe this was an independent panel. Gotchya, lads.

I pretty much hope the Ohio State bus crashes. Any player that chooses to support this man and any family that sends their son to play under him is as deserving of scorn as he is.
Yeah the memory loss thing was grand....his memory is fucked but he coaches at one of the biggest football programs in the country? Uh huh.

This guy and his medical conditions....first the heart and now his memory.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:00 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You don't want meyer teaching young players....for three weeks I guess?

No, a suspension doesn't 'pretty much cover that'. And while OSU may have found the legal cover they desperately wanted to find anyway to avoid firing a guy who won football games, that's ALL this is about. Meyer is human garbage who's demonstrated a damn near 20 year track record of being an absolute shit human being.

OSU valued winning football games over having a halfway decent human being running their football team. That's it, that's what it comes down to.

OSU and anyone that voluntarily chooses to associate with it makes their priorities quite clear.
I'm talking purely about ncaa violations. People are treating this as if this was some egregious breaking of ncaa rules or an egregious case of covering up domestic violence. Urban lied and tried to hide information. That is the punishable offense. Did he prevent police from doing their job? Doesn't sound like it.

So the debate isn't about ncaa violations. It's how important you think a coach's character is. That is a totally different discussion. And I'd argue that Ohio state knew coming in what kind of shady characters Meyers worked with. So let me ask this... How many college football players in major programs are still playing despite having DUIs and cases of alleged but not convicted cases of domestic violence? Is this much different? I would argue that letting players get away with this is much worse.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:19 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I figured he’d get one game off but they did need to appease the torch and pitchfork crowd.

Ohio State Suspends Coach Urban Meyer for First Three Games of Season

Ohio State has suspended head football coach Urban Meyer for the first three games of the season without pay, the school announced in a press conference Wednesday.

The announcement comes after the Ohio State Board of Trustees held a closed meeting on Wednesday at the Longaberger Alumni House on campus to discuss their findings from their investigation into Meyer's conduct. The meeting lasted twelve hours. Meyer, his wife, Shelley, and athletic director Gene Smith were seen entering the building throughout the day.

Meyer will miss Ohio State's games against Oregon State on Sept. 1, Rutgers the following week and No. 16 TCU on Sept. 16 in Arlington, Texas.

AD Smith was also suspended without pay from Aug. 31-Sept. 16.

Ohio State said last week that president Michael V. Drake would announce his final decision on Meyer after consulting with the Ohio State Board of Trustees.

https://www.si.com/college-football/...ion-ohio-state
Dude the pitch fork crowd is kind of justified here.

Meyer has an extremely long track record of being a piece of shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 08-23-2018
I'm talking purely about ncaa violations. People are treating this as if this was some egregious breaking of ncaa rules or an egregious case of covering up domestic violence. Urban lied and tried to hide information. That is the punishable offense. Did he prevent police from doing their job? Doesn't sound like it.

So the debate isn't about ncaa violations. It's how important you think a coach's character is. That is a totally different discussion. And I'd argue that Ohio state knew coming in what kind of shady characters Meyers worked with. So let me ask this... How many college football players in major programs are still playing despite having DUIs and cases of alleged but not convicted cases of domestic violence? Is this much different? I would argue that letting players get away with this is much worse.
I wouldn't allow players convicted of domestic violence to continue playing. Now as to the 'alleged but not convicted' I really don't think you can punish a player there. But here's where Meyer's own words kill him - he has ACKNOWLEDGED that he knew that Smith abused his wife.

He friggen admitted it. This isn't a situation where he said "I talked to Zach, he assured me the allegations were false and I made a mistake in trusting him..." Nope, he openly acknowledged that Smith was doing this stuff and he was aware of it.

So of course this is a conversation about ethics rather than NCAA sanctions - it always was and always should have been. And of course Ohio State, a program willing to hire a shady piece of shit like Meyer to begin with - failed said test.

That's precisely my point. That's why I don't limit my animosity to Smith or Meyer. The whole university deserves scorn, all the way to the players that choose to play for him and their families. They are emboldening Meyer to be the kind of nefarious pile of excrement that I used to think only existed in lousy sports movies and Lifetime dramas.
[Reply]
Bewbies 11:02 AM 08-23-2018
This feels like a baseball game where there’s 2 guys on, 2 outs and the batter pops up in foul territory. The player drops the ball and you know that error is going to bite them in the ass.

Don’t know when, but this is going to bite OSU in the ass later.

Also. “I’m sorry we’re all in this situation.” Jesus.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:14 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
This feels like a baseball game where there’s 2 guys on, 2 outs and the batter pops up in foul territory. The player drops the ball and you know that error is going to bite them in the ass.

He's such an asshole.

The guy couldn't even fake being contrite for 3 minutes.

"Oh, but it's just a moral question at this point..."

Gee....ya think?
[Reply]
loochy 11:16 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:

How is it going to bite them? It's not going to bite them. Football season will start, the winning will start, and all will be forgotten.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up