ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 79
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:06 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lets quit using Bill O Brien as the scape goat for Deshaun Watson. Plenty of good QBs over come crap coaches. Also why does Bill get so much hate? Is it because hes a patriot douche? Hes been Houston's coach for 6 years and has only had 1 season that they weren't above .500 and that one season was Watson's rookie year. B.O.B had trash at QB before Watson, yet they still won games. Now that he has Watson he's had back to back double digit win seasons and back to back AFC South titles.

Now im not saying he's a great coach, but he's no where near as bad as people make him out to be. Hes not some huge weight on Deshauns heels holding him down. Deshaun is a really good qb, but watching that game on Sunday should be enough to show everyone that he's not anywhere close to the same level as Mahomes. Do any of you think if the roles were reversed that Mahomes would have went out there drive after drive and shit the bed over and over, just letting the game get out of reach. Thats not Bills fault, Deshaun just couldnt execute.
He is endanger of turning into the caucasian version of Marvin Lewis. 6 yrs and little to show IMHO. How Marvin kept his job for sooooooo long is beyond me but then I thought "Mike Brown" and then it made sense.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:08 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Honestly, DeShaun is really good.

IMO he’s the second best young quarterback in the league. The Texans have a really good one.

He’s not even on the same planet as Mahomes.
Had we drafted Watson because someone else took Mahomes, it would have been interesting to see how much better he would be under Andy's tutelage.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:13 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
He is endanger of turning into the caucasian version of Marvin Lewis. 6 yrs and little to show IMHO. How Marvin kept his job for sooooooo long is beyond me but then I thought "Mike Brown" and then it made sense.:-)
I'd take B.O.B. over Lewis every time. Bill had a shit QB for the first few years and now that he has Watson his team is gonna own the South for many years and may be if they strike lightening in a bottle they will win a SB. Also Bill has 2 playoff wins in 6 years and Marvin Lewis didn't even get 1 playoff win in 16 seasons. Bill is a much better coach than Marv.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:19 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd take B.O.B. over Lewis every time. Bill had a shit QB for the first few years and now that he has Watson his team is gonna own the South for many years and may be if they strike lightening in a bottle they will win a SB. Also Bill has 2 playoff wins in 6 years and Marvin Lewis didn't even get 1 playoff win in 16 seasons. Bill is a much better coach than Marv.
He will pay dearly for his GM moves.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:22 PM 01-15-2020
Had we drafted Watson because someone else took Mahomes, it would have been interesting to see how much better he would be under Andy's tutelage.
Well I doubt they would have traded up for Watson. If Mahomes wasn't there at 10, then they aren't trading up. Andy realized how limited his knowledge and ability to remember coverages was. Watson doesnt have the same mental capabilities or physical tools as Mahomes. Mahomes would probably make Bill O Brien a better coach and in the hypothetical situation of us getting Watson and the Texans getting Mahomes, then I bet the Texans are the best team in the NFL and the Chiefs are the same old Alex Smith led team Chiefs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:23 PM 01-15-2020
He will pay dearly for his GM moves.
I never said he should be a GM lol. That however doesn't make him a bad coach.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 11:32 PM 01-15-2020
One of the main differences is the leadership ..

up 21-0 Watson was running around the sidelines playing air guitar and talking to everyone..once the Chiefs mounted their comeback Watson was sitting on the bench with a defeated look on his face. .

Mahomes down 24-0 was doing this:

“Let’s do something special. They’re already counting us the f— out.” - Patrick Mahomes, before the storm (via @NFLFilms) pic.twitter.com/mqLWn8sVIC

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 14, 2020

Watson was doing this:

In Case You Missed It: @Chiefs vs @HoustonTexans at the END of 2nd Qtr @Chiefs scores and about to add a point @deshaunwatson stopped playing the imaginary guitar. This was becoming a reality and ready to go #Fishing pic.twitter.com/o3wmDvCvw3

— Sports_Passage (@Sports_Passage) January 14, 2020

[Reply]
DRM08 11:42 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
One of the main differences is the leadership ..

up 21-0 Watson was running around the sidelines playing air guitar and talking to everyone..once the Chiefs mounted their comeback Watson was sitting on the bench with a defeated look on his face. .

Mahomes down 24-0 was doing this:

Watson was doing this:

Seems like Watson has been getting a pass from the media. Game was very close at halftime. He had the chance to keep pace in the 2nd half and make this a shootout down the wire. Credit to Chiefs defense for shutting them down, but I also think the guy with the "clutch rep" in the media should be getting some criticism for allowing a 24 point lead to turn into a 20 point loss.

Even if we reversed their roles and Patrick lost that game after leading 24-0, I guarantee it would have been a close one down the stretch! A real battle late in the 4th quarter, not a total beatdown. There's no excuse with 28-24 at halftime for Deshaun to lay a 7 point egg in the 2nd half while the other team is putting 23 on the board.
[Reply]
mallrat 11:43 PM 01-15-2020
Watson doesn't make the dumb mistakes that mahomes makes.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:47 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by mallrat:
...good for him!.... he can do that from his couch on Sunday.
[Reply]
milkman 01:46 AM 01-16-2020
Good lord.

Where do these idiots come from?
[Reply]
jjjayb 02:13 AM 01-16-2020
And what dumb mistakes would those be?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:18 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...good for him!.... he can do that from his couch on Sunday.
Brady and Lamar are bringing the beer
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:19 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
And what dumb mistakes would those be?
Mahomes forgot the lube
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:51 AM 01-16-2020
Watson's claim to fame is 4th quarter crap. If he was actually good he wouldnt have to run around late in games hes about to lose.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 79
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up